Dyersburg At Obion Co

VOREBS

Can you not read?VOREBS has called Dyersburg a good team in every post he's had.We have given the Trojans much respect in every post we've made.The difference in the game was turnovers.OC had 4, Dyersburg had 3.Dyersburg had 21 points off of OC turnovers and Dyersburg's last score came when the Rebels went for it on fourth down at their own 21 yard line.That's not an excuse,it's just plain fact.Once again,congratulations to Dyersburg on the win.I hope that's clear enough for you. :ph34r:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Dyersburg on their win.As I expected the Rebels gave the Trojans all they wanted but the turnover bug reared its ugly head and killed some good drives.As I've stated before,the Rebels are better than there 3-6 record.With Covington winning at Crockett,it makes it highly unlikely that we can get in the playoffs unless Dyer Co. upsets Covington and we beat Ripley.However,next year we will have 10 starters back on offense and 6 back on defense and have an excellent chance of being there come playoff time.

oc will be one of my pre-season top 4 picks next season.....

and i agree, oc is better than what their record shows.....they could have been 7-1 coming into the game with dburg.......

one game note.....i like the "deep shot gun" oc's qb threw out of.....he had the gun to the throw the ball, and when you put a qb that deep in the pocket, it is hard for the defense to get to him......that is something oc should continue to work on for next year cause it is tuff to defend.......

as far as the official getting hurt, i know that the player that hit him was very upset about it..........

That's great news that the ref is going to be okay.That was a very ugly situation and could've been alot worse.To mg,that was the first time that we've used the "deep shotgun" all year.We also used it once last year agaisnt Humboldt.The Rebels have been there own worst enemy all year long.Untimely turnovers have cost us several games.If we can get that straightend out by next year with all the starters we've got coming back,I think we'll be one of the top 4 teams in 7-3A.

First off...Dyersburg is a good,solid team....They will have to put 2 halves of football in the playoffs though to advance past the region 7-3A teams they will have to face in rematches after the first round Memphis cupcake...OC did play well in spurts against the Trojans..They can play with anyone...Again good teams don't make critical mistakes and costly turnovers..That's why Dyersburg is 9-0 and OC is 3-6..Dyersburg is opportunistic and makes teams pay for mistakes....As for my personal opinion,Haywood is still the best team I saw in Region 7-3A play....Dyersburg,I thought was better than Covington and then Crockett Co...If Haywood can get their discipline problem straightened out the next couple of weeks,they will be a hard out in the playoffs....Good Luck to the Region teams in the playoffs...

As for OC...I thought opening up the offense was a good decision..It allowed the run offense to work a little better...Around 380 yards total offense on the state's number 1 ranked team isn't all that bad...The defense is going to have to get better on the flanks..Ripley is next and you have got to go in the game at least thinking Dyer County could do the impossible and upset Covington...It's a stretch,I know,but you can't go in the game flat....It will be Senior Night and the 5 guys that have stuck through the program 4 years deserve praise as they have helped the program get better..Better times are on the horizon as the vast majority of this team is juniors,including all the line and all the skill position players...The defense will have to replace some players that really worked hard and came on after that Gibson County embarassment..Good Luck to seniors:Ian Davis #24,Josh Hart #13,Cody Richmond #20,Bryant Cruce #55 and Andrew Polinski #27....

First off...Dyersburg is a good,solid team....They will have to put 2 halves of football in the playoffs though to advance past the region 7-3A teams they will have to face in rematches after the first round Memphis cupcake...OC did play well in spurts against the Trojans..They can play with anyone...Again good teams don't make critical mistakes and costly turnovers..That's why Dyersburg is 9-0 and OC is 3-6..Dyersburg is opportunistic and makes teams pay for mistakes....As for my personal opinion,Haywood is still the best team I saw in Region 7-3A play....Dyersburg,I thought was better than Covington and then Crockett Co...If Haywood can get their discipline problem straightened out the next couple of weeks,they will be a hard out in the playoffs....Good Luck to the Region teams in the playoffs...

As for OC...I thought opening up the offense was a good decision..It allowed the run offense to work a little better...Around 380 yards total offense on the state's number 1 ranked team isn't all that bad...The defense is going to have to get better on the flanks..Ripley is next and you have got to go in the game at least thinking Dyer County could do the impossible and upset Covington...It's a stretch,I know,but you can't go in the game flat....It will be Senior Night and the 5 guys that have stuck through the program 4 years deserve praise as they have helped the program get better..Better times are on the horizon as the vast majority of this team is juniors,including all the line and all the skill position players...The defense will have to replace some players that really worked hard and came on after that Gibson County embarassment..Good Luck to seniors:Ian Davis #24,Josh Hart #13,Cody Richmond #20,Bryant Cruce #55 and Andrew Polinski #27....

backinthaoc...you are once again correct, the Rebs need to come into this not thinking, but counting on DC to upset Covington, because OC has to take care of their part. And the guys who will return will want to make what could be the last home game for theseniors a good one, and also to give them something positive to build on when the season does end. I look for a SOLID effort from the Rebs Friday night. Be there!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can say that I called it, at least how Dyersburg would play. I said it would be a game in the 1st half and that the 2nd half of the game Dyersburg would dominate and they did. I do think that Obion has a good team and I was highly impressed with their QB and running backs. I will have to say that for a very undersized Obion team, I was impressed! Great game Dyersburg, Great game Obion! You never gave up and it showed. You are still in the hunt after Covington loosing tonight. Win next week and you could be in (if my calculations are Correct!).

1) Dyersburg

2) Crockett County

3) Haywood, Covington or Obion

I appreciate your kind words and good luck to D-burg in the playoffs

looks like covington is #2, so long as they beat dyer cnty...

crockett and haywood will play for #3 and 4......

dburg came out flat in the first half and right on cue, played poorly....as oc led 12-7 at the end of 2 quarters....

second half, just like the last three weeks, dburg turns it on..........and score 21 points.....dburg had one other touchdown called back and had a 60 yard run by mitch eakin, who fumbled at the oc 4.....

dburg....i hope you boys are reading this....you have had 3 weeks of poor first half performances........it is time to get back to work

D-burg also scored w/ 1:55 left in the game after OC gave up the ball on about the 30 after going for 4th down.

Thanks I'll be back to watch yall kill em next year. Good luck to future players and train hard.