Sevier County @ Oak Ridge

orcats2005

Focus on one game at a time. Do not look back at what happened during the season and get lulled into complacency. The Bears are a dangerous team or they would not have made it this far, same for Oak Ridge.

The 'Ship is the place to be this Friday night, great weather, great food, great atmosphere, great fans (both teams) and most of all GREAT FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL! Come on out and enjoy the game. <_<

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the game at halftime looked over during th OR and Owls game too. you gotta play 60 minutes in region 2 to see if it is over. but about the thread Sevier co 21 - OR 35

Something the Owls have been yet to do all year really think it will be a thing of beauty when the do but if they don't do it the next 4 weeks it's basketball season talent only gets you so far.

I fully agree, but I don't think Sevier County has the explosive offensive firepower that Ooltewah brings to the field.

Sevier is very solid and has had a great year, and yes Oak Ridge better come to play the full game, or they could be surprised. But if they bury them early, I don't think Sevier has enough weapons to recover.

If Ooltewah Excecutes they have the firepower to put 50pts on anyone in state (riverdale included) Probably the best all around every position talent I have seen since 1997 Soddy-Daisy team that lost to RB to ruin undefeated season names like Lydell and Avery Blue, Brent Maynor, Conal Jones, Jim Higgins, Jarvis and Duran Smith that team was loaded at every position like Owls just couldn't put it together to finish the deal after a coaching change before their senior year. Owls are fortunate that even though Gatewood is a great Coach Monroe is just as good SD couldn't say that going from Bill Price to Glen Ryan.

If Ooltewah Excecutes they have the firepower to put 50pts on anyone in state (riverdale included) Probably the best all around every position talent I have seen since 1997 Soddy-Daisy team that lost to RB to ruin undefeated season names like Lydell and Avery Blue, Brent Maynor, Conal Jones, Jim Higgins, Jarvis and Duran Smith that team was loaded at every position like Owls just couldn't put it together to finish the deal after a coaching change before their senior year. Owls are fortunate that even though Gatewood is a great Coach Monroe is just as good SD couldn't say that going from Bill Price to Glen Ryan.

Who Cares!! will see you in 2 weeks, but first we have some tuff bears to deal with

or 48

sc 21

Man... A lotta tough talk from a bunch that got smoked just a few short weeks ago at Farragut. SC fans could only hope OR is looking ahead this much. I'm gonne make a prediction. The winner of this game will play the Admirals. Must be something in the "water" down towards Ruby Falls.

SC is pretty healthy and as I'm sure everyone knows is a team that leans heavily on the defense. The offense is somewhat erratic. After the game last friday night the playing time of former #1 QB (Chaney) could be very limited. He looked rattled and didn't see any time after the fumble that gave WB their 1st TD just before half.

SC line did a poor job of run blocking vs. WB. Gotta do a better job vs. OR. Pass protection was nearly flawless. I'll bet OR will send more pressure than WB did if the game is close. You can't let Watson run around until he can make a play.

What about the Bears? Are they healthy? Can they slow Gulmire down because you cannot stop him?

SC is pretty healthy realatively speaking. The only player I am unsure of is their starting center/nose tackle, #50 Daniel Adams. He left the WB game in the second half with what appeared to be a knee injury and did not return. If he doesn't play then that is a big loss as we are thin in the line anyway and that would likely force a true freshman to start at center.

As far as the game I will be surprised if the Bears are still close going into the 4th quarter. As has been the case the last four years SC does not have a prolific enough passing game to attack the Wildcat secondary consistently (SC's success in the past against OR was predicated on being able to pass, see Ooltewah's success this year also). We are not physical enough to run the ball down their throat without that threat neither so I fear OR will walk their LB's up to the line and stuff our veer and then lay their ears back on third and long. On top of all of that the last four games we have been out of sinc and unable to sustain drives due to poor execution and TO's. In all honesty, this side of the ball has just been very average lately and almost cost us last week except for their late game heroics.

The defensive side of the ball is this team's strength and it is the unit that has performed the most consistently through out the season. Our run defense has been especially good but this will be their biggest challenge of the year by far. We played a 3-5 defense against the Govs last week with pretty good results (Walker had a few good runs) but I don't believe that same scheme will work against Gulmire. That is the same defense that the Ads deployed and #1 ripped them a new one with all of those toss sweeps. If we are depending on our DE's to contain Gulmire on those toss sweeps after he has gotten a full head of steam it will be a long night in deed. The only chance we have IMO is with sticking more in than box and playing man-on-man coverage and hope the other Gulmire has an off night. Pick your poison I guess but stopping the run is imperative!

However, as 5743 has already said the only way I see this game being close is if OR overlooks us or has a bad game. Too talented and now hungry I am afraid. I am hoping it will be a game more reminiscent of the '00, '02 playoff games and not a repeat of the '03, '04 blow outs. Either way SC has had a really good year.

What is up with Ooltewah? This is a OR vs SC thread and three Owl fans have already posted on here. Does Ooltewah think they are Oak Ridge's Daddy?

You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge! You beat Oak Ridge!

Is Ooltewah really Oak Ridge's Daddy?

Or did they awake a sleeping giant?

I ONLY posted on here saying IF the Owls win...either an OR or SC fan said something about a rematch with Ooltewah...and I was only saying IF Ooltewah won...don't start talking about the Ooltewah posters...except denlron..he talks too much!