Franklin @ Ravenwood

Alright after round 1 both teams came out with convincing wins, it is a rematch from week 2 where everyone remembers that the raptors came out and won it on a two point conversion in the second overtime. Franklin has been wanting this game back for awhile and now it is there time to try and get it but this time it will be in ravenwood's house and rhs will more then likely have daniel becker the whole game this time (daniel got hurt near the end of the 1st or start of the second quarter against franklin). So i ask every1 for their predictions. I wish i could be at this game, gonna be outta town. But my prediction is 33-14 ravenwood on top.

Edited by RavenRapOnTheMap32

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright after round 1 both teams came out with convincing wins, it is a rematch from week 2 where everyone remembers that the raptors came out and won it on a two point conversion in the second overtime. Franklin has been wanting this game back for awhile and now it is there time to try and get it but this time it will be in ravenwood's house and rhs will more then likely have daniel becker the whole game this time (daniel got hurt near the end of the 1st or start of the second quarter against franklin). So i ask every1 for their predictions. I wish i could be at this game, gonna be outta town. But my prediction is 33-14 ravenwood on top.

I believe it will come down to one key turnover being the difference in the game. Should definitely be more points than that first battle. But I gotta go with my Rebels winning it by 3.

I would hope that Franklin can learn from its mistakes in the regular season game as far as the secondary coverage and blitz packages. "Keep it in front of you" is not going to work against TC Jennings. If Franklin plays a tight man then I think TC will get frustrated and have to try to run on his own. When you accomplish that .... I think you win. Franklin still making too many mistakes. Tonight against Antioch it should have been 41-7 but a series of miscues allowed Antioch to stay in the game despite being dramatically outmatched.

Prediction:

Ravenwood takes the dirt nap in this one. Danial Becker, TC Jennings, can't get it done. Franklin simply buries Ravenwood! Game and season over! :thumb:

Franklin's season will end Friday night. Remember this team lost to a bad Father Ryan team.

That was early season honestly. Both of these teams are much improved over the season and about the earlier post about TC getting frustrated. Not gonna happen. Tc is not the guy who is gonna get frustrated. And daniel is gonna get the job done. You dont come back after a devestating ankle injury while probably losing a few college interests and have a "bad game". That is why i see ravenwood big in this. That and they my team. :lol:

This game is a toss up. Nothing would surprise me as far the scoreboard goes. Either team can win this game. Franklin has its strengths & weaknesses as does Ravenwood. Bottom line on this game is going to be who makes the fewest mistakes. Nobody can say that say that one team is definately better than the other. Both teams have big playmakers. It will be fun to see the chess matches between the coaches & their game plans. I think Ravenwood is pretty healthy & I am not sure about Franklin. Any key players out for Franklin that anyone knows about?

I would hope that Franklin can learn from its mistakes in the regular season game as far as the secondary coverage and blitz packages. "Keep it in front of you" is not going to work against TC Jennings. If Franklin plays a tight man then I think TC will get frustrated and have to try to run on his own. When you accomplish that .... I think you win. Franklin still making too many mistakes. Tonight against Antioch it should have been 41-7 but a series of miscues allowed Antioch to stay in the game despite being dramatically outmatched.

You must have smoked something on the way to the game, and throughout the game. You are right that a series of miscues changed the game...exept it was a series of Antioch miscues that lost the game for them. One big play, and, I believe, 3 turnovers gave the game to Franklin. If it was up to Franklin to stop Preston Brown, he is still out on the field running right now. They never slowed him down. He rushed for nearly 200 yards, made that poor safety look like an idiot on ONE of his long runs, and if Antioch had a QB that was good enough to start for a decent middle school team, Franklin is packing up the gear today. I was honestly surprised that Franklin wasn't better than they showed Friday. Take away a mistake filled 2nd quarter and what happens to the "outmatched" Bears? #1 and #5can play but Mikrut is tremendously overrated. Ravenwood mops the field with them this week.

