State Tournament Contest

TheGreatLineJudge

*Most people called for ER to defeat Loretto in 3 for the A-AA bonus. ER in 4.

*4/5 players chose GPS over SBA in 3. Wow.

ComPassion in the lead, but PageMan isn't far behind.

*FYI, biggest pool play spreads overall- Sullivan South and AC (30), ND (29), Baylor (28), Hutchison (27)

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I yield to ComPassion as only a miracle could give me many more points. I know that several teams I picked for the final four are out and not checking who would play who in the brackets has also hurt my chances. I don't really care that much as I like my cookies better than moonpies.

I would guess that ComPassion probably won since I made some stupid match-ups since I didn't do a match-by-match analysis as he did. I'm pretty sure we both only got one champion, East Ridge. He probably also did better with the bonus picks as well. It would be interesting to see how many points each picker got, however.

ComPassion wins, barely.

ComPassion.................................................64

PageMan......................................................59

BruiserEngineer............................................49

VBDaddy78..................................................44

Cowboys Up.................................................44

TGLJ (if mine counted.. and no +10 for me).....56

ComPassion wins the title/sticker "2005 Virtuoso of Volleyball" and 5 moon pies.

PageMan will get something too- "2005 CoachT.com Volleyball Board MVP"

Because that's what he is!

Thanks to everyone for playing.

ComPassion wins, barely.

ComPassion wins the title/sticker "2005 Virtuoso of Volleyball" and 5 moon pies.

Congratulations Compassion were now changing your name to Virtuoso or how about V.V.!!!! :D

Edited by dougw

ComPassion wins, barely.

Congrats CP! But I have to admit, I think this should be more of a Top Ten. Let's let everyone vote on "who" we think should be ranked first, forget about the actual results!!

Congrats CP! But I have to admit, I think this should be more of a Top Ten. Let's let everyone vote on "who" we think should be ranked first, forget about the actual results!!

So here's my votes / rankings:

#1 PageMan because he's the only one that truly knows all of the scores!

#2 Cowboys Up because she is such a nice lady and I enjoy reading her posts.

#3 TGLJ (if he can be ranked / just ignore if not eligible) becasue he does a great job of monitoring this site. Considered dropping him down further because he's an official but decided they took enough heat at state.

#4 BruiserEngineer because he thought he had it early and plus he's from GPS!

#5 CP because even though he had the most points, its not just how you do in the tourney but your results for the entire season.

#6 VballDaddy because I know him better than any of the rest and he really didn't give it his best effort and he doesn't think these polls mean much anyway.

So here's my votes / rankings:

#1 PageMan because he's the only one that truly knows all of the scores!

#2 Cowboys Up because she is such a nice lady and I enjoy reading her posts.

#3 TGLJ (if he can be ranked / just ignore if not eligible) becasue he does a great job of monitoring this site. Considered dropping him down further because he's an official but decided they took enough heat at state.

#4 BruiserEngineer because he thought he had it early and plus he's from GPS!

#5 CP because even though he had the most points, its not just how you do in the tourney but your results for the entire season.

#6 VballDaddy because I know him better than any of the rest and he really didn't give it his best effort and he doesn't think these polls mean much anyway.

You're very sweet to compliment me and put me at #2 behind "The Man", but my picks really just stunk this year. There were many surprises that I didn't anticipate.

Congratulations to ComPassion! Nice job!

To all the posters here that I actually got to meet in person - it was my pleasure to meet you!

And finally, congratulations to all the girls that played hard, tried their best, laughed and cried with teammates, and had fun this season. I enjoyed watching every team we played this year in one way or another.

To all the posters here that I actually got to meet in person - it was my pleasure to meet you!

I want to second that! I got to meet a few of our posters this year and it has definitely been my pleasure. And CU, you know me, you may not know you do but you do AND thanks for lending me that pencil during the scorekeeper's clinic :ph34r:

P4K

I want to second that! I got to meet a few of our posters this year and it has definitely been my pleasure. And CU, you know me, you may not know you do but you do AND thanks for lending me that pencil during the scorekeeper's clinic :ph34r:

P4K

I know you, but you may not know that I know you and you know me...whew...

You're so welcome for the pencil thing and it was fun talking to you!

Edited by Cowboys Up

Announcements