Fulton @ Knox Catholic

SliderSport

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well im not one of the "arrogant fulton fans" that youre talking about b/c i rarely post on here anymore (and when i do its never "my team is the ultimate and everyone stinks", most fulton posters i see stray from that to be honest)... but ill step up to the plate.

catholic beat us. what do you want us to say? the refs called a pretty fair game. theyre never perfect. the only direction for the finger to point is on our own selves. we blew it. some of our mistakes opened too many doors for catholic. catholic caught a lot of breaks... thats just the way the ball bounces sometimes. again, what do you want us to say? Catholic played great, theyre coached very well. they came out friday night and beat us. it was a very close game.

how did bearden fare in their game friday night? :lol:

and to the guy who said fulton is just a bunch of future criminals... id like to know what youre basing that on? does it have to do with race, income, or the fact that fulton is an "inner-city" school? as long as youre passing judgments i think you should explain youre reasoning. a lot of those guys are good friends of mine and i think if you knew them, youd probably hold your tongue before talking out of your butt.

and to the guy who said fulton is just a bunch of future criminals... id like to know what youre basing that on? does it have to do with race, income, or the fact that fulton is an "inner-city" school? as long as youre passing judgments i think you should explain youre reasoning. a lot of those guys are good friends of mine and i think if you knew them, youd probably hold your tongue before talking out of your butt.

Get'em ;)

I was at the game Friday night and it was a good ball game. But IMHO the best team lost, now I'm not a Catholic or a Fulton fan but I think the only team that has beat Catholic physically all year was Fulton both times they played, I thought Fulton beat themselves and at the same time Coach Pemberton called a great game. Did'nt understand the defense Fulton played the last 45 seconds but that was not there only mistakes, Fulton lost b/c they beat themselves, dont get me wrong Catholic has a great team and #22 is a D-1 player, but if they played 5 times Fulton wins 3, of course this means nothing b/c Catholic was the best team on Friday, good luck Irish against L.A do not take them lightly.

I was at the game Friday night and it was a good ball game. But IMHO the best team lost, now I'm not a Catholic or a Fulton fan but I think the only team that has beat Catholic physically all year was Fulton both times they played, I thought Fulton beat themselves and at the same time Coach Pemberton called a great game. Did'nt understand the defense Fulton played the last 45 seconds but that was not there only mistakes, Fulton lost b/c they beat themselves, dont get me wrong Catholic has a great team and #22 is a D-1 player, but if they played 5 times Fulton wins 3, of course this means nothing b/c Catholic was the best team on Friday, good luck Irish against L.A do not take them lightly.

I agree SKEWBY ...Fulton is a real dominate team the last few years and not knocking the QB b/c he will be a good one in the near future but I thought that somebody would beat them because they couldn't pass like they did when Ish Young played.

I watched LA play both Fulton and Catholic. And I'm glad our boys don't have to go back to play Fulton. Not saying that LA can beat Catholic but Fulton is the best team in the state IMO. For whatever reason I don't know. Losing Young cost them a 3 peat IMO.

Yes Harrison Smith is a good college prospect if he chooses to go that route. He ran over LA pretty good in the first game. Hopefully we can contain him a little better this time.

The sad part is he is as good defensively as he is on offense. He is one of the best 2 way players that I have seen in a long time.

I too was at the game. Both teams played hard and congrats to both teams. Saw plenty of sportsmanship by both teams as they seem to respect each other. Fulton was well coached. However, I don't think you could say the better team lost, because this game ended the way it should have- a one point victory. Fulton had better athletes, but in my opinion Catholic is one of the most disciplined and conditioned teams I have seen this year. And #22 is a great player, he had receptions in key plays including the TD that everyone knew would be thrown his way all 4 plays if needed, and he had a few major hits. But I do think coaching in this game was the difference- taking nothing away from Fulton coach. Catholic players just seemed more ready to play. As Archie Griffin said "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"!

Hey Scooby-Doo

Good to see you're still around. I thought you'd be at a Kingston basketball game or something. By the way, you don't have to say the same thing 3 times for us to understand it.