Who Will Be All Region For Region 6-2a?

waverly tigers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd is a much better back than Smith and the numbers prove it. Boyds stats: 159 rushes, 1526 yards, 9.6 yards per carry, and 22 touchdowns to Smiths: 212 rushes, 1523 yards, 7.2 yards per carry, and 19 touchdowns. If Boyd got that many carries, it would amount to an extra 509 yards giving him a total of 2035. Also, Boyd scores a td for every 7 carries. Using the same numbers he would also have 30 tds. Boyd gets criticized and it is only because he doesn't get to carry the ball very much. Smith gets it 6 more times a game than Boyd. Boyd plays within an offense where the carries are shared. People think he had a bad game against Lewis Co, but he only had 12 carries. I don't want to take anything away from Smith by any means, I think he is a terrific back; I would take him anyday on a team of mine, but I just think Boyd is better. Just an opinion. I think at qb you have to go for Lamm at Loretto or the kid at Richland. On defense, I think that Leonard from Camden, McCormick and Gilbert from Riverside, and #40 for Richland are the best defensive players in the region, not just at linebacker. And the Colley kid from Lewis Co. is probably the best db.

I would definitely agree that Clay Colley from Lewis Co. deserves the nod for all region at DB. I think he has something like 7 or 8 INT's with 5 returned for TDs this season. Chris Hatten, the TB from Lewis Co. would need some consideration as well. I also have to agree with bluengold. Lewis Co. as a TEAM has done outstanding this year especially responding to the pressures of being the underdog. They lost their first two games of the season but managed to keep their heads together and finish up with a region championship. They played a great game against a very talented and well coached Camden Central last week. It was by far one of the best games I had seen in a long time.

Sorry for leaving Lewis Co out. They have some players as well. I already mentioned Colley as best DB, maybe best defensive player in region. Hatton is a man. He is a force and a good running back. Other than those two, nobody really stands out, which makes their accomplishments that much more amazing. Don't get me wrong, they have a slew of good players, but they play as a team and are well-coached. I was very impressed with them. They didn't win against Camden on a fluke, they earned it. As for some other players worth mentioning, Waverly has a good TE in Mangrum and DT/OL in Jewell. #84 for Adamsville is a very good defensive lineman. Just wish 6-2A much luck in the playoffs!

Boyd is a much better back than Smith and the numbers prove it. Boyds stats: 159 rushes, 1526 yards, 9.6 yards per carry, and 22 touchdowns to Smiths: 212 rushes, 1523 yards, 7.2 yards per carry, and 19 touchdowns. If Boyd got that many carries, it would amount to an extra 509 yards giving him a total of 2035. Also, Boyd scores a td for every 7 carries. Using the same numbers he would also have 30 tds. Boyd gets criticized and it is only because he doesn't get to carry the ball very much. Smith gets it 6 more times a game than Boyd. Boyd plays within an offense where the carries are shared. People think he had a bad game against Lewis Co, but he only had 12 carries. I don't want to take anything away from Smith by any means, I think he is a terrific back; I would take him anyday on a team of mine, but I just think Boyd is better. Just an opinion. I think at qb you have to go for Lamm at Loretto or the kid at Richland. On defense, I think that Leonard from Camden, McCormick and Gilbert from Riverside, and #40 for Richland are the best defensive players in the region, not just at linebacker. And the Colley kid from Lewis Co. is probably the best db.

You have to remeber Smith plays both sides of the ball as well as speical teams. And when Riverside played Camden I saw Boyd come in very few times on defense. But nothin agianst Boyd though, he is as you said a great back.

I got to see each team in 6-2a play this season. As for the running back position, this region had quite a few players do really well.

Lewis Co- Hatton Camden-Boyd Riverside- Smith Richland- Dias Loretto- #5

(all Had over 1000 yards on the season, I believe) I may have left one out by mistake. My apologies if I did. However, based on what I saw, I would take any of these guys, but I would have to take Hatton and Boyd over anyone. Boyd and Hatton both run outside with speed and run exceptionally hard between the tackles. Not that the other 3 players don't, but play in, play out, these are the best two pure runners in the league. Smith is probably the most elusive of the group, but I would have to say Hatton and Boyd get the nod. As for QB, others may throw better, but I would have to say that Lamm of Loretto is by far the best weapon at quarterback in the region. He is hands down the best runner, and he is so elusive that he creates opportunities for his receivers downfield. The other guys mentioned are talented too, but Lamm is the biggest threat to take it the distance each time he has the ball in his hands. By the way, has anyone heard how it turned out after he got injured in the season finale?

but either way, when camden loses in the 3rd round they can only say they got that far, no one remembers any team that got to the 3rd round and lost, lewis has ANOTHER region championship, and no other team can say that this year. But Hatton gets the FB all region, Colley gets DB, and Zach Wright gets the LB.... all from Lewis Co.

Edited by dudumonaghan

but either way, when camden loses in the 3rd round they can only say they got that far, no one remembers any team that got to the 3rd round and lost, lewis has ANOTHER region championship, and no other team can say that this year. But Hatton gets the FB all region, Colley gets DB, and Zach Wright gets the LB.... all from Lewis Co.

Yep and Lewis co will be remembered for winning the region (which you did deserve because you came prepared and beat us soundly) and then losing to the 4th seed in the first round. No doubt you will be remembered for that. Camden will be remembered for 2003 being the 4th seed and nearly beating the 1st seed (lewis co) 12-13....and they will also be remembered for making the Quarter Finals (2004&2005) 2 years in a row ( that is if we take care of business against Richland)..oh ya and we also have had the 6th all time leading rusher, who will be the 2005 region 6-2a MVP, on all three of those teams. I think there's a pretty good chance Camden will be remembered don't you?

Edited by Lions4ever

Yep and Lewis co will be remembered for winning the region (which you did deserve because you came prepared and beat us soundly) and then losing to the 4th seed in the first round. No doubt you will be remembered for that. Camden will be remembered for 2003 being the 4th seed and nearly beating the 1st seed (lewis co) 12-13....and they will also be remembered for making the Quarter Finals (2004&2005) 2 years in a row ( that is if we take care of business against Richland)..oh ya and we also have had the 6th all time leading rusher, who will be the 2005 region 6-2a MVP, on all three of those teams. I think there's a pretty good chance Camden will be remembered don't you?

Yup. We just gotta play well every Friday night.

Boy all you Camden haters out there would poop a brick if Camden went deeper than expected.

Edited by rcombs