Why do people not think Union City is not good?

I have to say this right now to let yall hear it Union City played Liberty Tech this year and beat them by 15plus points and Liberty had everybodyBrandon Evans,Jewon Long,even their coach but Union City is sorry and Liberty is suppose to be up their ranked with Bolivar. Let me hear what yall have to say.....

I wouldn't say people hate Union City. I'm not trying to start anything, but just giving you a honest opinion. Last year, Union City talked a lot on here, and wondered why nobody said they were as good as Bolivar, Haywood, and a few others. The simple answer was that their schedule was weak. They have to play those teams to get the respect. The weak schedule did not prepare them for the post-season, and so they ended the season early. Now this year, I see they start off with Bolivar, Haywood, and then Liberty 2 games later. This should prepare them. If they beat those teams, then congratulations, if not then don't come on here saying why doesn't everyone give us respect. In all honesty, I think Union City is good, and they have a legitimate shot at winning state in Class A. Even though, the only 2 games I saw them play last year, happened to be against Calloway County, KY and against Ripley, that last game. That should explain why I am not putting them on the same level with Bolivar, Haywood, and Liberty. So my opinion at this point is that I think Union City will start off the year 1-3. And after that I think they will still have a great chance at winning state. Now again this just my opinion. If they beat one of those 3, I can come on here and say congratulations. I would not be shocked if they win one of those games, but I don't think they will. Please don't try to prove me wrong by typing a message on this board, just play on the court.

Union City is talented, but in agreeing with the last post, needs to look for respect on the floor first, then in the public/media's eyes.

Also, why are you looking for comparison with Haywood and Bolivar (I don't include Liberty, who has yet to make it to a sub-state game, much less the state tournament)? Your district has a couple of possible snags as well: Lake County and Humboldt. Lake Co. was within a few points of Murfreesboro last year themselves (losing to eventual champ Middleton), while Humboldt went to the state in AA and return three players from that run, plus a 6-5 transfer. Good single A district - look closer to home for respect.

I think this is a joke to even start a post like this..I haven't seen a post yet that said U.C. wasn't going to be good..Everything I have seen has them,L.C.,Humbolt,and Middleton at the top..What more do you want?A lot of them even have you winning the district and going to the Boro..Most seem to think your team will miss Colby..but maybe not.....I doubt you will have L.C. balla saying he thinks U.C. will win...I don't believe Whitby will like that if he did....I'm expecting a great district, not just with U.C. but with Humbolt,Trenton,Halls...and we had all better come to play in places like Bradford,Greenfield..etc...or we will all be coming home with losses...

This thread should have never even been started.....First Off NOONE thinks Union City is "not good"...As a matter of fact, I know that people have said Union City is the favorite in the district and IMO the favorite to win state this year.....So please try and be more educated in what you think you know......

Edited by treefitty74