Ooltewah @ Dobyns Bennett

SergeantOwl22

Thanks for your kind comments.

Ooltewah has been inconsistent at times especially during the William Blount & Farragut games. I think a lot of the problems they have had were due to the mental aspects versus their above average potential they poses. The injuries to key players IMO created a mental breakdown thinking they could not compete or win without their stars on the field thus negative things happen when you think pessimistically. The Oak Ridge game having 3 starters out and rallying back being 23 points down I believe they finally realized what they can really do in other words new leaders emerged and they came together as one. No disrespect but if the young men play to their potential it is very feasible that they have a good chance to go all the way. Like WACO said in his Top 10 Ooltewah (Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde) Go Owls!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet Ooltewah would love another crack at Farragut. I would like to see DB play Farragut this year too. I think the last time DB played Farragut, they had Sean "Sanderson" (spelling?) and DB shut him down and won 41-14, that was back in 2000 playoffs.

Edited by bud

SargeantOwl22,

No disrespect taken, the Indians are aware of the talent on the the Owls...you all are definitely a team with the potential to win it all...that is why many are saying that regardless of the outcome, you can't call it an upset...I don't think polls mean very much, we are not the 2nd best team in the state (but if things go right we might could win it all, who knows)...seems like Ooltewah was preseason ranked higher than Dobyns-Bennett, but again that isn't going to decide tomorrow's game...

The Indians will run out of the "I", shotgun, double wings, empty backfield... multiple offensive sets...defensively predominately a 3-3-5...

Roll Tribe Roll

DB has 21 SR's I would not say they are young but maybe inexperienced with 10 games under their belts that's not true either.

DB doesn't rebuild they reload like most successful programs in the state.

Owl, There was talk between coaching staffs during the winter about playing regular season games with each other. Coach Clark said they were close to an agreement when another local team here called back and agreed to play DB again. I hope in the future this could happen. We play Oak Ridge every year and that relationship is benificial for both programs. Two teams dropped off our schedule from last year and two 4A programs(Tn High & Eliz) came back on. I was hoping we would bring Maryville onto the schedule. We scrimage them every year and that releationship is good too. The better the competition, the better you are at this time of the year. Hopefully the Owls and the Indians can become and regular matchup in the future.

Roll Tirbe!!

I bet Ooltewah would love another crack at Farragut. I would like to see DB play Farragut this year too. I think the last time DB played Farragut, they had Sean "Sanderson" (spelling?) and DB shut him down and won 41-14, that was back in 2000 playoffs.

Bud> I was at that game sitting on the Tribe side Cheering against FHS.

This years FHS team is a better team.

Just like all the Region 2 teams(OR, FHS & OHS) they have had mental breakdowns and there scores reflected it.

The owls played a great game against Farragut but the score didn't reflect it. OR out played the owls in the first half but they found a way to come back and win. Farragut was in the game against OR untill the second half touchdown.

If I remember correctly all these teams had over 300 yds in offense when they lost.

It's a crazy region.