Marion County @ Tyner

Tynerfan99

TynerRamFan, Are you going to make it to the game? I think that I remember you saying that your brother plays the quads in the drumline, will the band do their regular performance at half-time. In particular, will the drumline do their thing?

Of course I will be there! There's only so many more Friday nights this season I get to watch football. That's me with the brother in the band. Yeah they are performing, as far as I know the drumline should be performing also.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TynerRamFan, Are you going to make it to the game? I think that I remember you saying that your brother plays the quads in the drumline, will the band do their regular performance at half-time. In particular, will the drumline do their thing?

...Yeah, MC-Dad...I'll be there...I don't have any kin-folk(that I know of) at Tyner but I have been following the program since my boys were there back in the late 80's and early 90's...oldest played football and youngest played basketball...I am sure that "Drumline" will do it's thing on the field...be sure to keep your eye on the "RAM" mascot...he's a trip!!!

...Yeah, MC-Dad...I'll be there...I don't have any kin-folk(that I know of) at Tyner but I have been following the program since my boys were there back in the late 80's and early 90's...oldest played football and youngest played basketball...I am sure that "Drumline" will do it's thing on the field...be sure to keep your eye on the "RAM" mascot...he's a trip!!!

Do you want to offer me 2 fish sandwiches? :lol:

That sounds like a winner. :D Since Jasper BBQ's fish sandwich is not as good as the fine folks from Tyner, I'd have to go with a Jumbo BBQ Pork sandwich. :D Too bad ole' snipe will be at basketball practice or he could join us. Of course, you'd have to make room for his sidkick as well. I never see one without the other... :D

Are you talking about his little skinny football sidekick or his big fat unly basketball sidekick?

Just want to congratulate MC on making it to the second round -- seems like it's been a while. hoping and expecting Tyner to win, but looking for a good game and possibly a closer rivalry in the future!

Thank you Robyn. I think everyone would like for this to be closer rivalry in the years to come. Just remember though, It wasn't too long ago that Marion owned the Rams every year. But like I say, thank you for the kind comment.

Edited by volsbbfan

I remember those days like they were yesterday that Marion was the pain in the backside of Tyner. I remember going to the Marion @ Tyner game in 94, 95, and 96, when Marion was awesome. Then in 97 we all know what happen. Next year Tyner will lose alot of offensive weapons, but have a few very good young guys coming back. Marion is young and has improved alot. I think the region will be up for grabs next year, but hey 5 years in a row, might be 6. :D

Thank you Robyn. I think everyone would like for this to be closer rivalry in the years to come. Just remember though, It wasn't too long ago that Marion owned the Rams every year. But like I say, thank you for the kind comment.

Yup! And it was the attempt to keep up with those mid-90s teams from Marion County that led to the powerhouse '97 RAMS. Better competition in the region will benefit all of the teams. Rather lose a few regular season games and make it to the 'boro because the team has been tested and found their strengths... It'd be good to see MC get back up to (slightly below -- :( ) where they once were!

Edited by Robyn

Good luck to both teams Friday night. We're driving to the end of the world (Smith County) to play. Just glad 3 teams are still left from 2-3A. Hope everyone has a safe game. Tyner looked great against the Bucs when we played. I think MC has gotten better throughout the year and has a lot of momentum right now. Should be a great game. The Bucs wish you both good luck.

No. No. I'm talking about the short, fat one that helps him keep stats at the football games. I don't keep up with Basketball so I'm not sure who helps him at the MS. I thought MR. P (KimP's worse half) was his assistant in round ball.

He has so many sidekicks its hard to keep up with which one your talking about! When he comes out on the bbcourt with his staff, there are more staff than players. Almost looks as if he picked up bouncers from the local watering hole! :) (Wait maybe they look more like Tag Team Wrestlers) :thumb:

Just one more day before the big game. Looks like the weather is going to be good and Tyner is a great place to watch a football game!