Who Will Win The DII-AAA Title Game?

rollredroll

Baylor is 1-11 versus MBA since the inception of DII in 1997. Call me crazy, but perhaps there were some other factors in play as to why Baylor lost that game last Friday.

Coaching maybe! I still think they could suprise some people. I'm not sure the spread was the right idea this year. Maybe the traditional running game would have worked better. I think MBA will get a good dose of that Friday. Of course that doesn't mean Balylor wins but I think they will have to stop the pounding up front!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bauber, I have no hidden agenda here...just a serious question. What is it that makes you believe that MUS will win the rematch with CBHS? Simply loyalty, or something else?

My post was more of sarcasm in response. At this point I am not sure who will take the golden ball home although it looks as if it is leaning towards CBHS if they continue to play the way they have the last few weeks. On the other hand for MUS to lose to CBHS twice in one year IMO would be devastating but it could happen. But first both of these teams must make it to the state game. No game in this league is a sure win.

My post was more of sarcasm in response. At this point I am not sure who will take the golden ball home although it looks as if it is leaning towards CBHS if they continue to play the way they have the last few weeks. On the other hand for MUS to lose to CBHS twice in one year IMO would be devastating but it could happen. But first both of these teams must make it to the state game. No game in this league is a sure win.

That's for sure. I was surprised when CBHS won the first one. MUS was clearly the best team that BA played this year, at least on the night they played them.

That's for sure. I was surprised when CBHS won the first one. MUS was clearly the best team that BA played this year, at least on the night they played them.

And I believe that CBHS played one of it's best games all year, when it played MUS. Where as MUS played probably it's worst game of the year. And the fact that CBHS had to pull it out on a 2 minute drill drive at the end of the game says alot. Don't get me wrong, it was probably the most complete drive any team has put together against MUS this year, but MUS played very passive the whole drive, blitzing only 3 guys. All I am saying is if MUS plays to its capability, I believe they could beat CBHS the second time around, IF that game happens.

Baylor was held scoreless against an MBA defense that was playing without all of its starting linebackers. Several players along the defensive front were making their first start of the year. I believe Hightower's out for the year but Luke Brown and Prevost are supposedly ready. Poor Cody Romans may be spending the night at Vanderbilt if the Baylor O-line doesn't pull it together.

MBA vs MUS will be a heck of a game(hopefully) and either BA or McCallie could thwart CBHS's strong season. The semi finals should provide two really really good games. I may be ruling Baylor out too early but by listening to the game on their student network it sounded like MBA's defense was playing at a level that Baylor hadn't seen all year.

Any word on Tyree Ford's health? He is sick at 100%

Baylor was held scoreless against an MBA defense that was playing without all of its starting linebackers. Several players along the defensive front were making their first start of the year. I believe Hightower's out for the year but Luke Brown and Prevost are supposedly ready. Poor Cody Romans may be spending the night at Vanderbilt if the Baylor O-line doesn't pull it together.

MBA vs MUS will be a heck of a game(hopefully) and either BA or McCallie could thwart CBHS's strong season. The semi finals should provide two really really good games. I may be ruling Baylor out too early but by listening to the game on their student network it sounded like MBA's defense was playing at a level that Baylor hadn't seen all year.

Any word on Tyree Ford's health? He is sick at 100%

He has been participating in practice so I presume he will be ready

on Friday. I'm not sure you could say he will be 100%.

MBA takes Baylor in a game closer because it's two weeks in a row for these two.

I think McCallie can exploit BA's defense and pass on them to win a close one.

MBA looks to not allow MUS four straight wins against them, especially being shut out this season. I think the home-field helps and the defense will hold for MUS as they squeak by in a last second win.

CBHS will have a tough matchup vs. McCallie who they haven't played this year. I think CBHS continues to be physical on both sides of the ball and pushes past McCallie.

MUS vs. CBHS and I think CBHS will pound on the Owls and slip by them for Gold.

I think CBHS is the better of these two, even though MUS's discipline on defense makes them tough.

However, some key things could happen on either side of the ball:

If CBHS can get pressure on Parks and puts some good hits on him, it will make a big difference. If Harris isn't effective and MUS contains him, it will be another low-scoring affair and a turnover or special teams play may make the difference.

Should make for a great game either way.

I'm sorry for the caustic nature of this post but where do Baylor fans begin to think they can beat MBA? The Bid Red started two backup, sophomore linebackers and still managed to shut down everything Baylor attempted on offense. You've got the size and the looks but you're not going to run the ball on MBA -- no one has run the ball on them since Pearl Cohn's Santonio Beard sprung a 78 yarder from the first play of scrimmage in 2001 (he ended up with 77 total rushing yards). Baylor's had some great backs in the recent past but they did nothing last week to suggest they're capable of moving the ball. Go Big Red. 28-7.

I'm sorry for the caustic nature of this post but where do Baylor fans begin to think they can beat MBA? The Bid Red started two backup, sophomore linebackers and still managed to shut down everything Baylor attempted on offense. You've got the size and the looks but you're not going to run the ball on MBA -- no one has run the ball on them since Pearl Cohn's Santonio Beard sprung a 78 yarder from the first play of scrimmage in 2001 (he ended up with 77 total rushing yards). Baylor's had some great backs in the recent past but they did nothing last week to suggest they're capable of moving the ball. Go Big Red. 28-7.

Your memory needs to be reminded that Baaylor's Cortney Brasswell lit MBA up for 315 yards rushing in 2002 on 15 carries.