You must have smoked something on the way to the game, and throughout the game. You are right that a series of miscues changed the game...exept it was a series of Antioch miscues that lost the game for them. One big play, and, I believe, 3 turnovers gave the game to Franklin. If it was up to Franklin to stop Preston Brown, he is still out on the field running right now. They never slowed him down. He rushed for nearly 200 yards, made that poor safety look like an idiot on ONE of his long runs, and if Antioch had a QB that was good enough to start for a decent middle school team, Franklin is packing up the gear today. I was honestly surprised that Franklin wasn't better than they showed Friday. Take away a mistake filled 2nd quarter and what happens to the "outmatched" Bears? #1 and #5can play but Mikrut is tremendously overrated. Ravenwood mops the field with them this week.

Well, not a Franklin fan or Ravenwood fan, You have crossed the line, saying a player looked like an idiot, and saying that Antioch's quarterback could not start for a middle school team. I am not the poster police, this kind of talk is ridiculous. By the way, the best team wins football games, Franklin obviously had the best team on Friday night. Maybe Franklin's game plan was to stop everyone but Brown, knowing Brown was going to get his

Well, not a Franklin fan or Ravenwood fan, You have crossed the line, saying a player looked like an idiot, and saying that Antioch's quarterback could not start for a middle school team. I am not the poster police, this kind of talk is ridiculous. By the way, the best team wins football games, Franklin obviously had the best team on Friday night. Maybe Franklin's game plan was to stop everyone but Brown, knowing Brown was going to get his

I didn't say he WAS an idiot. I said Brown made him look like one. He made three cuts and the kidspun around, tripped and fell down trying to stay with him. You obviously haven't seen Antioch play or you would have to agree with my assessment of #15's ability as a QB. It's not his talent that makes him so bad, it is his decision making. The thing that is ridiculous is that people like you think we have to molly-coddle high school players feelings. The Antioch QB makes horrible decisions...that's not mean, it's just fact. The FHS player looked like an uncoordinated clod trying to stay with Brown. That's not mean it's just a fact (most people I've seen trying to tackle him look the same way.) As for who won the game...except for the 2nd quarter AHS was the better team most of the night. Add in the 2nd quarter and AHS was so bad that FHS probably was the overall better team. The thing I was countering was his assessment that FHS clearly overmatched Antioch. Not true at all (and I have no ties to either team.) If what they did Friday is all FHS has, then they will be packing their gear next Monday.

Edited by Lifer

I didn't say he WAS an idiot. I said Brown made him look like one. He made three cuts and the kidspun around, tripped and fell down trying to stay with him. You obviously haven't seen Antioch play or you would have to agree with my assessment of #15's ability as a QB. It's not his talent that makes him so bad, it is his decision making. The thing that is ridiculous is that people like you think we have to molly-coddle high school players feelings. The Antioch QB makes horrible decisions...that's not mean, it's just fact. The FHS player looked like an uncoordinated clod trying to stay with Brown. That's not mean it's just a fact (most people I've seen trying to tackle him look the same way.) As for who won the game...except for the 2nd quarter AHS was the better team most of the night. Add in the 2nd quarter and AHS was so bad that FHS probably was the overall better team. The thing I was countering was his assessment that FHS clearly overmatched Antioch. Not true at all (and I have no ties to either team.) If what they did Friday is all FHS has, then they will be packing their gear next Monday.

Yes Mr. Brown has made a few players look less athletic than himself, and Ravenwood would have some players look the same way trying to tackle him. I do not agree with as you put it Molly oddling the football players, well, whoever you are, all I ask is for your honest opinion and to not hide behind a screen name.

You are probably one of those guys who never played quarteback and have no idea about making decisions under pressure when someone is coming after you. If you are going to insult a player, it would be respectful if that player cold at least know who is saying it. It is people like me that understand that even Brett Farve has had game when he made some bad decisions, and the Pack lost the game and you are insulting a High school player for making the same mistake, I say this to you, get out of your armchair and go make some plays yourself.