Powell Basketball

Phsbaseball13

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls is without a doubt a good team but is overrated.They had trouble with a Karns team that had 2 players out(one of them being a starter)

I seem to remember Halls beating us two out of three last year. The players and coaches at PHS have nothing but respect for Halls and their highly talented junior class. I went and watched Halls just dominate Anderson County last week and I did not see too many weaknesses with the Red Devils. The fact that Karns played them close is more a testament to Karns than a knock on Halls. Karns is much more patient on offense this year than anytime in recent memory and they are well coached. The fact that Halls won over there with Cameron only scoring seven points just means that Halls has a really solid team.

I seem to remember Halls beating us two out of three last year. The players and coaches at PHS have nothing but respect for Halls and their highly talented junior class. I went and watched Halls just dominate Anderson County last week and I did not see too many weaknesses with the Red Devils. The fact that Karns played them close is more a testament to Karns than a knock on Halls. Karns is much more patient on offense this year than anytime in recent memory and they are well coached. The fact that Halls won over there with Cameron only scoring seven points just means that Halls has a really solid team.

Good post Mocs30. You and your boys and the rest of the coaching staff im sure have respect for us just as our players and coaches have much respect for you all. The Halls and Powell game should be a very very good game but as someone said earlier, the first game between us isnt until mid January. Both teams have alot of games and alot of big district games at that between now and then. Everyone knows how big the rivalry is between Halls and Powell but im sure the players and coaches from both sides will not be worrying about that game until then. Good luck to the panthers this year and as always Go Big Red!

Edited by hhsbball12

I agree about the big talk already about Powell and Halls to a certain extent. It is early to be talkin but i mean this is the biggest games for these two programs. Kinda like the Duke UNC game, everyone talks about it and they dont play til late in the year.

But I think Daniel Hanson can guard Sharpe very well. I mean he did a Heck of a jonb on DYE when he guarded him.

Powell has a good chance a repeating but the key factor in my opinion is gonna be smith and how well the guards handle the ball.

But for those who have been on Ogans case about not knowin how to coach or whatever i think he has won the district 2 out of the last 3. and i dont think powell had the best tallent those years either. they were good there is no doubt but he did a good job those years.