What High School Band Is Most Entertaining?

CloudlandLander2009

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that what AE does is even considered a marching band show. When we saw them at the exibition we were appalled by it.

You gotta have rythmn to understand what AE does.....they instantly got me into their show and I'm the furthest thing from an AE fan. It's a lot of fun and it's not stuffy. Something a lot of bands have more of than talent these days...stuffiness.

Sure they have rhythmn and we understand that they are a performing arts school but the group of us didn't care much for it when we saw it. They just didn't do a whole lot of band stuff. The drum major was out on the field dancing and the majorettes and colorguard basically didnt do any twirling; just dancing.

In West Tennessee, I have to give my hats off to Hardin County for their talent and size. But as far as entertaining, I definitely have to go w/ Memphis Melrose. They played Jackson Central Merry in the playoffs 2 years ago at JCM's field. The band arrived late and made a "grand appearance" that had everyone on our side staring w/ their mouths hung open...even our players. They had it all...rhythm, dancers, and an incredible horn and drum section. They got their fans and players pepped up and they kept it up the entire game. Definitely, they made a huge difference. We travelled their last year during playoffs and they were just as entertaining and I'm sure they are again this year.

This coming from someone who probably is the waterboy or stands on the sidelines? If it stinks take bass out of your name, that is a BAND instrument ya know!!

yeah deffinatly bass= a kind of fish also seeing as i am a fishing fanatic and no im not the waterboy or sit on the sidelines i am a fan, like the thousands of other people who pour into our stadium to watch the FOOTBALL GAME, not the darn band