District 7a..new Thread

7ABasketball

You say not to turn this post negative but one of the first things you say is "I hear Clay Co. again has some new faces." Guess what? I heard every team in this district has some new faces and, get this, their calling them freshmen. Go figure.

Sorry, I did not mean anything negative by that..just that they reload every year...especially lately. I saw their middle school group last season..that was what I meant. They did have some new guys last year..what's negative about that?????

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the freshmen at Celina go, how much playing time are they going to get this year? They'll lose alot after this year, and they are going to need some experience next year, especially in order to hang with teams like Pickett, which will be good next year as they are returning alot of good players. Clay has alot of freshmen, but are those boys going to get any playing time or are they as experienced now as they will be next year. That could also be a dumb question because with a team as stacked as Celina's is this year, they'll probably get alot of playing time in blow out games.

As far as the freshmen at Celina go, how much playing time are they going to get this year? They'll lose alot after this year, and they are going to need some experience next year, especially in order to hang with teams like Pickett, which will be good next year as they are returning alot of good players. Clay has alot of freshmen, but are those boys going to get any playing time or are they as experienced now as they will be next year. That could also be a dumb question because with a team as stacked as Celina's is this year, they'll probably get alot of playing time in blow out games.

ah...they'll play like you said in blow outs...but that will be out...unless they get in some major foul trouble the freshmen there shouldn't see much playing time...

ah...they'll play like you said in blow outs...but that will be out...unless they get in some major foul trouble the freshmen there shouldn't see much playing time...

I'd say a few might get more than blowouts. Coach Edwards usually doesn't cement his lineup until after Christmas and tries to go as deep as possible early in the season. His son, Tyler, probably has the best chance of getting to play because Jon is out only true point gaurd. Saylor and Casey can play it but it would be better if they didn't have to. If Tyler shows he's good enough to handle the pressure, I could see him coming off the bench to give Jon a rest.

if nativebuff is such a foremost on coaching i think maybe he should do a coachig clinic to help out all these coaches that are doing so awful ;)

duke, let me say first that I am only a fan. I have no childern in school and I only keep up with CLARKRANGE because I'm from the area. I don't have any desire to coach,but I will say this I have a desire to see CLARKRANGE do better than they have over the last 4/5 years. The only thing I ask is check the records they speak for themselves.

Lol. Yeah, the only thing there is he does it when the team is not that good. There were several times that year that he could have done that, but I only remember one where he actually did. Like I said the game was pretty much at hand by that time. Plus, with a team like Celina has this year, or at least should have, they shouldn't have aproblem showing effort, especially with their schedule. The only team I think they might have difficulty with is Livingston, maybe Gainesboro, haven't seen them play. No one else should give them that mush trouble, unless they play some good teams at the Christmas tournaments. Anyways Good Luck to Clay County!!

If the starters dont show any effort he will empty the bench until he finds the players that will.You know what i"m talkin about Dawg05. (Monterey two years ago)

I'm not sure were this comment is coming from because I haven't seen any post questioning effort. However, when it comes to emptying the bench, coach is more bark than bite. If you remember that game, he put the bench in when we were up 20 and then when Monterey started coming back, he put the starters back in. Coach always gets ya the day after the game. We practiced for about 90 minutes and never touched a ball. Wind sprints and monkey drill dominated that practice. We always remembered that practice, because we never wanted to have to do it again, and it even carried over to last year and probably has carried over to this year. That's why you'll never see a lack of effort from this team.

Edited by Dawg05

duke, let me say first that I am only a fan. I have no childern in school and I only keep up with CLARKRANGE because I'm from the area. I don't have any desire to coach,but I will say this I have a desire to see CLARKRANGE do better than they have over the last 4/5 years. The only thing I ask is check the records they speak for themselves.

Are you talkin district or overall nativebuff? Coach Rogers always wants to play a tuff schedule to get his girls ready to compete for regions and states and that sometimes means that they schedule tough teams and usually AA and some AAA teams. Thats great for him but not so great for the boys team. The girls, for the most part, have talent come in year in and year out but for the boys it hasn't been the case in the last couple years. Say what you want about the boys coach and their records over the years but believe me you have no idea as to some things he has put up with... If you have a decent girls team you can compete with AA and some AAA but its different with boys IMO. I think the schedule(usually who Coach Rogers wants to play) hurts the boys record every year.......

Are you talkin district or overall nativebuff? Coach Rogers always wants to play a tuff schedule to get his girls ready to compete for regions and states and that sometimes means that they schedule tough teams and usually AA and some AAA teams. Thats great for him but not so great for the boys team. The girls, for the most part, have talent come in year in and year out but for the boys it hasn't been the case in the last couple years. Say what you want about the boys coach and their records over the years but believe me you have no idea as to some things he has put up with... If you have a decent girls team you can compete with AA and some AAA but its different with boys IMO. I think the schedule(usually who Coach Rogers wants to play) hurts the boys record every year.......

Jackson County boys have the same problem with games. In the past playing Shelbyville twice, Cookeville twice, then the tought teams that always come to the Christmas and Thanksgiving tourneys. It only made them better for this year though, because they were a JV team last year playing some good teams and even pulling a couple upsets along the way.