Dist 9 Aa

Geezer

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me what Lipscomb or Hume Fogg look like this year?

Lipscomb lost all five starters to graduation, but have three seniors returning along with a group of juniors who only lost two games last year playing on the JV squad. Based on their play in off-season team camps, they sholud be very competitive in the district this year, and as usual they will be well coached.

District 9-AA Teams: Ezell Harding - CPA - FRA- Pearl Cohen- MLK- David Lipscomb- Hume fogg Will MLK dominate without J. Lee??

Question about MLK is how deep their team or bench will be. Only 3 of their players saw much time last year. Pearl Cohn is a wild card. They have a new coach and have moved down to AA. Two of their players play football and were hurt in car accident earlier this year. Do not know the status of them. Lipscomb should be very competitive this year. They lost two good big men but should be able to adjust with jv players moving up. Should have strong front court. Ezell this summer appeared to have a well balanced team with good speed. Don't know alot about them or any of the other teams moving to AA

CPA and FRA will be at the bottom of the district for a sure fact. They are looking to have a rebuilding season this year. Pearl Cohn is a team that always is stacked with talent but just dont know what it takes to win games. The new coach that they have this year should be able to help Ron Davis and Vincent Davis get over the hump> They also have the freshman city champs coming up to so Dee Mason and company can help out on the varsity level. MLK has a core 3 players(Hobson,Gerald, and Clarence) who are going to do most of the contributing to the team.Clarence and Gerald are the main and maybe only two offensive options seeing that John Hopson is a defensive player and not much of an offensive threat.Lipscomb returns Josh Slater who started in the end of the season and is a junior. he contriubted big in the tournament and was probably the leading scorer from the district tourney to the state tourney for the team. Hume Fogg is a good team with lots of talent in Brown,Jamison Henderson,Zach Woods, and a good big man(Lester?). they should have a good decent season this year as will Ezell Harding.

Now I know the question is MLK's depth, but they had a few more people step up and play this year that weren't on the roster from last year and they have some people who have moved up from middle school ball. Clarence Smith's brother looks pretty decent and will be a force, but look for the top 3 to carry most of the weight along with Eugene Kirk a Junior guard who sat out last season with a broken wrist. Doc always has his boys ready to compete so don't rule them out just because they seemingly graduated their team.

BIG BEN

CPA and FRA will be at the bottom of the district for a sure fact. They are looking to have a rebuilding season this year. Pearl Cohn is a team that always is stacked with talent but just dont know what it takes to win games. The new coach that they have this year should be able to help Ron Davis and Vincent Davis get over the hump> They also have the freshman city champs coming up to so Dee Mason and company can help out on the varsity level. MLK has a core 3 players(Hobson,Gerald, and Clarence) who are going to do most of the contributing to the team.Clarence and Gerald are the main and maybe only two offensive options seeing that John Hopson is a defensive player and not much of an offensive threat.Lipscomb returns Josh Slater who started in the end of the season and is a junior. he contriubted big in the tournament and was probably the leading scorer from the district tourney to the state tourney for the team. Hume Fogg is a good team with lots of talent in Brown,Jamison Henderson,Zach Woods, and a good big man(Lester?). they should have a good decent season this year as will Ezell Harding.

I agree that Lipscomb's J. Slater will be one of the top point guards in the entire state this year. His game is solid in all aspects: sees the entire court , handles the ball exceptionally well, runs the fast break, shoots the three, drives to the basket, and executes laser passes to the post. You will be hearing alot about him this year. He is now about 6' 2" and will also help with rebounding.

I agree that Lipscomb's J. Slater will be one of the top point guards in the entire state this year. His game is solid in all aspects: sees the entire court , handles the ball exceptionally well, runs the fast break, shoots the three, drives to the basket, and executes laser passes to the post. You will be hearing alot about him this year. He is now about 6' 2" and will also help with rebounding.

Eh, but he isn't even the best PG in this district... I gotta give it Gerald Robinson.

This guy is practically the fastest guard in the state with amazing jumping ability and great court vision.

It will be great to see Slater and Robinson duke it out for the title "Best PG in 9AA"

BIG BEN