What High School Band Is Most Entertaining?

CloudlandLander2009

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year i got to meet the guys from Onieda's band when they came up and played Cloudland in playoffs. They are all really nice and really good musically. Just wanted to comment on you guys.

Oh, and for all those people who say band isn't hard, it isn't a sport, that we don't help the football team, and that we should just stop playing, well YOU TRY IT SOMETIME!!!!! I have to carry a bass drum and keep it on ALL the time, and it weighs about 30 or 40 pounds. We practice alot, and we DO help the football team, in case you didn't notice, we play when the other team has the ball, so it's harder for their offense. :lol:

The doofuses who take time out of their day to insult high school bands on a message board need to seriously reconsider their priorities, or maybe just go get a girlfriend.

While I certainly go to a football game for the game itself, I always enjoy hearing the bands play. The fact is, a good band can change the atmosphere of the game and become an asset to its team, even on the road.

Great bands I've heard:

Franklin

Brentwood

Overton

McGavock

Bearden

Farragut

MBA always had a good jazz band.