Freshman Championship

cherokee#1fan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: LISTEN HERE BIGDUCKY FIRST OF ALL THE COACH AT MCMINN DID NOT RUN UP THE SCORE ON BRADLEY. THE 2ND AND 3RD STRING WAS IN THE GAME BY THE 2ND QUARTER AND PLAYED THE WHOLE 2ND HALF. SO YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT NOW DO YOU. 2ND THE REASON THAT MCMINN DID NOT PLAY HERITAGE IS BECAUSE THEY CANCELED BEFORE THE YEAR STARTED. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING. 3RD WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD HAVE CAME UP WITH A REGION CHAMIONSHIP IF THE REGION GAMES YOU PLAYED DIDN'T MATTER. I AGREE THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME SORT OF BI-LAWS SET UP NEXT IN CASE OF TIES. :ph34r:

WHY HAVE THE FRESHMAN TEAMS NEVER PLAYED AN ENTIRE REGION SCHEDULE IN THE PAST? THERE WOULD BE NO REASON FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IF WE ALL PLAYED EACH OTHER. LIKE I SAID EARLIER THE CHAMPIOSHIP GAME WAS SET UP SO THE BEST NORTHERN TEAM COULD PLAY THE BEST SOUTHERN TEAM ON A SATURDAY AT A CENTRAL LOCATION. I AM SURE HERITAGE CANCELLED BECAUSE THEY DID NOT OR COULD NOT JUSTFY TRAVELING OVER TWO HOURS ONE WAY TO PLAY A FRESHMAN FOOTBALL GAME ON A SCHOOL NIGHT. DOESN'T MATTER NOW OUR COACH GOT TIRED OF TRYING TO WORK SOMETHING REASONABLE OUT WITH YOURS YESTERDAY. IT STINKS FOR OUR KIDS! THE MCMINN FANS NEED SOMETHING POSITIVE TO HAPPEN IN FOOTBALL AT SOME LEVEL, AFTER THE SEASON THE VARSITY HAS HAD. KEEP YOUR HEADS UP MAYBE THIS FRESHMAN TEAM WILL BRING THE WINNING TRADITION BACK TO MCMINN. :thumb:

I'm sorry but both of you are wrong, ooltewah, soddy, and mcminn all had the same region record at 2-1 yes but it came down to who had the best overall record, and mcminn won because they had a 6-2 record and ooltewah did not because they had a 6-3 record, but from what i hear mcminn played all freshman teams and got the wins, and ooltewah played i think 4-5 jv teams against sophomores and even juniors sometimes, and got the lose in two of those!! but im pretty sure you put mcminn against the teams that ooltewah played and mcminn gets beat worse than ooltewah did!!! but for the first time ever i think i will say this...... go oak ridge... maybe then you will see who should have been in the championship game against them!!!

This is probably the most accurate. I talked to the coach and they did play a strong JV schedule... only 3-4 teams were 9th grade teams. Lost to the two JV programs by two pionts each. Then lost to Soddy on Monday. Heard that two touchdowns were called back because of penalties. Can't make mistakes and win.

:) Excuse me but McMinn drilled Oak Ridge 30-20 this year so we already know who should be playing them Saturday. McMinn played every team in the region and was 5-1 in the region not 2-1 that is why they are in the championship!!!! I wish McMinn could play Ooltewah now instead of the first game of the season!!!!!!

well from what i can remember i think you only play 3 region games like bigducky said, and the was against the southern teams of the region, your not in the championship game because you were 5-1 against the region, no you were 2-1 in the games that actual region games that counted and i'm sure if you put ooltewah up against the teams that you'll played (freshman) that ooltewah would win too, but you put mcminn up against the teams that ooltewah played (sophomores and juniors) i dont think mcminn would win!! if ooltewah were to play mcminn again i think it would be the same outcome, just a lil worse!!! but why are we sitting here griping over it?? let mcminn have something special to say about there freshman team since.... well they can't say nothing about their varsity program!!! Go Oak Ridge!

Someone explain to me why Ooltewah freshmen are playing other schools JVs? I know the other schools have freshmen teams b/c McMinn played them and won. Don't talk logistics. If Ooltewah doesn't want to travel to the northern schools to play and vice versa, that's their choice. Why should McMinn be punished? This entire thread is ridiculous. How can there even be an argument as to who is supposed to represent the southern region. You would have to be a complete fool to think McMinn didn't deserve to be in the championship game. McMinn has played SIX region games. The southern teams aren't the only ones that matter. McMinn's freshmen have played twice the region games that Ooltewah and Soddy have played and have only 1 loss. Let McMinn have this moment b/c they've earned it. This has nothing to do with varsity teams.

well from what i can remember i think you only play 3 region games like bigducky said, and the was against the southern teams of the region, your not in the championship game because you were 5-1 against the region, no you were 2-1 in the games that actual region games that counted and i'm sure if you put ooltewah up against the teams that you'll played (freshman) that ooltewah would win too, but you put mcminn up against the teams that ooltewah played (sophomores and juniors) i dont think mcminn would win!! if ooltewah were to play mcminn again i think it would be the same outcome, just a lil worse!!! but why are we sitting here griping over it?? let mcminn have something special to say about there freshman team since.... well they can't say nothing about their varsity program!!! Go Oak Ridge!

I don't even know what you just said.

Someone explain to me why Ooltewah freshmen are playing other schools JVs? I know the other schools have freshmen teams b/c McMinn played them and won. Don't talk logistics. If Ooltewah doesn't want to travel to the northern schools to play and vice versa, that's their choice. Why should McMinn be punished? This entire thread is ridiculous. How can there even be an argument as to who is supposed to represent the southern region. You would have to be a complete fool to think McMinn didn't deserve to be in the championship game. McMinn has played SIX region games. The southern teams aren't the only ones that matter. McMinn's freshmen have played twice the region games that Ooltewah and Soddy have played and have only 1 loss. Let McMinn have this moment b/c they've earned it. This has nothing to do with varsity teams.

I have explained it. Go back and read it. The problem is no tie breaking criteria was written down before all this happened. Again all the games that matter are the three previously mentioned. Example: If McMinn played the exact same schedule next year as they did this year and lost every game on their schedule except Bradley, Ooltewah and Soddy. McMinn would go to the Championship game. That is the way the Championship was set-up in the beginning.

McMinn sees the best way for themselves, Ooltewah sees it the best way for themselves and Soddy sees it the best way for themselves. They could and have all come up with a senerio that justifies their own case. Like I said earlier, their will be criteria before the first game is played next year, not trying to figure it out after all the games were played like this year. Enjoy the game Saturday. :thumb:

Central, Gordon Lee, Walker Valley, Sweatwater, and McMinn Central were the JV's. Bradley, McMinn, Cleveland, Soddy were the freshman teams, I think. Cleveland was the best freshman team we played, McMinn was probably the second best freshman team we played. Cleveland's freshman team was really strong, I think they beat your freshman team also.