AAA.......Siegel.........MTSU

D II.......Blackman....Siegel

WOW! Straight out of the box on Day 1, Session 1:

USJ/Loretto, East Ridge/Knox Catholic, ND/AC, 'Wood/G-town, HH/GPS, Ryan/SBA

Day 1, Session 2:

Siegel/Sullivan South, 'Wood/Red Bank, HH/Ryan

Day 2, Session 3:

USJ/Knox Catholic, Red Bank/G-town, Siegel/Franklin, GPS/Ryan

What a treat for those first matches of the tournament!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that this is possible but I hope that the scheduling takes siegel's berth into the tournament into account and does not give them home court advantage.

It's bad enough that the state tournament is played at MTSU every year and some teams travel every year (NOT an advantage to be sure--nothing like home cooking and your own bed) but being able to play on your home court just isn't fair.

I don't know that this is possible but I hope that the scheduling takes siegel's berth into the tournament into account and does not give them home court advantage.

It's bad enough that the state tournament is played at MTSU every year and some teams travel every year (NOT an advantage to be sure--nothing like home cooking and your own bed) but being able to play on your home court just isn't fair.

I would have to agree. Seems like Siegel should not be able to play any matches on their home court throughout the state tournament.

I understand where you're coming from. TSSAA and TSSAA only makes the call on which school hosts what class each year.

If other facilities in Murfreesboro existed, aside from Siegel and Blackman, perhaps TSSAA would use those facilities to take the possibility of 'home court' advantage away. But don't you think that teams like Brentwood and GPS bring enough of a crowd to make their players feel like they're home? I watched Lipscomb and DCA bus in hundreds of students EACH last year. You don't think each felt like they had HCA, and at the same time felt the other team had HCA. It's not where you play, it's how much support you get and how much support came out for your opponent.

Siegel typically plays on their own full court, but with state, they'll have to play on a divided court- something they're not used to. Plus, remember that there's always the pressure of the state tournament and playing rather good teams that you've not seen all year.

Siegel and Blackman have outstanding facilities and nowhere else in the area, save for renting a huge arena in Nashville, is capable of hosting and doing as good a job.

I understand where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree. I think too many other factors come into play to cancel the 'home court' advantage.

well, for us newbies going to the boro the only advantage i see is knowing where the restrooms are... its still hardwood and a net... the players are the difference at this point... any coach worth his salt, at his point, should be able to prepare his players for any perceived "away" match

Edited by DaddyJuice

The tournament was kept at Siegel because of how good it was ran last year....same for Blackman. Dont fix it if it isn't broke.

Would u rather play at Riverdale and Oakland...HAH

harris, glad you are on here. Would you please have the NATION sit very properly in their seats and very quietly observe the match, after school. You know school is still going on and you can't attend until after school. Bring your crying towels for CAT. He was the one bashing Siegel for their lack of talent next year so his agenda goes back some. Head games are fun but as it was said previously, the game is played with hardwood, a net, and a ball. The talent is so good at this tournament that emotion and will to win will be needed to win. Coaches have got a job ahead of them and it doesn't matter whether they are in their own bed or not, they will probably get little sleep.

I see where you're coming from but siegel doesn't get to pick where they play. Since they've been open they have hosted the state tournament and they never know if they're going or not. Last year when they went they played some games at the school I believe. But none of the students were allowed to attend. They could not check out or come in late to school or they got in trouble. If it could be hosted at your school, wouldn't you want to play? Yeah.

I see where you're coming from but siegel doesn't get to pick where they play. Since they've been open they have hosted the state tournament and they never know if they're going or not. Last year when they went they played some games at the school I believe. But none of the students were allowed to attend. They could not check out or come in late to school or they got in trouble. If it could be hosted at your school, wouldn't you want to play? Yeah.

I don't know about all of this. I'm just going to attend to get one of those Famous Siegel loaded potatoes. Hope they have plenty. Great dish to go with about everything.

I'll be going to the matches during school this year....we tried to check out last year but they said no and that they would let us out if we made it to semi-finals. Tell ya what catuballer....I want you to call up Bob Baldridge and Trina Melton over at TSSAA office and demand they change it...if they agree cool..if not...pay your $5 and come watch Siegel play on their homecourt because theres nothing anyone can do about it. :thumb:

Two to watch:

Knox Catholic sends a message in the first match of pool play beating this so called unbeatable East Ridge in 3. For those of you who have not seen this team they have a great setter, a strong middle in Lane, and an outside hitter named Wolf who is one of if not the best player in A/AA.

The second great match will be Knox Catholic vs Notre Dame in the finals. These 2 teams are way ahead of everybody, and know each other well. It will be a great match.

Believe in the IRISH!

Announcements