Sullivan South vs. Morristown West

jhite4058

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering if this 2005 team thats doing so well, is better than the South teams that Jeremy Osborne played own. I remember that guy he was a pretty good player. I remember they kicked DB's butt when he was there. Is this team the best South has had? :thumb:

The verdict is still out. We'll have a better feeling about this after tonight and possibly next Friday. The '93 team that went to the state semis and lost to a very good Cleveland team (Cleveland won 3 straight state championships) may be the best we've ever had. They gave Cleveland a very good game that night and Cleveland had one of the best high school teams I've ever seen. Personally, I don't think this South team is as good, but I hope they prove me wrong. I think the best teams are yet to come at South. They are loaded with young talent and more is on the way. Just ask the Seviers, TA Duggers, and Vances (all middle school teams that have had to play Colonial Heights over the past few years).

I agree, it's time to move on.

DB went undefeated in the MLC? How long has it been since they haven't been undefeated in the Big East? It's been a long time.

DB went undefeated this year and last year in Region1-5A. They have only lost 1 conference game in 5 years and have been undefeated in 2005, 2004, 2002, 2001 and 2000. 6 straight conference titles

But this board isn't about DB :thumb:

ok first of all u were sayin that we fumbled 3 times in the last 3 min......nope we fumbled twice in the last 3 min reas the article and i guess u would prob be a db grad sincew u keep bashin south. we beat yall in every column except the score but all in all we sould have won that game stop living in the past and move on with the rest of the season and by the way MoWest's season ends friday night at death valley the place will be packed so get there early

Sounds like you are living in the past as well as Art. Still talking about a game that took place 3 months ago with all the "shoulda and coulda"....that's living in the past. And if they "should" have won the game then why did it not go into the win column for South. I get so tired of hearing that shoulda junk. Tell me some of the shoulda happens....South shoulda hel on to the ball late instead of 3 fumbles...or South shoulda made the extra point (that's the column you didn't win by the way)?...or the refs shoulda called 3 bogus personal fouls against DB late instead of 2 (alot of home cooking in death valley)....or DB shoulda not been able to win with a 2nd string QB...or how bout DB should have had 2 wide open TDs in that game but they didn't. I mean talk about shoulda all you want but that was probably the sloppiest game I have ever witnessed...so neither team should boast.

so for all the DB fans I would think you would be pulling for South to win because if West beats South by more than 1 point then there is a chance that they are better than DB.

c'mon SSREBEL you know better than that logic...if that were true then South should have beat TN High by 48 points since DB beat them by 49. It's all about head-to-head matchups

Alright, lets let South have the thread back and get back to the topic at hand. South vs Mo West. Who has the speed advantage? I don't see that is is lopsided either way.

I have not had any opportunities to see the South team, but I know the West team. Our spped is average at best. We have a few very quick position players, but this years team does not worry about speed.

Our game is a power game from our line to the backs. Ewing is a big back that has respectable speed, but he has learned how to use that big body. I have never seen a high school back go down and take the hits off the pads the way he does. There is no way to arm tackle him. If South does not wrap up, they will not stop Ewing.

Our fullbacks are huge and even more punishing than Ewing. They love to hit and have made good blocks and runs all year.

The o-line has gotten progressively better and are reaching their peak. They know where to be and know how to open the holes the backs need.

Our defense is a swarming defense and moves to the ball extremely well. The line is able to control what the offense can and cannot do. They are very good at getting off their blockers to make a play and are able to open up lanes for the backers.

All of the linebackers are extremely physical and do not care to hit. The secondary has improved all year and have been able to position themselves to make the necessary play.

Forgot the QB -- he is a very quick player and knows the offense. He rarely makes mistakes and those that are made do not usually cost West anything. His arm strength, accuracy, and confidence have improved dramatically through the year and he has become a true leader on the field.

Overall, West has a very sound team.

Again, I have not seen South, but at this point in the playoffs you are where you have played and deserve to be. There is no doubt that South is a good team or they would have already lost. However, they are going to have to play a physical game to have a change against West.

In any event, good luck to both teams. Hopefully, West will come out the with the "W" and the drive home will be an anticlimatic event.

If South is 100%, and if they can minimize penalties, then South can win this game.

Will Mo West be over-confident?

