How Will The Artificial Turf At Finely Stadium Affect The Games?

champions5

There is no crown. Not sure on the width but it has alot of room on the sides. It shouldn't be any different than last year. They actually have a yellow line on the sides for soccer already. It is a permanent line.

This is not what girls play on for indoor. It is not a carpet. It is very similar to real grass.

I really don't think people will see a major difference. It will be interesting to see what people think.

It sounds alot like the Tusculum College indoor surface and that surface is fantastic. Turf increases speed of play. I hope to see Catholic's offense try it out.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no crown. Not sure on the width but it has alot of room on the sides. It shouldn't be any different than last year. They actually have a yellow line on the sides for soccer already. It is a permanent line.

This is not what girls play on for indoor. It is not a carpet. It is very similar to real grass.

I really don't think people will see a major difference. It will be interesting to see what people think.

If it is so similar to real grass, why dont the UTC girls play on it???

There was an article in the paper about that but I don't remember the reason. I don't think it had as much to do with turf as with wanting a place they didn't have to fight with other teams.

I think they wanted to play at the new fields at Dupont. I went to one UTC soccer game at Finley and there was about 20 people in the stands. It looked a little lonely.

There was an article in the paper about that but I don't remember the reason. I don't think it had as much to do with turf as with wanting a place they didn't have to fight with other teams.

I think they wanted to play at the new fields at Dupont. I went to one UTC soccer game at Finley and there was about 20 people in the stands. It looked a little lonely.

The new fields at Dupont are like rec fields. If I could choose from Dupont or Finley I know where I would be......FINLEY all the way.

Yeah, but there is something about playing in Finley that makes you feel like you are actually playing for something important. That is the one thing I didn't like about the fields in Memphis (up until the stadium field)... you felt like you were just at a club tournament. I never felt that at Finley.

I've played on the same kind of turf.

And let me tell you, it rules.

You can hardly tell it's fake. It's just like real grass, only really nice, short grass.

Will it affect teams? Maybe. The play is faster, that's for sure. But if your team can't handle fast play, they have no business winning a state title in the first place.