Ooltewah @ farragut

denlron

Yes, Farragut has beaten the Owls twice since this region was re-aligned, last season and earlier this year. Both losses have really stuck in the crawl of the players on this team. I don't think they feel they have given their best effort in either of those games. I think they will get the "Monkey" off their back friday much like Peyton did last night. GO OWLS!

yes Farragut has beaten Owls twice since region was re alighned but Owls have also beaten OR 6 times?? like a mutual fund statement past result are no indication of future performance )

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of reasons come to mind regarding the so called "farragut haters."

1. Farragut players tend to talk very trashy about upcoming opponents both on Coach T and in the local press. People have called OR cocky, but I don't believe you will see any player mentioned in any local paper talking how bad they are going to beat, or even beat an opponent.

2. Several Farragut posters have a pretty bad post about opponents. It is rare that you see some of the Farragut posters ever have anything nice to say about opponents in their region. Now, not all of the posters, but the ones who really like to dig. All schools have them.

Oak Ridge has to play one of these teams. Obviously they would rather play Ootlewah as they would like a rematch over their loss. Farragut players went out of their way to talk down OR prior to their match and they did not even score.

Farragut has a top notch program with top notch players and coaches. But until they starting treating others with the respect they want, it will not happen.

Just my opinion, and like other things, everbody has one. :thumb:

Hey ORCat,

I am fairly new to Coach T, but in following the board this fall, and in reading articles in the KNS and Farragut Press, I have not witnessed much in the way of cockiness from Farragut players toward their opponents. The one possible exception to this was the 1 comment made by Reviez in the Farragut Press on motivation before the OR game. That comment I did think was wrong, stupid and ill advised, but it was just one comment from one player. However, as a general rule I disagree and don't think cockiness is a problem for Farragut players as a whole this year. ( I don't know about other recent years, because before Coach T it was hard to follow them ).

Same thing for the fans. I for one as a former Farragut player in the 80's have the utmost respect for the teams Farragut plays, and especially the traditional rivals like Bearden and Oak Ridge. While Farragut has had a few good playoff runs to the Qtrs. and Semis over the years, we have never won a state championship in football, so how could we as fans not have respect for other programs, especially programs like Oak Ridge. Even though we may intensely dislike Oak Ridge as our biggest rival and nemisis, we still must respect them. I know that I do, even though I happened to play on one of the few Farragut teams with a rare victory over OR.

I guess overall I just don't see nearly the level smack talk and cockiness in Farragut that you do. In fact, I would argue that there is a greater degree of shall we say "extreme confidence" shown by the OR fans, albeit (mostly justified and backed up) than by Farragut fans. Obviously, you guys have much more to be "extremely confident" (aka. cocky) about. :thumb:

Good luck to you guys against SC. I think you'll win that game fairly easily.

Edited by FHS_Admiral

I hate the travel associated with this region but I am glad we get to play top programs with tradition and good success. It has made Ooltewah football much better IMO. I do look for Friday's game to be a good one. Of course, I hope the Owls win. I don't expect anything less than a good hard fought game out of Farragut, they are a quality team. Unfortunately they got to play Oak Ridge after a shocking loss to Ooltewah. I think the Ads are a better team than they showed that night.

I know for a fact that the PLAYERS and COACHES from Ooltewah have great respect for the Admirals football team.

Farragut comes into this game knowing they can beat the Owls. They did that several weeks ago. The Owls come into this game knowing they've got several quality wins over the past few weeks, and they have proven to themselves they can play better football than what they did in week 8.

The only people that talk smack and may not respect the each team are a few of the "fans" on CoachT.

I know Ooltewah is NOT looking past Farragut to Oak Ridge. They still remember Week 8 very clearly.

Go Owls!

I know for a fact that the PLAYERS and COACHES from Ooltewah have great respect for the Admirals football team.

Farragut comes into this game knowing they can beat the Owls. They did that several weeks ago. The Owls come into this game knowing they've got several quality wins over the past few weeks, and they have proven to themselves they can play better football than what they did in week 8.

The only people that talk smack and may not respect the each team are a few of the "fans" on CoachT.

I know Ooltewah is NOT looking past Farragut to Oak Ridge. They still remember Week 8 very clearly.

Go Owls!

I'm expecting a tremendous high school football game this week. I sure do wish I could be there !!! Farragut won big the last time but the margin of that victory was somewhat due to the Owls own self inflicted wounds (turnovers). In a game with an even turnover margin (say perhaps 1 a piece) then I expect a very tight struggle. I think the margin of victory will be about 3 points. I think this game is so close that it's 50-50 and could go either way. I'm just hoping the Admirals come out on top. I'd really like to see Farragut get an opportunity to redeem themselves a little and play much better game against Oak Ridge in the Qtrs.

Here's to a well played, hard hitting, but injury free contest, between two excellent high school football teams !!! Hope the Owls fans all have a safe trip up to Farragut.

Go Admirals !!! Sail on in the Qtrs. 24-21 !!!

Pssssssst. By the way, if the Owls do get past us this week, I will definitely have to root for them in the rematch with OR. I greatly respect OR but I could NEVER root for them !!! :thumb:

Edited by FHS_Admiral

Will Farragut have a good showing for this game?

I would expect a really good fan showing for this game. I haven't lived in Farragut or been to an FHS game for a number of years now, but I can't imagine FHS having less fan support than when I played in the early 80's. The community is so much bigger now than it was then.

The stadium, if I remember correctly seats around 6500 and I can remember playing in the Oak Ridge game in 1981 (Farragut won 35-7, broke OR's 29 game win streak, and went to the AAA semis that year), and we had around 10,000 in attendence for the game. People were standing and jammed all around the outer fence of the stadium.

I would imagine that a playoff game like this against Ooltewah, would draw at least a full capacity crowd of 6500, if not bigger. My advice would be to get there pretty early.

Yes, this will be a great game. Being from SE TN, I hope I'm not right, but I think the Ads are going to right there ship this week and the Owls will tumble.

The Ads stop the run and Ooltewah throws a couple of interceptions late, causing a close win by Farragut. Ooltewah makes the attempt to run and pass it up the field in the closing seconds, but needing a touchdown instead of a field goal they have to go for it on 4th and 7 on the 15 yard line. the Owls pass is complete but comes up inches short and Farragut wins.

Or something like that...

I would say this if Farragut cannot force a few turnovers, like I suggested above, this game could be quite different. As good as Farragut's defense was, I don't think it was as good overall as Dobyns Bennett's last week. So, they must stop the Owls from getting on any kind of roll, or they could find a lot of points put up in a short time.

Ooltewah is susceptible to the pass, and if Farragut exploits it without Ooltewah getting some key stops, they will have a hard time winning this game.

Still, my prediction stands, as I stated above. (Just in case I'm wrong, I picked Ooltewah on The Big Ones Contest -- I know; I know; a cop out ;) )

ooltewah wouldn't be as susceptible to the pass if they would blitz and get more pressure on the qb, it seems as if you never see any of the linebackers blitzing..last year with gatewood, burke, mcdade, and ibarguen would constantly be in the backfield causing pressure..i believe this is what ooltewah needs a little more of