Gomab Player Rankings?

redandwhiteforever

Fatchance, we all understand your point. You don't think Gomabs rankings are fair for certain reasons. I doubt that a single person on here arguing with you is enamored with him, we just appreciate the hard work and dedication he puts into his rankings. Thats where his job and not getting enough sleep come into the picture. He makes these sacrifices so that all of us can enjoy looking at them. And as for the biases you have stated:

1. Gomab lives right smack dab in the middle of Tennessee in Nashville so the only reason he might rank west higher than east is because they actually are better, not because he's seen them more, because if that was the case, the top 20 would be from middle tennessee

2. Of course he ranks his players higher than most of the other players in the state who aren't his players, he finds the best. He watches so many games throughout the year and hears things from others that he knows who the top players in the state are and since he has the top AAU team in TN, he's gonna have alot of the top players on his team. Heck, his team came in 4th in the nation this year, I imagine his players are decent enough to make it high in the rankings. Its just a vicious circle, the best players find the best team, the best team finds the best players, and the coach of that team ranks those best players high the next year. Then those players go back to that same best team and the circle continues. And just so you know, at the top of his list this year you'll probably find 4 players that didn't play for him this past year: Thaddeus Young, Brandan Wright, Willie Kemp, and Wayne Chism; so obviously he can't get all the best but he doesn't short anybody out just because they didn't play for him.

3. Do you know of many other camps put on in TN. I can't think of more than a couple and even if there are, they don't attract the calibur of players gomabs does. I would know, I've been to three of his and another couple of other ones. Of course he's gonna rank the guys that come to his camps higher because most of the best players in the state try to make it to his camp because they know he does a great job of sending the stats to recruiting services and colleges and he helps get their names out there.

4. Single A basketball may have some great players, but the fact is they don't play the same strength of schedule as AA and AAA do day in and day out. When the players he has listed at the top who are in AA and AAA put up very good numbers against good competition and the ones who are lower on the list but from single A put up the same numbers against mediocre competetion, the rankings are gonna stay the same.

I do respect your opinion but I just think you're looking at the situation the wrong way. Try to enjoy the rankings for what they are and don't read into them too much.

Edited by catsbball1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cat, you totally stole my thunder on every point. The bottom line for all of this is AAU. All of the best players play. When Gomab's team won the state this year, it was the first time in over a decade it wasn't won by someone from Memphis. That is where the best players are. If you could see the substates in the other areas compared with the substates in Nashville and Memphis, there is no comparison. Trust me, my team won one of the other ones and barely won a game at state. Single A just doesn't have the night in-night out competition of AAA or AA in west TN. Go see some games.

BTW, fatty, don't assume what you don't know. It seems odd to me that someone over 50 (what you would have to be to be mine and Gomab's big papi) is so fired up. I think my guess was right, you have had a kid or grandkid (if you're so old) slighted. Also, there is no way you know anyone who knows TN basketball STATEWIDE like Gomab.

Thanks for the replys Cats and Eagle. I was going to get on here to reply to some very ignorant statements by fatchance, but Cats beat me to it. The only other thing I will say is that no, I don't have a Class A bias. In 05, I had two kids from Class A ranked in the Top 10 in the State!!! I had another borderline Top 20. But thanks again for the intelligent posts...

Thanks for the replys Cats and Eagle. I was going to get on here to reply to some very ignorant statements by fatchance, but Cats beat me to it. The only other thing I will say is that no, I don't have a Class A bias. In 05, I had two kids from Class A ranked in the Top 10 in the State!!! I had another borderline Top 20. But thanks again for the intelligent posts...

gomab

Im sure your busy but do you think you will still get the rankings out by the 15!? Just to give everyone something to look foward to! just wondering too what did you think of beau brown over the summer and what do you think he will do this season?? Will anyone big offer him a scholarship?

this has nothing to do with your quote sorry!! just so you could see it!!

gomab

Im sure your busy but do you think you will still get the rankings out by the 15!? Just to give everyone something to look foward to! just wondering too what did you think of beau brown over the summer and what do you think he will do this season?? Will anyone big offer him a scholarship?

this has nothing to do with your quote sorry!! just so you could see it!!

i to wonder if you'll have your rankings out by the 15th. there hasn't been much change on your website.

Gomab i respect what u do man cus u put a lot of yourself into it for free this man criss crosses the state several times over during basketball season not to mention he puts on showcases and holds camps and then coaches and runs an AAU franchise Gomab go take a nap man i myself usually agree with his rankings and if i dont i consider the fact he has probably seen these players a lot more than i have i say more power to u and dont rush the man he has a life just like u do and it doesnt revolve completely around coacht although i am waitin on those rankings also