Oneida

franchise01

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, lets just say, its not all the players fault..I mean them new coachs aint soo good..this is the first year we aint in playoffs in over 20 years..this is our worast year. I mean Sunbright beat us ;) we always beat them.. Big mistake getin rid of Coach Henry and henry, and Coach may..BIG ONE B)

I don't know about all your coaches, but I can tell you one that is an outstanding coach, second to none, and thats Tony Lambert. With him on a staff, I can't believe that its coaching. Maybe your talent level is down a little, it happens everywhere.

I don't know about all your coaches, but I can tell you one that is an outstanding coach, second to none, and thats Tony Lambert. With him on a staff, I can't believe that its coaching. Maybe your talent level is down a little, it happens everywhere.

I know this...i promise i dont know anything about this team but i do know that its not the defensive coaches fault...he is the best defensive coach (sorry oskie) that i have ever played for....its has to be the talent or your offense just cant score... TL works hard at it and i know it isnt his fault....TL is you read this you and oskie should come watch my playoff games....just call ol chucky heartsook up and he will tell ya where we play

Well, lets just say, its not all the players fault..I mean them new coachs aint soo good..this is the first year we aint in playoffs in over 20 years..this is our worast year. I mean Sunbright beat us B) we always beat them.. Big mistake getin rid of Coach Henry and henry, and Coach may..BIG ONE B)

MR. FRANCHISE BIG COACH HENRY AND MAY WERE GOOD COACHES BUT, THE COACHES THEY HAVE KNOW ARE NOT BAD COACHES.TL IS FOR SURE NOT A BAD COACH.OUR PROBLEMS ARE ON THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL.IF YOU CANT SCORE YOU CANT WIN NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE D IS.OFFENSE IS A MIXTURE OF THINGS BLOCKING,CATCHING FOR SURE,FUMBLES,PENALTIES,PLAY CALLING,NOT ENOUGH GOOD PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME,MENTAL TOUGHNESS,AND HEART.IT IS NOT JUST ONE PERSON TO BLAME.95 AND 96 DID NOT GO TO PLAYOFFS IT HAS NOT BEEN A TWENTY YEAR STREAK.FRANCHISE I BELIEVE YOU NEED TO ORDER HUUKED OWN PHONIX YOU CANT SPELL JUST KIDDING.GO INDIANS JUST TWO GAMES LEFT YOU BETTER PLAY YOUR BUTTS OFF BECAUSE NEXT YEAR YOU SENIORS WILL BE STANDING AND WATCHING FROM THE FENCE AND IT stinks! B)

Hey Franchise. What do you see as being the biggest problems on this team right now? What are they doing or not doing that has contributed to a 3-5 record?

(And I am going somewhere with this. I'm just curious to see what you think first. B) )

Well I think the biggest problem, is the offence, If they had a good Qb, then we might do somthing, And the blockers, is all the time missin blocks..They are not bein coached good this year.

MR. FRANCHISE BIG COACH HENRY AND MAY WERE GOOD COACHES BUT, THE COACHES THEY HAVE KNOW ARE NOT BAD COACHES.TL IS FOR SURE NOT A BAD COACH.OUR PROBLEMS ARE ON THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL.IF YOU CANT SCORE YOU CANT WIN NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE D IS.OFFENSE IS A MIXTURE OF THINGS BLOCKING,CATCHING FOR SURE,FUMBLES,PENALTIES,PLAY CALLING,NOT ENOUGH GOOD PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME,MENTAL TOUGHNESS,AND HEART.IT IS NOT JUST ONE PERSON TO BLAME.95 AND 96 DID NOT GO TO PLAYOFFS IT HAS NOT BEEN A TWENTY YEAR STREAK.FRANCHISE I BELIEVE YOU NEED TO ORDER HUUKED OWN PHONIX YOU CANT SPELL JUST KIDDING.GO INDIANS JUST TWO GAMES LEFT YOU BETTER PLAY YOUR BUTTS OFF BECAUSE NEXT YEAR YOU SENIORS WILL BE STANDING AND WATCHING FROM THE FENCE AND IT stinks! B)

Well, your kinda right..But if your not coached right, then How can you score? The new coachs are teachin diffrent stuff, and the boy's aint use to it..But this is the worst year, since, that Kevin guy was Qb B)

Well I think the biggest problem, is the offence, If they had a good Qb, then we might do somthing, And the blockers, is all the time missin blocks..They are not bein coached good this year.

[/quote

You should have a pretty good quarterback in Zack Lambert. Although I heard that he did get roughed up this year. That often times will happen based on the offense that you are running. Of course too as the old saying goes, it isn't the x's and o's, it's the jimmy's and joe's. Zack could be one of those jimmy's if put in the right situation. I don't know much about the offense but defensively I know that TL is going to work hard to get a game plan together. There alot of teams that would love to have him, not only as their coordinator but as their head coach. So be careful what you are saying about your coaches or you may get to replace them before you know it.

Edited by futbolfan

Thanks Franchise. I was just curious as to what you thought was wrong.

I'll tell you what I think is wrong and why I think the criticism of the coaches is undeserved. First of all, the defense - as I think you agree - is not a problem. The defense has not played perfect this year, but it's played very, very good; well enough that Oneida hasn't lost any games because of its defense.

All of the problems point to the offense. And obviously there are plenty of problems with the offense. I think one of the biggest problems is the players having to learn a new system. You can't blame that on Coach Wampler or Coach Burchfield; it takes time. The other problems on offense are a lack of offensive line play, which I won't pretend to have an answer for, inability to catch the football and inability to hang onto the football. Zach Lambert is not a bad quarterback and I don't think it's fair to criticize him until the receivers step up and start doing their jobs. I've never seen a team that has as much problem catching the football as this team is having this season. It's hard to win in this region without the ability to spread the field with the pass. The defenses in Region 2-A are just too good to try and beat teams by being one-dimensional.

I reckon you can make a strong argument that receivers not being able to catch the football and runningbacks not being able to hang onto the football are the result of coaching. But you can't coach the inability to hang onto the football into a player overnight. These coaches have been with these players for six months. The offensive coordinator not that long. To teach them to drop five passes in a row or to fumble three or four times a game in that amount of time . . . well, they'd have to be miracle workers. These coaches are good. But they ain't THAT good!

I've already said it on another thread, but I'll say it again: This coaching staff is an outstanding coaching staff. But it takes time; it always takes time when you have a new coaching staff and a new system in place. Oneida football will be back very soon.

FRANCHISE I THINK YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE COUCH AND COME BACK OUT AND MAYBE YOU COULD PLAY QUATERBACK.ZACK LAMBERT IS A GOOD QUATERBACK BUT, HE DOESNT GET MUCH OF A CHANCE AS SOON AS HE GETS THE BALL THE WHOLE DEFENSE IS ON HIM HE CANT DO IT HIMSELF HE NEEDS A LITTLE BL0CKING :thumb:

Is OHs better then Shs..Well it use to be every year Oneida did outstanding then Scott high, But this year look at us..Were just as bad, as Shs..I mean they have hards teams.. We have easy teams, AND STILL LOSE..YOU KNOW IF oHS took on sHS makes me wounder if Oneida could win?..Its bad when the middle school does better then the highschool :(