Metroman

cobrafan90

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White's Creek seems to have all the peices to make a very successfull season I don't know what happened to them this weekend but maybe this will let them know just how hard they have to work and how disciplined they need to be to excel.Glencliff in my opinion overacheived last year.Carolyn Mills is a great player and even better person,but I am not sure if they can get back to where they were last year in terms of beating the top teams they probably will struggle to make it to the regionals.I know they have a few other talented players on the team but are still lacking and undersized inside.

Whites Creek doesn't always play hard and physical teams are going to give them trouble. They have tons of talent and can beat anyone if they are hitting shots, but disciplined they are not.

Glencliff has one outstanding player with some pretty good talent to back her up. If Mills gets in foul trouble or gets shut down, Glencliff will struggle. They'll upset some people, but won't finish higher than third or fourth.

Hunters Lane is interesting. They have very little perimeter game and their guards are barely adequate. But they can break a press and they are soooo physical. Obviously, they'll win some games.

I still think McGavock is the class of the league. Antioch will win some games, but has very little scoring outside of Johns.

1. McGavock

2. WC

3. HL/Glencliff

4. Glencliff/HL

5. Antioch

Whites Creek doesn't always play hard and physical teams are going to give them trouble. They have tons of talent and can beat anyone if they are hitting shots, but disciplined they are not.

Glencliff has one outstanding player with some pretty good talent to back her up. If Mills gets in foul trouble or gets shut down, Glencliff will struggle. They'll upset some people, but won't finish higher than third or fourth.

Hunters Lane is interesting. They have very little perimeter game and their guards are barely adequate. But they can break a press and they are soooo physical. Obviously, they'll win some games.

I still think McGavock is the class of the league. Antioch will win some games, but has very little scoring outside of Johns.

1. McGavock

2. WC

3. HL/Glencliff

4. Glencliff/HL

5. Antioch

come on now i felt the same way but i dont know now, the creek has real problems, stratford almost beat them then they get blowed out by hunterslane then play mtjuliet tuff as they could but it has to go like this,

1. Mcgavock

2. hunterslane

3. antiock

4. wc/glencliff

5. maplewood

6. stratford

:)

1. McGavock

2. WC

3. HL/Glencliff

4. Glencliff/HL

5. Antioch

well mcgavock came back well after the draining weekend at the tourney and played a good seigle team.

i think whitescreek lost to a 11aaa team in cenntenial seem to me a team that has all that talent might need a coaching change because they didn't lose no one and they have a veterian team back from a run in the region last year.

glencliff came back strong after their loss to popejp2 with a 50 point win.

antiock loss but played a great team in smyrna and will contend with mcgavock and hunterslane for supremacy.

maplewood loss to a weak goodpasture team, good coaching no talent.

hunterslane must have been idle haven't heard anything on them.

stratford must been off also.

hillsboro won and they await a showdon with mcgavock thursday. :ph34r:

Edited by r_oneal27

well mcgavock came back well after the draining weekend at the tourney and played a good seigle team.

i think whitescreek lost to a 11aaa team in cenntenial seem to me a team that has all that talent might need a coaching change because they didn't lose no one and they have a veterian team back from a run in the region last year.

glencliff came back strong after their loss to popejp2 with a 50 point win.

antiock loss but played a great team in smyrna and will contend with mcgavock and hunterslane for supremacy.

maplewood loss to a weak goodpasture team, good coaching no talent.

hunterslane must have been idle haven't heard anything on them.

stratford must been off also.

hillsboro won and they await a showdon with mcgavock thursday. :lol:

well metro i just watched hillsboro blow out mcgavock easily with mooney running the show and the twins playing big. mcgavock has played alot of tough game in a row and maybe now they can cool down and blow out a average maplewood team for some rest. i wonder which whitescreek team will show up in the glencliff match up, who will win. i think whitescreek because they have played the harder competition but its a toss up. :)

• 2 months later...

McGavock will be much harder to plan for with the addition of three new players each of whom can really play.One 5'11" post (Codye) who is very strong and can shoot the three:A lefty 2 guard( Ashley Porter) who plays like a 5'4" Rhonneisha Taylor and Trenisha Benton a can do it all G/F.Ndidi won't have to be awesome every night,McGavock has the best starting five in the region and could go undefeated in district play.Mills vs Mooney comes down to Mooney having better game knowledge and being a better all around player.If she was playing for a school like Glencliff or Maplewood she would shoot more and score more and this conversation about who is better wouldn't be taking place.Mills is a very good offensive player and a good rebounder.She has major D-1 ability but needs to play hard all the time and show her total game on a more consistent basis.

(Codye) That's Coty McClure. She is also class Valedictorian for McGavock 2006. Congrats to her ;)

It was a wonderful and painful season to watch! Go Raiders "2006-2007"

Edited by jlm312