Oliver Springs @ Cumberland Gap

The Sports Guy

Cumberland Gap will host their first ever play-off game. The consolidated school is only 3 years old, and everyone is excited to have visitors so soon.

The Panthers haven't laid down and played dead for anybody, and I don't believe the Bobcats will find as much hospitality on the field, as the Bobcat fans will find in the stands.

I expect a real "cat fight", with the big black cats sending the lynx variety to the litter box.

The Panther defense is especially tough against the run, so Mr. Haynes and company should not forget their mouthpieces.

The Panther offense is pretty well balanced, and will require a lot of adjustments by the Bobcat "D".

My prediction:

CG - 28

OS - 14

Edited by The Sports Guy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cumberland Gap will host their first ever play-off game. The consolidated school is only 3 years old, and everyone is excited to have visitors so soon.

The Panthers haven't laid down and played dead for anybody, and I don't believe the Bobcats will find as much hospitality on the field, as the Bobcat fans will find in the stands.

I expect a real "cat fight", with the big black cats sending the lynx variety to the litter box.

The Panther defense is especially tough against the run, so Mr. Haynes and company should not forget their mouthpieces.

The Panther offense is pretty well balanced, and will require a lot of adjustments by the Bobcat "D".

My prediction:

CG - 28

OS - 14

I loved the Discovery Channel/ESPN game commentary there, Sports Guy, lol.

I know absolutely nothing about these teams, I just had to comment on that, sorry.

But yeah, Cumberland Gap seems to have been doing very well this year (I'm totally BS'ing, I have noth a clue). My pick is CG.

I loved the Discovery Channel/ESPN game commentary there, Sports Guy, lol.

I know absolutely nothing about these teams, I just had to comment on that, sorry.

But yeah, Cumberland Gap seems to have been doing very well this year (I'm totally BS'ing, I have noth a clue). My pick is CG.

Oops!

I was aiming for an Animal Planet/CSS tilt on the game.

Didn't mean to go off on a Chris "Vermin" Berman angle.

;);)

My prediction:

CG - 28

OS - 14

I like that. It reminds me of the old "Leonards Losers" radio show.

;)

I agree Bobby Boucher. This O.S. team is a mystery. The team they brought to Alcoa ten days ago was not very good. Their 1st team offense barely scored against Alcoa's 2nd team " JV " defense.

The Haynes kid is a tough runner. The Alcoa defense punished him and absolutely beat him half to death but he just kept getting back up and running hard. He is kind of an elusive , slippery type of runner. Then there are the Justice boys. Those guys will lay the wood to the opposition.

So will it be the Bobcats of the first five games or the last five games that show up? ;)