Grace Baptist Academy

gracekeeper12

I am not saying that schools don't attract and "obtain" kids is weird ways temple did with vespie and grace got van horn back as well....and I am sure there are numerous other kids that have jumped through TSSAA loopholes to play where they want..oh well...what are ya gonna do?

Van Horn = Step Dad fighting in Iraq

Boarding School

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understand this, you have been reported.

For what? saying something terrible about a person? cussing? I said the truth- some people said temple still loved gabe....I said they don't and gave a reason- that is bush that you would report someone for that!!!!you must have some serious ties with gabe for you to be reporting me for that!!!

It also depends on who the coach can go out in the local communities and convince to come to Temple :P

Local schools? Also included in "local schools" Oliver Springs, Rockwood, Megis County, Knox Central, CAK, Blackman, White Station, Mitchell, Lake County?? Where does it end? Should anyone be going out of their way to convince someone to come to their school 2 hours away?

Understand this, you have been reported.

Forgive me, but I am missing the point of why fightclub is being reported, could you please fill me in? I thought his points were valid, could use some help with his spelling, but other than that I failed to see what he did wrong, but maybe I missed something.

Also his point was that TSSAA has loopholes and that both Vespie and VanHorn found them, I don't think he meant to equate the two situations.

Also his point was that TSSAA has loopholes and that both Vespie and VanHorn found them, I don't think he meant to equate the two situations.

Van Horn applied for a hardship through TSSAA no loop holes involved. And the thing about Temple obtaining players, one of two things

1. what there doing is legal

2. they havent been caught

The only thing that looks bad to me is this. The year they lose 4 of their best 6 players is when this happens. Not just Vespie other players appear on the team that werent in middle school.

Do not get me wrong I am not making any accusations.

Van Horn applied for a hardship through TSSAA no loop holes involved. And the thing about Temple obtaining players, one of two things

The only thing that looks bad to me is this. The year they lose 4 of their best 6 players is when this happens. Not just Vespie other players appear on the team that werent in middle school.

And what looks bad to a lot of people is apparently Van Horn couldn't play with the boys in NY, so he came back down.

What Temple does that is illegal is goto kids tell them to come to Temple to play basketball...Just a few years ago Temple had a guard named Jeron ( blk kid from Orchard park) i know him personally, and he was personally approached by the coach and asked to come to Temple.....They havent been caught because know one has wanted to step up and call them out on it, and im sure that TSSAA wouldnt do anything anyways, because they are a pretty weak organization anyways....Im not hating on temple, i know of CCS, Hixson and others doing the same thing......

The arguement is stupid.

Kids coming out of middle schools make decisions to change schools for various reasons. Many make those decisions based on athletics. The coaches are not out recruiting.

As argued in other threads, Temple success recently has been based on several families. Mouw, Skogen, Wadley.

If I am an 8th grade basketball stud at Hixson middle school, can afford private school and want to go to a christian school, why wouldn't they go to Temple. (or Grace, CCS, Boyd, ect)

I am suprised they haven't attracted more students.