Matches To Look Out For!

TheGreatLineJudge

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two to watch:

Knox Catholic sends a message in the first match of pool play beating this so called unbeatable East Ridge in 3. For those of you who have not seen this team they have a great setter, a strong middle in Lane, and an outside hitter named Wolf who is one of if not the best player in A/AA.

The second great match will be Knox Catholic vs Notre Dame in the finals. These 2 teams are way ahead of everybody, and know each other well. It will be a great match.

Believe in the IRISH!

You say they know each other well have they played each other if so what were the scores and do you have any more information on KC's strengths and weaknesses? Thanks

Edited by dougw

You say they know each other well have they played each other if so what were the scores and do you have any more information on KC's strengths and weaknesses? Thanks

Doug you are insightful...in dealing with this snraider guy always remember that hype and spin are common place. You are very perceptive anyone who promotes a team like ND, ER, or KC at this time of year, and leaves AC out of the mix is obviously creating a smoke screen of over confidence.

SNRaiderFan Posted on: Aug 21 2005 - 07:51 PM

East Ridge is the ONLY pick in small school. This division is over. They will not lose a game at State.

ER and Irish' stay grounded, play for the love of the game and never ever forget your smoke detector!

Edited by lets_roll

IF (and heavy on the 'if') this is indeed the finals, then I'm betting all my moon pies on... the Irish! :thumb:

GLJ, since I understand you keep up with DII in the Middle TN area and since there has not been much said about it. Who are some of the good teams and besides a great Taylor Parish, who are some of the great players?

well, for us newbies going to the boro the only advantage i see is knowing where the restrooms are... its still hardwood and a net... the players are the difference at this point... any coach worth his salt, at his point, should be able to prepare his players for any perceived "away" match

Don't change the venues but change the rotation. Instead of AAA playing at Siegel on Wednesday, have them play at MTSU or Blackman instead. It makes for a level playing field for everybody.

Edited by bruinfam

[quote name='TheGreatLineJudge' date='Oct 22 2005 - 12:43 AM'

WOW! Straight out of the box on Day 1, Session 1:

USJ/Loretto, East Ridge/Knox Catholic, ND/AC, 'Wood/G-town, HH/GPS, Ryan/SBA

I'm not sure that the HH/GPS match is going to be a "WOW", at least not in the sense that you imply. The others, pretty much so!

harris, glad you are on here. Would you please have the NATION sit very properly in their seats and very quietly observe the match, after school. You know school is still going on and you can't attend until after school. Bring your crying towels for CAT. He was the one bashing Siegel for their lack of talent next year so his agenda goes back some. Head games are fun but as it was said previously, the game is played with hardwood, a net, and a ball. The talent is so good at this tournament that emotion and will to win will be needed to win. Coaches have got a job ahead of them and it doesn't matter whether they are in their own bed or not, they will probably get little sleep.

He?

Anyway, in commenting on Siegel's returning talent, please look back to see that I had them ranked in the top 10 in the state. Are you guys just that good that top 10 is a slam? Aren't you losing a lot of seniors and a couple of players that are very good. One would think you may drop off a bit. Maybe I am just a pessimist.

As far as using Siegel as a venue for the state tournament, I do not have a problem with that. It would be a very simple fix. TSSAA could easily implement a rule that no team in the state tournament plays any games on their home court. Simply move the AAA Wednesday games to MTSU or Blackman? How hard is that?

Come on, now - you have to agree that I have a couple of good points here - even if you do think I'm just bashing Siegel - which I am not.

He?

Anyway, in commenting on Siegel's returning talent, please look back to see that I had them ranked in the top 10 in the state. Are you guys just that good that top 10 is a slam? Aren't you losing a lot of seniors and a couple of players that are very good. One would think you may drop off a bit. Maybe I am just a pessimist.

As far as using Siegel as a venue for the state tournament, I do not have a problem with that. It would be a very simple fix. TSSAA could easily implement a rule that no team in the state tournament plays any games on their home court. Simply move the AAA Wednesday games to MTSU or Blackman? How hard is that?

Come on, now - you have to agree that I have a couple of good points here - even if you do think I'm just bashing Siegel - which I am not.

You are right, any discussion now about futures is not productive. The season is not over and really what do they mean.

As Harris said, Those venue suggestions need to be taken up by those in TSSAA. What this really is about are the seedings later in the week. Really has nothing to do with anything else. Very likely its who you don't want to be paired with in the final 4. The last two days are in MTSU. Thats the important time unless this is a posturing situation for a certain team. Good Luck

Announcements