Hydration Confusion

gumbi1031

I've read the updated hydration rules and am still a little confused on the additional two percent body weight rule. Last year you needed a doctor's note, but now everyone gets it. Is that true even if you are under 7% body fat? Example: wrestler weighs 136 at 5% body fat. Does the additional 2 % body weight allowance apply to allow him to wrestle 135?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the updated hydration rules and am still a little confused on the additional two percent body weight rule. Last year you needed a doctor's note, but now everyone gets it. Is that true even if you are under 7% body fat? Example: wrestler weighs 136 at 5% body fat. Does the additional 2 % body weight allowance apply to allow him to wrestle 135?

NO If the wrestler is under 7% then whatever he weighs is what he wrestles.

yes there i a deadline of Jan. 15th to certify, however is someone moves in,a valid transfer lets say, I belive TSSAA will grant a hardship and let you test.

If you are inelgible because of grades you can still cerify now so you can start your decent in weight. If you wait till the semester you might not have enough time to drop.

Gumbi

The 2% you are asking about has already been figured in to the Min. weight a wrestler can drop on the web site. Wrestlers are told at testing what thier 7% min weight is, but when it is posted on the website the 2% is already figured in so it should be lowwer than what the kid was told at testing. And a kid under 7% does not get the 2% and it is not figured by the the website.

Edited by CHSCOACH

• 1 month later...