Dyersburg At Obion Co

VOREBS

It's not whether you win or lose. IT'S HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME. Like looking polished and in control and dominating. I love a pretty win! And I didn't see that at the Dyersburg/Haywood game.

Pretty wins, what is this cheerleading! The Good UGLY wins are most times greater because it shows determination and heart! Any team can blow someone out, but not any team can do a gut check and take it to the house! Ugly wins determine in many cases whether a team is mediocre or great! If you like Pretty Wins be a cheerleading sponsor, because football is better when it is smashmouth - UGLY!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not the boys, but definitely the people on here. We can all make excuses and "if's". Maybe DHS being out of school WAS why they looked the way they did against Haywood. I was just expecting so much more with them being undefeated, but then look at their schedule early on. And then again, Dyer Co. didn't even score against Haywood, and that was when Haywood was working out their offense. They had a sophmore qb in for half the game. Dyer scored what against Dyersburg - 22 points? I said I was not impressed and I wasn't. I was surprised. I would like to see Dyersburg when all conditions are suitable. To see if they are worth the hype.

I guess Haywood could use the excuse that one of their best backs #11 was suspended. If they'd had him, they might have won. If,If, If, If,...........

Dyersburg played the way they did against Haywood because Haywood in my estimation is the best team I have seen in Region 7-3A so far this season....I don't know what the problem is with Haywood,coaching or discipline but they have the most talent on the field night in and night out in region play...

Pretty wins, what is this cheerleading! The Good UGLY wins are most times greater because it shows determination and heart! Any team can blow someone out, but not any team can do a gut check and take it to the house! Ugly wins determine in many cases whether a team is mediocre or great! If you like Pretty Wins be a cheerleading sponsor, because football is better when it is smashmouth - UGLY

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT A "PRETTY WIN" - Melrose and Haywood in the playoffs 2 years ago where you just sit there from the first play with your mouth open in awe of a bunch of kids you don't even know - the execution, the smoothness, the control, the confidence. Melrose was like a bunch of little robots programmed to know exactly what to do on every play. It wasn't UGLY. It was BEAUTIFUL!

Edited by Purpleheart

Would I settle for it? Yeah, would I be happy with it? Nah, it would speak volumes as to how good Haywood really is.

Haywood needs a couple of wins, whether they are pretty, ugly or what ever so they can make the playoffs, the second season as some call it. Theirs no doubt they have the talent to beat any team they have played so far. If they can put together four quarters of football it could get ugly, really ugly for the teams they play :lol:

If Dyersburg comes to Troy Friday night cocky and overconfident and takes the Rebels lightly they will return south with a loss and their number 1 ranking only a memory...The Rebels will play hard and won't be intimidated...

Don't warn them. Let them think what they want. The more they run us down, the better we play. lol

Don't warn them. Let them think what they want. The more they run us down, the better we play. lol

If you think Dyersburg is underestimating Obion, you are sadly mistaken! Dyersburg has heard everyone over the last 2 weeks say how overrated they are and that they got lucky the last 2 games and that people were not impressed with their team. Obion watch out because Dyersburg now, more than any other time, has something to prove! There will be no looking past Obion! There will be no over confidence! Look for straight up head knocking football from the Trojans Friday night! Be ware, they have something to prove. I think it will be a good football game.......... In the 1st half. My prediction is that Dyersburg will dominate the 2nd half like they have all year long!

If you think Dyersburg is underestimating Obion, you are sadly mistaken! Dyersburg has heard everyone over the last 2 weeks say how overrated they are and that they got lucky the last 2 games and that people were not impressed with their team. Obion watch out because Dyersburg now, more than any other time, has something to prove! There will be no looking past Obion! There will be no over confidence! Look for straight up head knocking football from the Trojans Friday night! Be ware, they have something to prove. I think it will be a good football game.......... In the 1st half. My prediction is that Dyersburg will dominate the 2nd half like they have all year long!

Good luck to OCCHS this week. For all you D'burg fans, there is a good article on your Head Football Coach today in the Jax Sun.

BEWARE!! The Rebels have something to prove too!

The Rebs do have something to prove. After last weeks effort, some are writing the Rebels chances off, I however would beg to differ. The Rebels have proven this season, that they are a pretty good football team, and are the team with the most on the line Friday night. The Rebels need this region win, more than D'burg does. Look for the Rebels to come out and go all out, which they will need to do to match up with a very good D'burg team. Here's looking for a good crowd, and a good game at Troy.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!