Ooltewah @ Dobyns Bennett

SergeantOwl22

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That upsets me that I won't be able to watch this game on the internet... leave it to the tssaa to outlaw anything that wont help them gain more money than they already have...

Here's my take on the game...

Last years game was really close and one of the best games I ever witnessed... It also had one of the strangest events occur that I've ever seen in any game ever.

If you base this game solely on each teams respective performance against Oak Ridge, then you would think that Ooltehwah holds a huge advantage in this one...

But this is a completely different indian team than the one that played against Oak Ridge... Coach Clark has gone back to what has generally been Dobyns-Bennetts strength through-out the years... Lining up and running the ball right down the opponents throat. The key to this Dobyns-Bennett team is being able to pound the ball with their big fullback Pappas. They also have to their advantage a really big/strong line that blows open a hole that Pappas runs into, he kicks out a linebacker and Bingham, or one of their other really fast backs, hits so fast that by the time theres an opponent around them theyre already in the secondary. These succesful runs open up the passing game.

Owl fans, is this team as big a fan of hard-hitting as last years team was? I specifically remember some licks being laid by owl players...

One of #21 Stephen Moton and the other on #74 James Weatherly... the latter of which was one of the more humerous events of last season...

Yeah, Stumpy was out in full force to celebrate Halloween. I heard he was looking for Oak Ridge Anna!

PS - The Days Inn is still closed. I had to stay at the Holiday Inn Express last week!

My cell phone hasnt worked in weeks, so email me next time your coming in and ill give you my dorm # or Jennifers Cell phone # seeing as how im usually with her

Edited by DRDB

And this post makes 200 and the Owls have outposted the competition.

actually i believe db has posted a little more...and about hitting hard, i dont know if this team as a whole hits as hard as last year's team, but they are still capable, just ask that receiver from oak ridge who got leveled by dewayne caldwell and then fumbled it

And this post makes 200 and the Owls have outposted the competition.

uncfan is the McCallie fan who always hates on us Owls!!! you better be helping your Blue Tornado get ready for Brentwood Academy instead of worrying about how much we're posting! This has actually been a decent thread compared to what it could be!

Go Owls!