Oliver Springs @ Cumberland Gap

The Sports Guy

I know that OS has been tested by a lot of good teams. Who has CG played that compares with some of the teams on Oliver Springs' schedule?

I would say South Greene, Happy Valley and Gatlinburg Pittman (who Oliver Springs defeated in the first game of the season). It should be a very hard fought game. I'll give my complete analysis and prediction in about 30 minutes. ;)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, the playoffs are here. Everybody (that's left) is 0-0. So this in turn is a new season. Cumberland Gap ended the season on a 9 game winning streak. Oliver Springs lost 4 of their last 5. So momentum goes to CG. I saw where CAK lit up Oliver Spriings through the air. CG runs a similar style offense. Advantage: CG. Oliver Springs has to make the trip to Cumberland Gap. Advantage: CG. Oliver Springs has a great defense with two great linebackers. Advantage: OS. Oliver Springs runs the bal very well. Advantage OS. Pretty even huh? So I'm gonna say that CG will go into this game ready to stop the run and play with a lot of emotion. This is their first ever home playoff game. The atmosphere should be electric. I hope so anyway. CG has worked their butts off this year to win this region and finish 9-1. Could very well be 10-0 if not for a few missed opportunities in the first game of the season. It all boils down to this, if you don't win, your season is over. These CG boys will fight and play their hearts out because I know they want to keep playing. I'm gonna say that it's close at first, then CG pulls away later in the game. Go Panthers and let's bring this one home. :thumb:

CG-42

OS-14

Panther Pride!!!!!!

Oliver Springs has to run the football successfully to have any chance at winning.Their passing offense is really nothing more than throw it up and hope for the best.(28 of 65 443 yds. 5 td's 9 int's) Cumberland Gap gives up around 50 rushing yards per game. Lynn Haynes is a really good running back but not the first 1000 yard rusher this defense has faced.On defense Oliver Springs is probably as solid up front as anybody Cumberland Gap has played but their secondary is suspect. I would expect Oliver Springs will grind away with Haynes while Cumberland Gap picks on the bobcat's secondary. In the end I think the physical nature of the ballgame (physical running back against a run stopping defense) bodes well for Cumberland Gap. In the end I don't think Oliver Springs running game will be able to keep pace with coach Cline's spread offense.

Panthers--35

Bobcats--20

Hey pujo, just wondering where you saw that OS was a 1 point favorite? I'd like to see that if they're giving odds somewhere!!!

The Sonny Moore ratings by this time of the season are scarry accurate. Thats wfere I got it. There are some teams who let up fast and let other teams score. but all in all its real good. I' ve watched it for about three seasons. Check it out .you might be suprised.

The Sonny Moore ratings by this time of the season are scarry accurate. Thats wfere I got it. There are some teams who let up fast and let other teams score. but all in all its real good. I' ve watched it for about three seasons. Check it out .you might be suprised.

Thanks. What's the website???

Thanks. What's the website???

Go to TSSAA and then Polls and ratings. You might even want to go to links. There are about 7 different ones. They get real good . Ido know one team who has fed the computer lies all season. Give up alot of bogus points to weak teams and it hurts their ratings.