Teams Of The Future

RavenRapOnTheMap32

Independence is the team to shoot for next year. They have talent, depth, coaching, chemistry, and extremely good defense.

Yeah, Brentwood will be pretty vulnerable next year. Especially losing all of our seniors. I sure hope we can get out of the district. :lol:

I like your sense of humor fam...your not tricking me!

Although IHS will be a very good team.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood is always doing well .. obviously but i do belive that siegel's JV won the district tournment and has 2 very key sophmore players. ANd also having every girl playing club .. except for one .. means i think they have a pretty bright future

Roll 5, last I counted three key sophs but tht really means nothing. Its only fan talk for those still not in the hunt or have not reached their goals. Coach Slaughter will not allow the focus to be changed and the FAB 6 understands there is not another year at Siegel and they have to do it now. Best of luck to what many fans think this had to be the best coaching job that has been done this year in the state under some very hard situations, injuries, etc. and to the players that have had to be very flexible. Siegel has become a very deep team and has found more quality depth than they thought they had. Maybe that had to do with coaching too.

Cookeville/Siegel match won't be nearly as competitive next year. Siegel will have to replace some very key players and Cookeville may just have the best MB tandem in the state next year. I am going to have to go with Cookeville. I'm not sure what year their setters are though. Does anyone know?

Brentwood will continue to roll next year with no real threat in AAA. Their only competition will come from within their own district - other than D-II. D-II is about ready to take the #1 position away from AAA.

Sullivan South will be good. Collierville and Germantown will be at state, but again, no competition for the Bruins.

Top 10 in 2006 - AAA

1. Brentwood

2. Independence

3. Cookeville

4. Franklin

5. Collierville

6. Germantown

7. Siegel

8. Sullivan South

9. Ooltewah

10. Red Bank

There are probably about 5-6 other teams in the state that could be interchangeable with 5-10. After that, it is still amazing how few good teams there really are. In volleyball, it seems as if the same teams will always be in contention to go to state. Everyone will be playing for second place for a long time to come. Brentwood will reign for years.

Cookeville will lose one setter, Their 5'8 setter/ OH is a junior. Who will

set the other half of the rotation seems to be the question.

Cookeville/Siegel match won't be nearly as competitive next year. Siegel will have to replace some very key players and Cookeville may just have the best MB tandem in the state next year. I am going to have to go with Cookeville. I'm not sure what year their setters are though. Does anyone know?

Brentwood will continue to roll next year with no real threat in AAA. Their only competition will come from within their own district - other than D-II. D-II is about ready to take the #1 position away from AAA.

Sullivan South will be good. Collierville and Germantown will be at state, but again, no competition for the Bruins.

Top 10 in 2006 - AAA

1. Brentwood

2. Independence

3. Cookeville

4. Franklin

5. Collierville

6. Germantown

7. Siegel

8. Sullivan South

9. Ooltewah

10. Red Bank

There are probably about 5-6 other teams in the state that could be interchangeable with 5-10. After that, it is still amazing how few good teams there really are. In volleyball, it seems as if the same teams will always be in contention to go to state. Everyone will be playing for second place for a long time to come. Brentwood will reign for years.

Cookeville has a really good setter who will be a senior next year. She is also an outside hitter. I also believe they have freshman who is a good setter. Don't know if she will be utilized yet or if the coach will go with another player. Cookeville made a good showing this year and will be a team to watch next year.

Siegel loses 6 seniors...thankfully the middle school team is the best its ever been...mainly sisters of girls on Siegels team right now.

yes that's all true but five of the girls who play varisty this year will be returning. Luna, Faulkner, Smith, Parrot, and Reese will all be coming back. Cookeville vs. Siegel will be great matches, just like they were this year.

Top 10 in 2006 - AAA

1. Brentwood

2. Independence

3. Cookeville

4. Franklin

5. Collierville

6. Germantown

7. Siegel

8. Sullivan South

9. Ooltewah

10. Red Bank

Siegel vs. Cookeville will continue to be huge rivals next year. Both teams will be very good. As for Cookeville having the best middle in the state? You haven't been watching good volleyball. Siegel's middle Shelby Smith is only a sophomore who can get her hands on most balls. Cookeville's middle is very good but the best in the state? Let's not get carried away. Def top five or so but not best.

Independence is the team to shoot for next year. They have talent, depth, coaching, chemistry, and extremely good defense.

Yeah, Brentwood will be pretty vulnerable next year. Especially losing all of our seniors. I sure hope we can get out of the district. :thumb:

Your JV team won a Big Jv tournament in Louisville which is considered one of the best in the South. It played a full schedule. Independence is good and will be a competitor but dry those tears. Your coach finds a way to get the best out of her talent.

Your JV team won a Big Jv tournament in Louisville which is considered one of the best in the South. It played a full schedule. Independence is good and will be a competitor but dry those tears. Your coach finds a way to get the best out of her talent.

Brentwood's JV would be a strong contender in the A/AA state tournament this year, and wouldn't do too bad in AAA either.

Brentwood's JV would be a strong contender in the A/AA state tournament this year, and wouldn't do too bad in AAA either.

Siegel JV and Brentwood JV had a couple of great games earlier this year.

Siegel thought they beat them in a 2/3 match as they were the first to 15 in the third game. But during that tournament they were playing to 25 and not 15. Brentwood came back and beat them the third game.

Later that day in the championship of the tounament they beat siegel in 2.

it was really fun to watch those games.

Announcements