Hillwood

hillwoodtopper55

What? 2002--6-5 Bellevue Exchange Bowl Champs

2003--9-2 Region runner-up to State Champ Hillsboro

2004--12-1 Region Champ--3rd Round of state playoffs. Best year ever.

I think that qualifies as the "last few years". Other than a couple of decent years in the mid to late 70's, no other period in school history even comes close. Sorry guy, but Hillwood has never been a powerhouse. Well, they were the state baseball champs...........................in 1977.

As far as Coach Link, I agree kids either love him or hate him. No different than any other coach I've ever known. I do know that very few coaches do as much behind the scenes for his kids as Coach Link does.

i know all about what hillwood has done in the past few years, but after one class leaves the go from 12-1 to 1- and something, that should never happen due to just one class leaving, i know it was a good class with dean, devan, porter and others,but that is just because of bad coaching, and with this loaded senior class they should have been able to do more(as freshman they had the most successful freshman team ever in hillwood history), but the season is over for them now and most of them won't play football for a team again...

as a far as your other post earlier about the guy with 1000 points, that is just one of many stories i have heard of that, my old wrestling coach played for stratford i think , and his mom never came to any of his football games and wrestling matches except his last football game,its sad to see stuff like that happen

thats what seperates metro with alot of other areas in the state, parent involvement

Edited by 119wrestler

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic