Elizabethton Cyclones

coachh17

Hampton was missing half of there Varsity as well. At least one of there starters is missing.

Who was Hampton missing? I didn't think they were missing any starters.

The Cyclones play Maryville and Maryville Heritage tomorrow. They should have all their players, not sure if they are healthy though. Are both of those teams 3-A in basketball, I think they are but not sure.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cyclones ended up playing University High and Maryville. They won both games. They beat UH by only 2. The beat Maryville by around 14. They played really well against a bigger, stronger Maryville team. Norman played good in the second game after a poor first game. The Cyclones couldn't hot a shot in the first game but were on fire the second game. If they can play like they did against Maryville all year, then the rest of the league better watch out.

Go Cyclones!

Who was Hampton missing? I didn't think they were missing any starters.

The Cyclones play Maryville and Maryville Heritage tomorrow. They should have all their players, not sure if they are healthy though. Are both of those teams 3-A in basketball, I think they are but not sure.

Hampton was missing 5 varsity players with Jonathan Lyons the only starter missing.

The Cyclones ended up playing University High and Maryville. They won both games. They beat UH by only 2. The beat Maryville by around 14. They played really well against a bigger, stronger Maryville team. Norman played good in the second game after a poor first game. The Cyclones couldn't hot a shot in the first game but were on fire the second game. If they can play like they did against Maryville all year, then the rest of the league better watch out.

Go Cyclones!

I don't want to burst your bubble, but that was primarily Maryville's JV team plus about 4 players. The rest of 10 varsity players are still playing football.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but that was primarily Maryville's JV team plus about 4 players. The rest of 10 varsity players are still playing football.

As is with any of the teams who still have football players goin at it. Scrimmages are what they are.......a good chance for a coach to see all of his players in game situations........an evaluation, win or lose. One shouldn't put too much stock in a scrimmage game or a 'jamboree' as a W or L. You won't see them on your record, but they are a measuring stick.

Encouraging to see a win versus Happy Valley in the Jamboree tonight. I'm smelling a regional appearance.

Elizabethton looked pretty descent last night. Nave and Callie played well. Nave didn't have big numbers and seemed more mature in that he was willing to see what the defense would give him. Callie shined a bit, but also forced a couple of situations unneccessarily. Hilton was also a very pleasant surprise on the boards. Norman wasn't very effective, but he has a season in front of him. Some of the younger big men came in and did a very nice job with their speed inside. Taylor did a descent job out front getting the ball where it needed to be. The Cyclones played alot of guys in the first quarter and the second quarter.......great experience for the whole team.

HV stayed with their starters for the most part, but Caldwell came off of the bench and gave them a boost. He should be starting and probably will when he knocks off some football rust.

Unicoi played alot of men and didn't show much. Don't think English wanted to.

(Ben hit him a big 3 at the delight of the crowd)

South Greene showed some potential, but Sauceman is gone.

Johnson County was very impressive with their first 5, but seemed to weaken off of the bench.

It was a good measuring stick for all of the coaches.

As it looks now........1. Unicoi 2. Elizabethton 3. Johnson County 4. Happy Valley

5. South Greene 6. Sullivan North 7. Chuckey Doak 8. West Greene

(And it was only the jamboree and this is a very early prediction, but it gave a good insight on all of the teams of this conference. We'll see how it pans out as they will all improve and smooth out.)