Antioch

mr.giggliefly33

Big Chief, I thought so, but I wasn't sure!! I certainly have an inkling on who runtheball is, but I'm still debating on Moonwink!!

Runtheball is none other than Coach Buddy Brown. I would love to hear from you . Tell me about all this money you are making. You like my user name?

Edited by runtheball

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's MOONWINX, you metro cretins. Please answer- why are all the 5a metro teams out of the playoffs?

To shadow - Gallatin, and White House

Well genius even a retired cretin can answer your question. All the 5a metro teams lost in the 1st round . DUH!!!!!!!!!! Not even 50% Sumner Co.!!!!!!! Yeah Rah, you have been to Tuscaloosa, and possibility of your parents knowing where the moon winks!!!!!!

If you coach with the same attitude and work ethic that you played with you would be a great addition to any coaching staff. Why have you not considered assisting at Antioch?

Coach I offered my services to coach Mac but he told me he had enough help and Ezell was more than willing to take me on the staff. Had to learn how to be a QB coach but it has worked out. Still trying to get rid of the old way Scott Smith had the Secondary play, but they are coming around. I watch as much film now as i did then and even go back to the 99' season for reference on the Secondary. But Coach Brown if you ever get another job somewhere keep me in mind i would be more than willing to come help you out. And i will do the same if I get mine someday. Thank you to whom ever McNine4MVP is with the words of encouragement. If you ware referring to me for the AHS job. I would love go back home and take us back to the top again. Might need the help of some Alumni. We have the athletes in the school and my brother who is a Soph at AHS and an even better athlete than I or my other brother JMARK ever were. Has QB potential. Great SS for the baseball team set assist record for a single game as a Freshman. Since Antioch is done. You guys should come out to Goodpasture and watch my guys at Ezell take on the Cougars Friday night at 7 P.M.

Edited by coachsmith81

In a community like Antioch, where the kids are not completely broke, but still have that pull of the streets or material things, you kind of have to shake things up to create a buzz. With that comes the pressures of the street on the kids and them wanting instant gratification.

There is some validity in in this novel you wrote. I disagree with a couple of things, though. Number one, you make Antioch out to be a poverty-riddled school and that just isn't the case. There are no projects in the AHS zone...there is very little low inome housing at all. The kids walking the halls at AHS, for the most part, are middle class kids. The area around there is basically all new...not old run down places. AHS is much more akin to Overton or Hillsboro than Stratford, Maplewood, etc. Number 2, coming from an old former coach, I can tell you that it is VERY seldom worth it when you have to go beg a guy to play. He generally ends up being more trouble than he's worth. I always found that you are better off playing with the ones who want to be there in the first place. While AHS is not quite 3000 students strong like you assert, I agree that it is a shame that somewhere there isn't a QB walking the halls that wants to be a part of the team. They certainly didn't have one that could have taken them any farther than they went this year.

It's that Wilson County education shining through. I can still remember a ton about the Civil War after having your dad's history class. Tell Dickey and McPhail hello for me.

bigchief, will pass along to dicko and mac. coechsmith, you may not want to answer this but why does the young one not play football anymore. i agree that he has alot of ability.