Gallatin Vs Mcgavock

Gtowner

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on GWave..have a little faith! Hopefully we will be able to stop the speed around the ends & I don't think they will be able to run it up the middle. Gotta keep the ball away from Carter! I too am more concerned about the offense.

The good news is we only lost the handle on the ball three times against HHS & only lost 1 of those.

Hats off to Sadler for filling in the last 2 weeks! And how about Ben Miller!!! I love the intensity that he, Bell & Coward have!!

What's the word on McG's passing game?

Two years of aggravation ends Friday night at the Wave Yard!!

Big G by 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing people talk about is McGavock's offense, yet it is their defense that has won them a lot of games. Turnovers is a forte for this team, and in my opinion, the quickness of their D will be the deciding factor. Antioch beat McGavock by beating them up. Does Gallatin have the cahones to do that to this team. It will be close, but the Raiders win and send the Wave to Ravenwood next week.

This could be the dumbest post of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares what happened two years ago against a DIFFERENT team.

Just making the point that speed has always been what beats Gallatin and this will probably be the fastest team they've played this year...except maybe Wilson Central and you remember what happened to THIS gallatin team THIS year when faced with Wilson Central's speed.

Gallatin's power will help them on offense. Like nununu said, Antioch beat them by beating their defense up all night. From watching the AHS-McG game on TV, I thought McGavock's D-line was highly overrated. Antioch's O-line owned them, especially in the 2nd half and I don't think Antioch's O-line has really been a dominant line. Not to bag on Coach Tribue's son, but I thought he looked awfully soft. I didn't even think he was THEIR best D lineman, much less one of the best around. I think Gallatin can run right at them and be successful. I just don't think Gallatin has the speed to match them and I don't think homefield is THAT big a deal...this isn't the SEC. McGavock will bring a ton with them probably. (I never thought Gallatin was that hard a place to play when I was going up there). McGavock in a close one.

I am gonna go with Gallatin winning 28-21. I haven't been to all of the Green Wave's games this year (because I am away at school), but have been able to go to about half of them. The difference will be that Gallatin doesn't turn the ball over much (unlike Overton's 5 last week, including their first 4 possesions! wow!) and they don't commit a ton of penalties. Like I said, this is just what I have seen. Of course, every game I have been to has been a win this year. McGavock may have a lot of speed, but Gallatin can eat up a lot of clock. Which means McGavock's offense isn't on the field nearly as much. The Pit (why is everyone calling it "The Wave Yard"? lol) will be packed this Friday night. and that will also make more of a difference than some people think.

I am gonna go with Gallatin winning 28-21. I haven't been to all of the Green Wave's games this year (because I am away at school), but have been able to go to about half of them. The difference will be that Gallatin doesn't turn the ball over much (unlike Overton's 5 last week, including their first 4 possesions! wow!) and they don't commit a ton of penalties. Like I said, this is just what I have seen. Of course, every game I have been to has been a win this year. McGavock may have a lot of speed, but Gallatin can eat up a lot of clock. Which means McGavock's offense isn't on the field nearly as much. The Pit (why is everyone calling it "The Wave Yard"? lol) will be packed this Friday night. and that will also make more of a difference than some people think.

I thought Lincoln Co. was The Pit.

Yes they are. But so is Gallatin, that is what it has been called as long as I remember, and I was born and raised in Gallatin. As many high school stadiums as there are, there are probably more than just Gallatin and Lincoln Co. that have the same nickname. I have seriously never heard of "The Wave Yard" until I read it on here.

The key to Gallatin winning this game is the offense taking care of the ball. I would guess that we have the worst problem of putting the ball on the ground of all the teams in the region. We have recovered a bunch of those but they are still drive killers. Hendersonville was the most complete game we have played due to the smokestack I. Overton racked up points but it was mostly due to turnovers. Our defense will more than hold it's own Friday night but we better get some help from the offense. Look for McG to take to ball outside and take advantage of their speed. Wilson Central and Overton both had success with that speed sweep.

Heart says Gallatin

Head says McGavock

GreenWave by 1, (21 to 20 )

Is gonna be good atmosphere up there, I bet Gallatin is gonna shutdown the town and get their stadium packed up. Last year when they played at McGavock , the visitor stadium wasnt that impressive, i guess they didnt take us seriously B) . Hopefully McGavock is gonna bring a good crowd friday night. B)

Edited by guatetrojan

The key to Gallatin winning this game is the offense taking care of the ball. I would guess that we have the worst problem of putting the ball on the ground of all the teams in the region. We have recovered a bunch of those but they are still drive killers. Hendersonville was the most complete game we have played due to the smokestack I. Overton racked up points but it was mostly due to turnovers. Our defense will more than hold it's own Friday night but we better get some help from the offense. Look for McG to take to ball outside and take advantage of their speed. Wilson Central and Overton both had success with that speed sweep.

Heart says Gallatin

Head says McGavock

GreenWave by 1, (21 to 20 )

For me: Heart plays no part

Head says McGavock

Green Wave Stadium has been called the Pit mostly during the 80's and 90's. The Wave Yard from the 90's to present via Skip Sparkman. And the Hilltop back in the 50's and 60's. Personally I could care less. But it has always been known as a tough place to play. Now Lifer may not think so but the other 99% will disagree. While not as hard as it use to be it still ranks very high on almost everybody's list.

I hope for a good crowd as well. Metro schools traditionally do not bring many, maybe with the other schools playing Thursday and there being something on the line in this game tradition will be broken.

On another note, I wasn't impressed by Antioch at all when we played them. And if their line can whip McGavock up front than maybe we have a shot. I will take our linebackers speed any day of the week. But the game will be won or lost due to Gallatin's offensive woes or lack there of. Turnovers will tell the story of this game. And Gallatin has been giving out those presents all year long.