Marion County @ Tyner

Tynerfan99

Here is some pointless number crunching.

Since Marion and Tyners last meeting.

Tyner is 5 and 2, Loses to Knox Fulton and McCallie.

Tyner is scoring 30.1 points in those 7 games and allowing 14.7 points per game.

Marion is 6 and 1, with a loss to Notre Dame.

Marion is scoring 22.4 points in those 7 games and allowing 17.4 points per game.

I think the key to this game will be Tyner starting off fast and putting points on the board to try to even out the momentum that Marion will bring.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be a very good game. I don't expect the score to be 42 - 0. I'll give my prediction later in the week.

It sure looks as if Tyner is clicking right now. They have a lot of weapons and plenty of speed at the skill positions. It will be up to Marion to control the ball and play a solid, mistake free game. The "squeaker" at Westmoreland shouldn't be looked at too lightly. They were small but very quick. I would say that man for man, their starting eleven on both sides of the ball are quicker/faster than Tyner. Their linemen were the fastes that I have seen this year, not the strongest, biggest or best, but definitely the fastest.

Marion is playing with a lot more confidence and a lot more heart.

I'm looking forward to the rematch. One thing is for sure...... I'll get to have me another one of those FISH SANDWICHES!!!!! :thumb:

MC-DAD (anxiously awaiting a post from SNIPE)

I hope you plan eating one of these for me? Since I haven't had one in a couple of years but I'm sure they are still the BEST if not better than they were then......

Last time Marion did an alright job defensively against the run offense of Tyner but of course the passing game killed us and back then we were relying more on the spread offense which has kind of been put aside. If Marion comes out with pressure on Craddock and plays good defense then that will give the offense more confidence in the running game and could make a difference.