Week 10 White House At Greenbrier

timbdp

I don't like to analyze games 'cause I consider it kinda dorky (plus, Catfish has us all covered on that - yeah, right!; well, at least he thinks he does; LOL!).

However, since tonight is SO special, I'd like to offer my 'analysis': It's gonna take a focused effort for the Bobcats (duh!). All 11 'cylinders' must be working every play. Troy, hold on to that football like the man that you are. Kyle, just do your thing. Be the team 'glue.' Justin, dude, you're my pick for the Ironman Award. Not taking anything away from the rest of this team, but you three MUST play smart and lead your team. You should thank and encourage your linemen ON EVERY PLAY! They do a thankless job and simply deserve to be appreciated. You get the ink, they deserve a pat on the back from you at the very least. Peer appreciation means more to individual players than you might think. Love each other, have each others' backs and you'll come away victorious...no doubt about it!

Thanks for a dream season...AGAIN! Back in the summer, when everybody was sayin' you couldn't or wouldn't be that good, you and the coaching staff didn't listen. You focused and now it's time to close it out. The opportunity is there. TAKE IT! God has blessed you with health, good weather, a TV audience and outstanding fan support (I'll bet) tonight. It don't get no better. If you win, you'll go down in history as the TEAM that ended the 'streak.' If you lose (and I HATE sayin' that word!), we still love ya! Good luck!

Go Cats! :thumb:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like to analyze games 'cause I consider it kinda dorky (plus, Catfish has us all covered on that - yeah, right!; well, at least he thinks he does; LOL!).

However, since tonight is SO special, I'd like to offer my 'analysis': It's gonna take a focused effort for the Bobcats (duh!). All 11 'cylinders' must be working every play. Troy, hold on to that football like the man that you are. Kyle, just do your thing. Be the team 'glue.' Justin, dude, you're my pick for the Ironman Award. Not taking anything away from the rest of this team, but you three MUST play smart and lead your team. You should thank and encourage your linemen ON EVERY PLAY! They do a thankless job and simply deserve to be appreciated. You get the ink, they deserve a pat on the back from you at the very least. Peer appreciation means more to individual players than you might think. Love each other, have each others' backs and you'll come away victorious...no doubt about it!

Thanks for a dream season...AGAIN! Back in the summer, when everybody was sayin' you couldn't or wouldn't be that good, you and the coaching staff didn't listen. You focused and now it's time to close it out. The opportunity is there. TAKE IT! God has blessed you with health, good weather, a TV audience and outstanding fan support (I'll bet) tonight. It don't get no better. If you win, you'll go down in history as the TEAM that ended the 'streak.' If you lose (and I HATE sayin' that word!), we still love ya! Good luck!

Go Cats! :thumb:

Great post 5SportDad, These ARE the guys that are going to do what many teams before them have fallen short on. Nothing taken away from those teams, but this season has been one that no one dreamed would happen after the Boro last season. These guys KNOW they can but they have to not slack on any play, and keep the momentum going. One thing's for sure, pretty much every ex-Greenbrier football player will be home from college to watch this one!

Go Green! Make it happen!!

Today's article from the Gallatin News Examiner:

http://www.gallatinnewsexaminer.com/apps/p...072/1311/MTCN04

Note as stated in this article, with Pearl Cohn beating Station Camp last night, White House can no longer take the region, and second is the best they can rank. Greenbrier MUST win :D

Edited by EZBeingGreen

One thing's for sure, pretty much every ex-Greenbrier football player will be home from college to watch this one!

...with Pearl Cohn beating Station Camp last night, White House can no longer take the region, and second is the best they can rank. Greenbrier MUST win.

I'd bet there will also be a lot of Dad's that wish they could go down there on the field and play in this game, too, from both sides ( B) ). What an atmosphere...what a rivalry...and what an opportunity. These don't come along too many times in life. But, when they do, you've got to reach out and take it!

Game of the Week? Heck, this is the game of the quarter century!

Go Cats! Enjoy this moment. You'll never forget it!

I'd bet there will also be a lot of Dad's that wish they could go down there on the field and play in this game, too, from both sides ( B) ). What an atmosphere...what a rivalry...and what an opportunity. These don't come along too many times in life. But, when they do, you've got to reach out and take it!

Game of the Week? Heck, this is the game of the quarter century!

Go Cats! Enjoy this moment. You'll never forget it!

I've always said Friday night football is the perfect end to a stressful work week. Where else can you stand amongst hundreds of people and scream your head off and still look "normal"?? B) Greenbrier fans, Get on your feet, clap your hands, lets be loud and proud! You can warm up later.

Edited by EZBeingGreen

Due to work travel, I hate it that I can't be at this game. I have to hear updates by phone and have been reading the online news. I am envious of each and every one of you that gets to sit in the stands tonight.

It has been my pleasure to get to watch the Bobcats play this season. Troy, Justin, Kyle, Dale and all the rest of the Cats have been amazing to watch and need to just get out there and finish this season off big. I believe you can do it. I can't wait to hear the updates. Keep this thing rolling.

Go Bobcats!

P.S. Hit em, #55!

My prediction:

Greenbrier 20

White House 14

Pre-game prayer:

Lord, thanks for letting this game happen. Thanks for the beautiful weather. Be with each team and each community represented, and bless the coaches, officials, fans and everyone involved in this celebration of a great rivalry. Lord, be with our military and armed forces around the world, but especially those engaged in eliminating evil. Bless their families as they are away. Thank You for bringing home those in these two communities that are with the 278th combat unit. Be with those that have lost loved ones in this war effort. Be with the leaders of our country and help them to seek You in everything they do and say. Thanks again for this great game of football. Help the players to always do their best. Thank You for allowing Jesus to die for us and please forgive us of our sins.

In Jesus' name we pray, Amen!

It's almost game time. I gotta go. Play ball!

Go Cats!

The STREAK is OOOOVVER! Great game. Too bad #44 for WH couldn't show the class of the rest of the team. Maybe Coach Porter will straighten him out before the next game. I know I would.

On a more positive note, congrats Cats!, especially the seniors. You've made history and you deserve it. Remember, you're 0-0 now. Time to enjoy this and then see how far you can go. It's all 'gravy' now.

You've made us proud in this little town. GREAT JOB!! :thumb:

You have got to be kidding about DCA, etc..... we deserve to see two towns....yes towns.. play each other in a great rivalry that goes way back.

I still like the GB defense for this one. If Ladd is on the loose...WH wins going away.

GB should hold on and win this one on their home field. I sure miss those old visitor bleachers at Greenbrier. A little trivia that most people aren't aware of....those bleachers were made from the remains of Noah's Ark.

I think Dill puts WH in a "pickle"....... and if GB wins then we know "Piggs can fly".....couldn't resist...sorry

I told you....no reflection on WH ..Dandy82... I got back in town to see the last QTR.

Too much Dill and Piggs...along with with a great supporting cast.

The stars were aligned this year for this one.

Good luck in the playoffs for both teams!!!!!!!!!!!!