Ooltewah @ Dobyns Bennett

SergeantOwl22

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok owls fans, face it, Dobyns Bennett is better than you. The only reason we lost to Oak ridge is because of injuries, and that is the only reason you beat them. This friday J. Fred will be packed for the Defeat of the owls.

As I have said in other posts, I am not a graduate of either of these schools, but Ooltewah, like Dobyns Bennett, played Oak Ridge with key people on the sidelines due to injuries. From what I understand Ooltewah will be at full strength for the first time this year.

Sniper don't make DB fans look ignorant. Ooltewah played DB close last year. Granted DB played without a couple of key players (one being our star All American receiver whom everyone double teamed) Ooltewah played a close game. Ooltewah lost very little from last years team. Ooltewah kept most of their key players and also added a DI caliber transfer. DB lost a ton of players. On paper, Ooltewah is an older, more experienced team while DB is young with much less experience. This does not equal DB as a better team. In fact, I see DB as the underdog. Ooltewah had many injuries and some bad luck versus the two teams they lost to. Tone it down a bit and keep it civilized, Ooltewah is a tall task for DB this year.

I don't think I would call a #1 seed and underdog to a #4 seed in anyone's book.

I'm not the one calling people gay because they didn't choose the owls (see page 6 of posts) so tell sergant owl to act mature. But i do believe that now that Bo is back we have a better shot at Ooltewah

Probably a good thing that Bo is back; I'm sure it will help.

Ooltewah now has Gaston, Marshall, McReynolds, Neal, Jeremy Woods, Leech, Caldwell, and the whole offensive line is healthy again. They have played this entire season through these injuries and have now gained some very valuable depth as a result.

DB does not have any of what I guess you would call superstar players. This year really is a team effort. I would say probably our punter may actually play his posistion the best. He averages about 40 yards and pins teams deep in their territory. Our running backs change out but I would say Bingham and Maxwell get most of the carries. Our Center (Kilgore) is a big beast of a man. Sensabaugh is the leading receiver and a great defensive back too. Jessee Alley is our leading tackler. Andrew Pappas runs the ball some and is a strong linebacker. Throp is a great, quick punt return, receiver, defensive back. There seem to be different people that step up each week. There are not really superstars, more like a bunch of great football players making equal contributions. Burnette seems to make some big plays, I know I am leaving a few out

This should take you to some stats for DB DB STATS

Everything I expected. A very good defensive team -- Dobyns Bennett vs. maybe one of the best offenses in the state -- Ooltewah. This should really be a great high school football game.

I guess you are not understanding what I said. Before you shoot your mouth off again what I said was.........If ooltewah wins Friday night, it would not be considered an upset. As in I agree with what you just said in your reply. Ooltewah appears to be a better team than DB on paper. Thus, it would not be an upset as most people that know football think that Ooltewah has the edge. Think before you post. Good lord! I agree with you and you can't even understand it. You need to edit your last post as you now are wrong.

One more time, Ooltewah winning Friday should not be considered an upset.

Reasons why: They beat Cookeville and Oak Ridge, they lost very little from last year, they are faster, bigger, etc.

I would consider DB winning this game an upset.

To some extent you are right, Bud. However, all the polls and nearly all the prognosticators and experts are picking Dobyns Bennett. That smells kinda like an upset if Ooltewah does win. Sounds like most people in NE TN believe that if Ooltewah wins it will be an upset from what I am hearing and reading. I would have to agree with Tricities Sports, though, Dobyns Bennett has drawn the toughest #4 seed opponent in the state. This team that the Owls will bring upstate is on fire and talented and wanting to prove a thing or two. That win against Oak Ridge was impressive and shocking. I don't think anyone, including Ooltewah fans and players expected that. This has really convinced the Owls they can beat anyone. They are brimming with confidence, but I still think it is an upset... it's on DB's home field 3 1/2 hours away.

