Dyersburg At Obion Co

VOREBS

Ok so I know there has already been alot of talk about this game, but now lets hear it as it is time. Dyersburg had a close one with Haywood last wek, while the Rebels offense struggled in a loss to Chester Co. D'burg is a very solid ballclub, and present many problems for the Rebels, and if the Rebel O does not get back on track, this could be a long night. On the other hand, OC has played very well at home this year, and end the season with two big Region games at Troy. OC controls their on fate as far a the play-offs go. Look for an inspired effort by OC, and a good, hard fought game by both squads. Let the talk begin........

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I know there has already been alot of talk about this game, but now lets hear it as it is time. Dyersburg had a close one with Haywood last wek, while the Rebels offense struggled in a loss to Chester Co. D'burg is a very solid ballclub, and present many problems for the Rebels, and if the Rebel O does not get back on track, this could be a long night. On the other hand, OC has played very well at home this year, and end the season with two big Region games at Troy. OC controls their on fate as far a the play-offs go. Look for an inspired effort by OC, and a good, hard fought game by both squads. Let the talk begin........

Hang in there, Reb. I was not impressed with DHS Friday against Haywood. It could very easily be your game.

Hang in there, Reb. I was not impressed with DHS Friday against Haywood. You could very well come out with a win.

Hang in there, Reb. I was not impressed with DHS Friday against Haywood. You could very well come out with a win.

i think being down 14-0 with about 15 minutes to go, against a very solid defensive team as haywood, and you put up 15 points in 15 minutes to win the game....then add to that another come from behind victory against previously ranked #1 covington, all while being out of school and not focused for the last two weeks is a sign of a good team; and your not impressed?

crockett county has been the best offensive team dyersburg has played this year......

you want to be impressed, then watch that game film........

For the Rebels to have a chance in this game,they're gonna have to come out of this funk they've been in offensively.The defense has played well enough for us to win the last couple of weeks,but the offense is not producing.If you keep giving teams like Dyersburg,Haywood and even Chester enough oppportunities,they're gonna make you pay.The only time we looked any good agaisnt Chester was on the first drive of the game and after Fulbright's punt return.Other than that we were completely flat.If we have that same kind of effort agaisnt Dyersburg,we won't win.If we can find that same kind of intensity we had agaisnt Union City and Covington,we might shock the world one more time.

GO REBELS!!!!!

i think being down 14-0 with about 15 minutes to go, against a very solid defensive team as haywood, and you put up 15 points in 15 minutes to win the game....then add to that another come from behind victory against previously ranked #1 covington, all while being out of school and not focused for the last two weeks is a sign of a good team; and your not impressed?

crockett county has been the best offensive team dyersburg has played this year......

you want to be impressed, then watch that game film........

DHS couldn't even make their extra points and I'm suppose to be impressed? We are talking about the Haywood game not Crockett. So Crockett surprised DHS. BIG DEAL. Maybe they had a good night. Youl know that happens every once and awhile.

Edited by Purpleheart

DHS couldn't even make their extra points and I'm suppose to be impressed? We are talking about the Haywood game not Crockett. So Crockett surprised DHS. BIG DEAL. Maybe they had a good night. Youl know that happens every once and awhile.

to show how stupid your analysis is....one would assume what you are saying is that dyersburg is not very good......since you were not impressed...

well, i guess that means that EVERY TEAM in region 7-3A stinks.....is that not what you are saying?........ cause if it is not, then explain how dburg is 8-0 and region champs......and ranked #2?

either they are good or every other team in this region stinks....so please, EVERYBODY IN 7-3A awaits your response!

if you had OBJECTIVELY watched the game, then you would have seen what you DID NOT SEE....

an undefeated team that came into the game out of school, not focused, and one that executed poorly on offense....

haywood was only able to score as a result of dburgs 2 offensive turnovers.... inside the trojans 25 yard line...... outside of those 2 scores on the 2 turnovers, the trojan defense shut haywood down.......

an offense, that when it had too, did a gut check and scored 15 points in 15 minutes.....

they did this not in one game, but two games, back to back...

gee whiz.....purple dude......that is a sign of a good team....... you know, kinda like the other trojans that pulled out a last second victory on saturday...

people should not use drugs and coacht at the same time......it really gets under my skin........

Edited by mg

now back to the topic...

unlike purple dude, i think that every team in region 7 3A is good....

and you better bring your A game every night or you will get beat....

so the same holds true for the trojans and the rebs of troy.....if dburg does not bring their "A" game, and if the rebs are fired up...then look out...cause they are capable of beating the trojans...

with that said, if dburg brings their "A" game, and executes, then it could be a long night for the rebs....

Dont get me wrong i think obion is good and plays hard...but do you not think that dyersburg know that this obion team beat covington ..so they are going to bring it...and obion will get smashed friday night...thats what i'm calling hate me for it if you want..but i'm usaually right bout these things...GO TROJANS :thumb:

Anyone that half way keeps up with high school football will tell you that Dyersburg is a very good football team, good speed, big, and very well coached. The Rebs know what they will face Friday night, and know that it will take a very focused effort to get a win vs the Trojans. But if OC can get the offense back on track, this will be an interesting game. Again, the Rebs have played very well at home this season, and the final two games vs D'burg, and Ripley, both Region games are a Troy. I think OC will come out fired up Friday night, then we will see where things end up. I expect a good game from both teams on Friday. Get to the game early, and support the Rebels.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!