Oliver Springs @ Cumberland Gap

The Sports Guy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gap began improving in the Second Half against Coalfield. They haven't stopped improving. O.S. peaked against Coalfield and has been declining since that game. Gap wins by a touchdown.

If you want to compare scores, check out OS VRS Pittman and then look at CP AND Pittman..Three teams in Region 1 beat GP pretty handily. I think Region 1 is a little better than usual. Really don't make any difference,Alcoa will be standing and everyone else will be watching.

If you want to compare scores, check out OS VRS Pittman and then look at CP AND Pittman..Three teams in Region 1 beat GP pretty handily. I think Region 1 is a little better than usual. Really don't make any difference,Alcoa will be standing and everyone else will be watching.

:ph34r: ...lol... :D ...they're a pretty good team...lol...They only have 5 or 6 D1 guys this year!!!

I don't necessarily think that OS peaked early. It's just that they played their four toughest games in the final six weeks.

People say that CG is similar to CAK in their passing attack. Do they do a lot of 8-yard deep shotgun with quick reads where the pass rush can't get to the QB or are they more of an under-center team. If they do a lot from under center or they take a lot of time reading the defense then OS will be able to bring the heat.

If they're truly like CAK then OS had better do a lot of things differently in their secondary. They didn't really mix things up a lot against CAK and that allowed Harb to pick them apart because their pass rush couldn't get to a QB that was 8 yards deep and throwing quick.

The Gap has been improving since the end of the first game this season when Coalfield fell just out of reach. The Panthers "D" is absolutely gonna be lethal against the run. This will not be the same team that won a Region Championship, I think it will be a team that is truly ready to show that they can play with ANYBODY.

One real difference between Ryan Hoskins and Richard Harb is their running ability. Hoskins just passed Harb to become PrepXtra's # 1 passer, but Hoskins has also rushed 99 times, and is second on the Panthers in that department.

He's a tough kid with a good arm, and he makes a lot of good decisions quickly. IMO, he adds another deminsion that will leave the Bobcats scratching their heads.

Harb (CAK) is a great quarterback. There are very few in the state as good as he is. He has picked a lot of defenses apart this year. So to compare him to CG is just unbalanced. If they were not in the same bracket as Alcoa, I would say CAK would go very deep in the playoffs this year. The CAK game wasn't as bad as the score indicates if I remember right. You're right about comparing wins against different teams. A lot of times it's about matchups. But that is also true about records in different regions. OS lost to the top 3 teams in Region 2 and a AAA Kingston team barely. Alcoa and Loudon are in a league of their own. Loudon and Alcoa will crush their Region 2 opponents. CG will be tough and this one will come down to the end but I think OS gets it with a little luck. OS 24-23

Goose,

Hoskins runs from both the gun and under center. They have quick read passess and a dangerous run and shoot style when they want to use it. Hoskins is a gutsy, brute to bring down. The second half of the first game he ripped some yardage running and passing. They are a much better team than anyone is giving them credit.

As for O.S. peaking early. They played the weakest teams first? Here is how Coacht analyzes their schedule.

http://www.coacht.com/inside/schedule_anal...D=1&SeasonID=41

They played 5 teams with winning records, 5 with marginal to losing records. One of those with a winning record was a 1a school and district champs. They are fourth in a region where all the teams that beat them are also in the playoffs, the ones that didn't aren't there. They peaked against one of their better opponents, a 1a school and made no great showing against Rockwood or Sweetwater two of the weakest teams in the region winning by a touchdown or less. This happening after the Coalfield game. Yea, they peaked, and CG has kept on chugging winning all but two of their games with a score of over a touchdown. Again, nobody is giving the Gap credit but they are an extremely good football team.

Edited by CYJacket

Some people may be suprised at South Greene and Happy Valley, both are pretty good.

You're right again pujo!

JMO, but I believe Cumberland Gap & South Greene will advance, and Happy Valley will give Loudon a run for their money!

Won't jaws drop if Alcoa is the only 2AA team left standing after week 1?

Edited by The Sports Guy