They have not been overconfident with any team we have played yet. At this point in the year and the oponnent getting prgressively better, Coach Woods will not allow them to be overconfident.

He has coached them up and gotten them ready, but I do not see the team looking past this game (may prove incorrect -- this will be seen on the field).

First of all. Unless you wanna talk about the SULLIVAN SOUTH VS MO WEST game tonight there's no need for any input. Everyone over at South is well aware we lost to DB this year. The truth be told we don't care. The only thing on the minds of everyone in Death Valley tonight will be the teams taking the field for what will be the MOST IMPORTANT game of the season for both teams which is always the one on hand. Conversation over, end of story. There are much more important things on the minds of the REBELS. So if you wanna talk about DB move over to the basketball boards and try to figure out how South romped DB last night without our key football players???

Now, speaking of speed I know the Rebels have plenty of it.

On the other hand Mo West is big real big compared to South.

This game should be quite similar for South to the one they played against Sullivan North in which South was outsized as will be tonight. West has 2, I have heard some say 3, big strong backs. South's defense has the ability to stop them dead in there tracks but that is not what I think will be the key to winning this game. The movement of the ball one way or another tonight will be decided in the trenches with the big boys. The way football should be played. South is fast on the D line and strong granted they are not the biggest. If they can blow through the big boys of West there should not be a problem. Even if West can stop that they will have the difficut task of blocking speedy linebacker Paul Wingfield and hard hitting Justin Dykes. Certainly not a simple task but if carried out by West I believe this game will be high scoring and has the potential of coming down to who stops who last. As for West's defense, you'll have your hands full tonight. Come prepared to face an extremely versatile offense. I wish you luck.

One more thing. If you find yourself playing in front of the Sullivan South Student Section be prepared. DEATH VALLEY will be rocking tonight and REBEL NATION will come with it. SOUTHERN PRIDE IS ALIVE.

We've got great pride at South and a great deal of respect for the Morristown West Trojans, so for the Morristown West football team and Fans of the Trojans, Welcome to Death Valley.....But don't say we didn't warn you....

Friday Night Football

GO REBELS

First of all. Unless you wanna talk about the SULLIVAN SOUTH VS MO WEST game tonight there's no need for any input. Everyone over at South is well aware we lost to DB this year. The truth be told we don't care. The only thing on the minds of everyone in Death Valley tonight will be the teams taking the field for what will be the MOST IMPORTANT game of the season for both teams which is always the one on hand. Conversation over, end of story. There are much more important things on the minds of the REBELS. So if you wanna talk about DB move over to the basketball boards and try to figure out how South romped DB last night without our key football players???

Now, speaking of speed I know the Rebels have plenty of it.

On the other hand Mo West is big real big compared to South.

This game should be quite similar for South to the one they played against Sullivan North in which South was outsized as will be tonight. West has 2, I have heard some say 3, big strong backs. South's defense has the ability to stop them dead in there tracks but that is not what I think will be the key to winning this game. The movement of the ball one way or another tonight will be decided in the trenches with the big boys. The way football should be played. South is fast on the D line and strong granted they are not the biggest. If they can blow through the big boys of West there should not be a problem. Even if West can stop that they will have the difficut task of blocking speedy linebacker Paul Wingfield and hard hitting Justin Dykes. Certainly not a simple task but if carried out by West I believe this game will be high scoring and has the potential of coming down to who stops who last. As for West's defense, you'll have your hands full tonight. Come prepared to face an extremely versatile offense. I wish you luck.

One more thing. If you find yourself playing in front of the Sullivan South Student Section be prepared. DEATH VALLEY will be rocking tonight and REBEL NATION will come with it. SOUTHERN PRIDE IS ALIVE.

We've got great pride at South and a great deal of respect for the Morristown West Trojans, so for the Morristown West football team and Fans of the Trojans, Welcome to Death Valley.....But don't say we didn't warn you....

Friday Night Football

GO REBELS

Obviously people do care becuase the DB/South contest has been discussed more than MoWest/South....

and for the figuring out how south romped in basketball i can answer that because it was a jamboree....2 quarters that didn't matter....if so then Science Hill should be worried because they were got beat by Crockett. As for not having key players due to football....i don't think Ashworth or Spud or Powell play football..the only key player they should have been missing last night should be Hauldren maybe Compton. Who else would they be missing? South should be loaded in bball but I wouldn't put any stock in last night