Sequatchie County @ Marion County

Bill#49

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion has played better as of late, however I just think Sequatchie should be able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I think Marion will be in this game til the last second.

Sequatchie 21

Marion 20

Good luck to both teams, stay healthy for the playoffs and represent our region well.

:rolleyes:

Sequatchie by 16??? Prolly not enough credit!!!! :D Oh yeah hey mcroadwarrior SCHS by however bad they wanna make you look... :thumb:

Thanks for the vote TENallstate. If you would have picked us I would have been worried. You are the same one who said I didn't know what I was saying when I predicted Whitwell would lose to Lookout Valley by 6 because they would be down after the loss to Marion. You said "Should be a good game to start off, but i see Whitwell pulling away around the second quarter." What was the score? Whitwell 14 Lookout Valley 20. Thanks again for not picking Marion to win!

I believe this will be a close game, at least on paper it looks close. And if it is, I think Marion will pull it out! But if the Indians win, I will be the first to congratulate them.

Go Warriors!!! :D

Does that mean that you think our region #3 and #4 teams are that much better than your region #3 and #4 teams? I know that we beat Upperman, who'll be either #3 or #4 but I having only seen them the one time, I don't know if they were having an off game or not. I haven't kept up with the other teams in your region.

If things play out like they are supposed too (meaning the #1's and #2's win) how will Smith County and Westmoreland match up with Boyd and Tyner?

Upperman is a young team that will be much better in a year or two. They have a new coaching staff...which I think will get the job done. You have to know...after seeing them...they have very little chance to compete with Tyner. YAI is much tougher at home. They did...however...lose at home to Bledsoe early in the season. I don't think either will beat Tyner or Boyd. Westmoreland won at Sequatchie 8-0. I think both of those teams probably didn't play their best that night with big region games the next week. If they play again...at Westmoreland(a big if)...that should be a very close game again. I think Westmoreland is a dangerous playoff team.

Either Marion or Sequatchie at Smith County should be a good matchup too. Smith County has improved every game...and seems to be peaking at the right time.

The 2nd round games will be good ones whomever makes it.

Tyner...right now...is the team to beat. After the 1st round...we should have a better idea who will challenge them.

Marion wins 34-26, Sequatchie made it to the 5 yard line on the last play of the game. Seq could not consistently stop Kinsey, Marion made some good stops when they had to. I was disappointed again with the refs, and if anybody wants to call it excuses go for it, but these are facts-with around 2:30 left Marion clearly scored on a QB sneak, and the refs let between 25 to 30 seconds run off the clock while deciding if he was over the line or not (he was, no doubt about it). That was poor, and it came back to haunt Seq, 5 yards away from a score at the end when time ran out. The ref explained "Coach, we had to figure out if he was over or not" but when you're in a conference the time should be stopped. Poor. Sequatchie also lost a timeout in the second half when the head ref came over to the sideline to explain a pass interference call (when the ball was 5 yards out of bounds and it was called on an interior lineman, evidently) and the ref charged Sequatchie with a timeout for going over to the sideline to explain it. Never have seen that. Again, Kinsey's running was the difference regardless of what I thought about the refs, and just because they might have had more time doesn't automatically mean Seq would have scored, or made the 2 point conversion to tie. Marion kept Seq's offense off the field long enough, mainly with Kinsey running and chewing up the clock. Outstanding back, hope colleges don't discount him just because of his size, he looks really, really strong and looks quick enough to play at some level. Bureau had about 150 passing and 150 rushing for Sequatchie, 2 TD passes and 1 running, Seq also had a kickoff return for a touchdown by Bud Christy, he caught both TD passes.

Edited by Indian

Sequatchie by 16??? Prolly not enough credit!!!! :D Oh yeah hey mcroadwarrior SCHS by however bad they wanna make you look... :o

Hey TENallState, Looks like you were wrong again. Way to never give up Warriors! Sequatchie Valley Champions!!!!!

Indians, I was very impressed with your team and the way you threw the football. I believe you have the ability to beat Smith County. Good Luck in the Playoffs!!!!!