3a Who Will Go To The Championship From West Tn?

Laser Rex

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg....either them or Lexington

........................................................................................................................ to sum it up all the west tn teams face a tough road ahead of them..think about the fact that region 7/3aaa dyersburg,covington,crockett,haywood have all played very competitively against 1 another all year then throw in the teams from 8/3aaa trezevant and mtichell that are as good as our top 4 teams..note dyersburg and covington should not take frayser and sheffield lightly or they"ll be home after round 1.. it will be very interesting to see how this shakes out..the Trojans will have a Bulleyes on them all the way thru the first 3 rounds...in the region 5/3aaa/ region6/3aaa lexington,liberty,jackson s..s.,fayette-ware will all play teams of their calibator in david lipscomb,cheatham, creekwood, giles/marshall county..lipscomb should have the easiest round 1 game..so they will be very rested for round 2 game..it will be a hard road to hoe for all of our west tn teams..LETS GO GET"UM" REGION7/3AAA; REGION6/3AAA..we want a team from west tn to get the GOLD BALLi...its a new seasonTROJANS..one at a time Golden Trojans.. keep up the good work BLACK WATCH "D" and "GOLDEN "O"you"ll have to pick it up to the next level!..GO TROJANS :)

that is very true... but Marshall County isn't the same team they were a year ago!!!

That is true. They aren't the same team and neither is Lexington. As good as Cedric Fields was last year, you got arguably the best backfield in West Tennessee this year and must to the suprise of alot of folks we have a quarterback who can throw the ball. 20 for 24 for 246. We are coming to stay in the playoffs this year!

Your statement is somewhat true but not entirely. Lexington may have to open with the same Marshall Co. team that beat them in the opening round of the playoffs a year ago. After that David Lipscomb, Cheatham, Creek Wood, Liberty, and Southside are all possible outs for the Big Red Tigers and anyone would tell you that.

Lexington is big up front with some oustanding backs (especially Buckley) but we are talking about a team that has been gone after the first round the past three years (Greenbrier in '02, Page in '03, and Marshall in '04).

Yes I did say Lexington has the best shot because I do think Dyersburg will have a tough road to go beating teams like Haywood, Crockett, and Covington potentially twice in one season (not to mention Mitchell and Trezevant) but their is no way that Lexington's road to a potentail state title won't be a difficult one :rolleyes:

South Side beat Lexington up pretty good in week 10 last year (Buckley took one of the hardest hits I have ever seen in high school football on a sweep). I think there were still some ripple effects a week later. Plus, Lord only knew which MC team was going to show up last year.

Well honestly i think that lexington will be the class3a team from west tn goin to the championship this year. those boys have the determination that it takes to get there. yes i agree they have struggled these past few years gettin past the lst round of the playoffs but these are a whole different crew of boys this year. yes there are some seniors on the team but i mean that they have a whole different attitude towards the game this year. they are playin as a team and most of all as brothers!! they are not winning these games for the satisfaction of theirselves but for the satisfaction of everyone. they will be prepared and ready for the long time rivalry against jackson-southside this friday. they know what they have to do and they are prepared to fight to the very end. we have some excellent football players in our program this year. the whole town is excited about our new title as the region champs but we are not gonna take it to our heads. we are gonna stand humble and continue playin the football that we know how. so i encourage everybody to come out friday for the game because it is goin to be a very good game. this will be the next LHS vs. Hardin Co. game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!!!