Small Towns With Big Programs

flip96

Considering you only have ONE high school!!! Which is good, but you shouldn't try to single out what Greenbriercat2 was trying to say about Robertson County.

Way to go Greenbrier and JoByrns. Hopefully East will be with you. Springfield you still have a shot. White House Hertiage has come along way. We are pulling for you next year.

This was my point exactly. Hartsville is a little unique in that it is the only school system in the county.....

"small town..big program"

"more" with "less"

I didn't single out anybody - just wanted to make the distinction.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collinwood High School- Has never won a "Gold Ball", but has had 2 Mr. Football winners (Darrin Ward and Jonathan Ward), and one runner-up (Jake Lineville). With less than a thousand population, Collinwood has produced some great teams. Several trips to the semi's.Collinwood has had many exceptional atheletes over the years with no nearby city or large town to draw atheletes from. Just our own homegrown kids.

Collinwood is a "REAL" small town.

Blake Luker also was a Mr. Football winner in 2001.

Huntingdon should not even be used in the same sentence as Milan. Milan has been doing it for 30 years. Huntingdon has been solid for the last 10 or so years! Milan is by far the # 1 program in West Tennessee!

Huntingdon could be listed with Crockett Co and Covington!

but look at the number of students at huntingdon

• 2 weeks later...

As for Lewis County...

The program really turned around in 1975 with a bowl game, the first in 9 years and then their first state playoff team in 1976 and then again in 77.

With the arrival of Mike Pack in 1978, the program went to a new level. Undefeated regular seasons in 1979, 80 and 81....

Down period when he left in 1983 until Coach Sharp arrived in 1988. Made it to the state playoffs in his second year and have never looked back. I have the info downstairs but I believe that his teams have been to the playoffs every year but once since 1989. Two more undefeated seasons during that time frame and two 12 win seasons.

Pretty good tradition, pretty fair program over the past 30 years.

Playoffs 21-22 times

Bowls four times.

Five regular season undefeated teams.

Lots of distict and regional titles.

Never been to the big dance but future looks pretty promising.