Phil Weatherford Is The Best Shooting Guard In The Nation

aj rodriguez

Willie Kemp even said that we looked good on tape. I believe the nerves got to our shots. There's no doubt that they were better than us. But we are a good shooting team, we just didn't make shots that day. Maybe a return and we could fair better?

Bolivar beat you 81 - 46 and played their JV the whole 2nd half. It was around 52 - 16 at halftime if I remember right. I don't think a return will help much.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the good folks from Sullivan Central will get tired of living out their fantasies on coacht one day. Watching the Bolivar game last year, I wondered where all the "best players in the state" were, and I realized there is just not a whole lot to do in Blountville besides put unattainable expectations on some hard working high school athletes.....I think Sullivan Central will be pretty good this year, but let's let the season unfold before we crown them state champions and D-1 prospects. The "Love Fests" ended for a reason in the 60's........Good luck with your season.....

Wofford was recruiting both Phil and Gabe at one time. I know they are not real powerhouses in college basketball but they are in the Southern Conference. Bolivar was the best team in the state last year, maybe one of the better in the country. If it was another team I would have been pretty dissapointed but I wasn't too impressed by too many other teams besides them, Raleigh Egypt, and Jackson North Side.

Weatherford and Gabe are both good ball players but Gabe has a attitude problem on the court if someone plays tuff D on him he looses it and Weatherford is soft, thats why he shoots the ball outside. Central lost their best player jesse lane in football due to a knee injury, and just because you get a letter dont meen that the school wants you to play for them. it just meens that your coach told them about you. i know from experence.

Weatherford and Gabe are both good ball players but Gabe has a attitude problem on the court if someone plays tuff D on him he looses it and Weatherford is soft, thats why he shoots the ball outside. Central lost their best player jesse lane in football due to a knee injury, and just because you get a letter dont meen that the school wants you to play for them. it just meens that your coach told them about you. i know from experence.

Jesse Lane is an awesome athlete, but he is not the best on the team for basketball. I'd put Buchanan, Weatherford and Hess before Jesse. Don't get me wrong, he is an excellent baller, but football is his big sport. He was best on the team for football no doubt.

Phil Weatherford is a Senior, he goes to Sullivan Central and he's a guard for you who was asking.

• 3 weeks later...

I also saw the Bolivar game last year and i wasnt impressed at all. Last Sat. i went and saw them play in a scrimmage against William Blount and he played against our back ups and had like 2 or 4 points and 3 Airballs in a row one of them on a layup he clanged against the backboard. The other kid was the shooter i believe he wears 24 he can fill it up. So as for the best in the naton you would have to be the best on your team first wouldnt you?

I also saw the Bolivar game last year and i wasnt impressed at all. Last Sat. i went and saw them play in a scrimmage against William Blount and he played against our back ups and had like 2 or 4 points and 3 Airballs in a row one of them on a layup he clanged against the backboard. The other kid was the shooter i believe he wears 24 he can fill it up. So as for the best in the naton you would have to be the best on your team first wouldnt you?

I'm not sure who you were looking at but Weatherford wears #24 jersey. Please dont comment on what you know absolutely nothing about.

Phil is money from three point land IF he’s open. He doesn’t shoot well in traffic which is why 75% of his shots will be from the three point line. SOFT …. Maybe not the word that I would use but he’s defiantly not a guard that’s going to put the ball on the floor and take it strong to the basket. And this will limit his effectiveness against teams that have the athletes to play the Cougars straight up man to man (South, Science Hill, DB, THS).