It was so early when I saw DB, that I can't get a real read on this game. Playing there will be a great advantage, but my heart says Ooltewah wins this one.

I agree; DB was young and inexperienced so early against Oak Ridge. Now they have established themselves once again as one of the state's elite. The Owls better be ready to play an entire game, because the Indians will not beat themselves.

Sorry, for so many posts in a row. Have been away and just now catching up.

I really do believe this game should not have to be played so early in the year. The quality of these two teams would beg a later matchup, but that is not in the cards, so somebody is going to have to go home early.

Experience vs. youth

Visitors vs home

Offense vs. defense

Traditional power vs up and newcomer

#1 seed vs #4 seed

Two top ten teams (maybe two of the best five teams in 5A)

It's the playoffs and all is on the line

High school football warms up with a real barnburner

Low scoring game favors Dobyns Bennett

High scoring game favors the Owls

Excellent skill players (Ooltewah) vs a very strong overall team (Dobyns Bennett)

Friday night; first week in November

All is on the line and one of the teams moves on and the other goes home until next year.

Wow!! basketballisbest just had 6 post's in a row, to break the 1 day record of consecutive post's of 4 put of by SeargentOwl in the wee hours last night/this morning.

That Road Trip may be a factor in this game. I bet this is the longest road traveled by any team in Round 1 or Round 2 for that matter. And how many fans will Ooltewah bring? If I remember last year, the Owl Fans did not travel to Kingsport in great numbers. DB's Home Crowd, Large and Loud Band can make J. Fred Jonson Stadium a tough place for a visiting Football Team.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Wow!! basketballisbest just had 5 post's in a row, to break the 1 day record of consecutive post's of 4 put of by SeargentOwl in the wee hours last night/this morning.

That Road Trip may be a factor in this game. I bet this is the longest road traveled by any team in Round 1 or Round 2 for that matter. And how many fans will Ooltewah bring? If I remember last year, the Owl Fans did not travel to Kingsport in great numbers. DB's Home Crowd, Large and Loud Band can make J. Fred Jonson Stadium a tough place for a visiting Football Team.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Yeah, I tend to agree that this roadtrip is a big factor. Not only is Dobyns Bennett very good at home, Ooltewah has an awful long way to travel. That may be the difference in this one. I do believe Ooltewah will bring more than last year, because they were beat up last year and going down hill. Most people in Chattanooga didn't give them a chance. It's different this year and the whole area believes this is a team that can play with anyone in the state.

Ooltewah tends to have lapses in games in which they do not play at the level they are capable of. Even in wins against Cookeville and Oak Ridge, they failed to play a full four quarters. In fact, against Cookeville, they played defensively after mid-way through the second quarter, and against Oak Ridge they didn't really turn it up until the middle of the third quarter. This team has to learn to play a full game.

Everything I expected. A very good defensive team -- Dobyns Bennett vs. maybe one of the best offenses in the state -- Ooltewah. This should really be a great high school football game.

I say this has the potential to be the best game all year, in regular season or the playoffs. DB does have a Great Defense, and Ooltewah has a powerhouse when it comes to offense (see Sergantowl, i dont diss Ooltewah all the time, i think they are a great team, probally top 8 in the state). I think this game will eventually come down to special teams (*cough did you see what happened to science hill, 3 missed snaps on special team in a row giving DB the ball each time cough*). If anything field position will be the deciding factor for the game. Punters and Returners have to get it done if they want to win this game.

Does anybody else find the AP Top 10 poll that was released today to be a bit weird?

http://www.coacht.com/story.cfm?doc=17312

They seem to be detached from reality. DB is #2 behind Riverdale with Oak Ridge #4 behind Cookville. Oolteway is not even on the list and Farragut is still on the list at #9. Either they are out of touch or half the people on this thread are. It would be nice to think that DB is #2, especially with all the great challenges this team has met and conquered this year. Its hard for me to see them picked #2. These polls seem to be more of a disservice to the teams listed on them.

Next year tho, #1.