Will Mcminn Central Rule The New Discrtict 5

fallguy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn Central lost nicholo and bledsoe from last years state playoff team, but I don't think that they are such big losses to the team that the up coming junior and sophomores can't fill their shoes if not be an improvement. That's not to mention a very good group of incoming freshmen. The freshmen won't get to contribute on the varsity level this year, but they are coming. Varsity wise, Beau Brown is an offensive machine. I am yet to see anyone really stop him. I wish he would play defence as good, but he get's the job done I guess. Blake Derrick is the hardest working player on the team. You forget he's there and at the end of the game, he's shut his man down defensively and added 20-25 points.

In short. McMinn Central will be in the state again unless they stop themselves. They are better this year then last.

• 2 weeks later...

Central - should rule with good depth

Sequoyah - won't be as good defesively

Meigs - should have some size

Tellico - better but too small

Polk - better, but how much

Sweetwater - better but still at the bottom of the pack.

Brainerd - History says they will be contender

Tyner - ???

Boyd - ???

Are there any surprises coming from Tyner or Boyd?

Central - should rule with good depth

Sequoyah - won't be as good defesively

Meigs - should have some size

Tellico - better but too small

Polk - better, but how much

Sweetwater - better but still at the bottom of the pack.

Brainerd - History says they will be contender

Tyner - ???

Boyd - ???

Are there any surprises coming from Tyner or Boyd?

i watched sequoyah play in a preseason thingy...and they are just as good on defense

Edited by sqhs15

Pretty good assessment. After the first night of the jamboree on Monday, my mind has not really been changed. I still believe it will be McMinn Central followed by Brainerd, Sequoyah, Tyner, Polk County, Meigs County, Tellico Plains, Sweetwater and BBS.

As for surprises, Tyner has had one of the best JV squads in Hamilton County the last couple of years. They will be talented and dangerous.

No real surprises from Boyd-Buchanan. They have good tradition in class A but they have been behind Temple and Grace (no real disgrace) the last two-three years in district 5A. They finished 15-17 overall last year (including Hall of Champions games) with 6 losses coming by 5 points or less. They are the "new kids on the block" and must prove themselves this season.

Just my humble opinion.

So Boyd got moved into a new region in basketball too? I was not aware of that. Either way McMinn Central will win this region led by Beau Brown. He cant be stopped. And last year i dont remember who said it, Central didnt make it to state. They lost first round of region tournament to CSAS, but Beau got his hitting 9 3's i believe and puttin up 40.

I think that Polk County will be pretty good this year. They have all the weapons for a great team.

Weapons? Light Saber? Pocket Knife? Fishing Rod? No weapon on Earth would lead Polk to a District 5-AA Championship.

Oh, as Steve Perry said "Don't Stop Believin, Hold On To That Feelin"

Man, that's an awful song, and he is really ugly.

So Boyd got moved into a new region in basketball too? I was not aware of that. Either way McMinn Central will win this region led by Beau Brown. He cant be stopped. And last year i dont remember who said it, Central didnt make it to state. They lost first round of region tournament to CSAS, but Beau got his hitting 9 3's i believe and puttin up 40.

who cares if he got is??? I don't consider it to be "gettin his" if the team didn't win and advance to state. Basketball is a team game and i'm sure that a trip to state means more to him than scoring 40