Father Ryan's Streak Of Bad Season's Coming To An End?

IrishFootball4

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Success at the freshman level means very little as a predictor to varsity success. Schedules are not even, opponents are not highly coached, very little game planning, no weight room experience, puberty, etc. etc.

you have got to be kidding , those statements are from someone that coaches in a peewee conferance. be real if you are going to have a good varisty team it starts iat the freshmen level .

you have got to be kidding , those statements are from someone that coaches in a peewee conferance. be real if you are going to have a good varisty team it starts iat the freshmen level .

That's not his point, nimrod. He's saying that you can't judge how good a varsity team is going to be based on how the freshman team does record wise, because of the reasons he stated. A lot of things change from freshman year to senior year. An undefeated season as freshman does NOT mean success from there on out.

Well if that's your argument, the class of 2006 at MBA beat riverdale's class of '06 in freshman football and the class of '07 stomped riverdale at the freshman level. As well, in '03 the JV team beat them. Guess that means MBA is unquestionably better than Riverdale this year (which I don't believe is the case)

Edited by Crossings

Is this really worth discussing this year? It will all work out in the end how it's supposed to. Heck, players come and go, coaches come and go and stuff happens. I'm too worried about who wins the next 7 games this year.

Ole Dad

Well if that's your argument, the class of 2006 at MBA beat riverdale's class of '06 in freshman football and the class of '07 stomped riverdale at the freshman level. As well, in '03 the JV team beat them. Guess that means MBA is unquestionably better than Riverdale this year (which I don't believe is the case)

It's my argument while arguing with my tongue firmly in my cheek.

useless topic

For once I agree with FRW. He is corect, but I did see that the Williamson County Cowboys under 115 lb. team was ranked 16th in the Nation by Pop Warner Weekly. All schools in the county must be lickin the ole chops.

:thumb:

Edited by GREG141