Powell vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry FB i don't go to Halls, didn't go to Halls nor do I live in the community of Halls. Sure Powell beat Halls, but what does that mean exactly? Halls didn't have all the "TALK" and hype at the beginning of the season to have a chance @ dethroning Maryville as the best in the region. Halls doesn't have the "ATHLETES" Powell supposedly has. Halls was picked by most to finish either 5th or 6th in the region. They didn't have All-American motor mouths like Courtney, or bad sportsmanship people like Smith, Watts, and Lowe. The only thing Halls had was a bunch of slow, corn fed, non-athletic, country redneck white boys. I would say Halls "OVERACHIEVED" during the regular season as POWELL UNDERACHIEVED OR was OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!1

reddevilfever,

You make some good points about the athletic analysis of Halls and Powell. But i think Halls had more athletes this year than in the past few years. This was a good group of players that accomplished a lot this year. It just so happened, Powell go the luck of the draw - had Halls won by 2 points instead of losing by 2 points to Powell, then Halls could be playing at Murville this week not Powell.

fbemeritus,

Yes Halls is taking up their equipment this week, and don't be surprised if Powell is not taking theirs next week and Central is taking theirs up the next week.

The big picture - 32 teams get in the playoffs, ONLY ONE WINS their last game. The only difference in losing the first round game and the semi-final game is the agony is delayed by 3 weeks. Now when you get to the big show, the difference is a silver ball and a gold ball. Murville has many gold ones and a silver one. Halls has 1 gold and 1 silver. HOW MANY DO POWELL AND CENTRAL have combined?

You have posted that pic like 20 times now

Dude for real your 45 years old find something better to do with your life

Then stop being a smart-alecky on my post and stay off my topics.

A picture is worth a thousand words and if you can't take it then go back to your Powell QB worship. Sounds a little on the sweet side to me dba "Maryvillewho".

Maybe you can go out on a date after next Friday when Powells season comes to an end. :D

My bad coachT!

Edited by rigger101

reddevilfever,

You make some good points about the athletic analysis of Halls and Powell. But i think Halls had more athletes this year than in the past few years. This was a good group of players that accomplished a lot this year. It just so happened, Powell go the luck of the draw - had Halls won by 2 points instead of losing by 2 points to Powell, then Halls could be playing at Murville this week not Powell.

fbemeritus,

Yes Halls is taking up their equipment this week, and don't be surprised if Powell is not taking theirs next week and Central is taking theirs up the next week.

The big picture - 32 teams get in the playoffs, ONLY ONE WINS their last game. The only difference in losing the first round game and the semi-final game is the agony is delayed by 3 weeks. Now when you get to the big show, the difference is a silver ball and a gold ball. Murville has many gold ones and a silver one. Halls has 1 gold and 1 silver. HOW MANY DO POWELL AND CENTRAL have combined?

msgov, I was referring to "alot" of people at the beginning of the year saying Halls has no athletes. I guess to be considered an athlete you must run a 4.3 or 4.4 in the 40. And I think many teams found out that this "non-athletic" football team was pretty decent considering they have "no athletes". Winning or losing is not what makes me sick of Powell, it is the people with the character like Lowe, Smith, Watts, and Courtney. If I were Powell I would be ashamed of having these people associated with my program, PERIOD!!