Goodpasture @ Camden

Lions4ever

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was worried about the Lions until the tornado approached Camden from the west Tuesday afternoon. As it got near the high school the boys were practicing for Friday night's big game with Goodpasture. (Ward can do a lot of things but he can't coach against a tornado I thought.) The tornado huffed and puffed and got to 641 just as McDowell was finishing one of his famous MacArther speeches. While the rest of us good citizens of Camden were hunkered down in basements and under our duck blinds, coach Ward and his men went to work. McDowell directed the troops into the school and to the secret rooms where the janitors usually hide to sleep. Ward ran for the lawn mower and started mowing the practice field. I was amazed because Knott didn't even get mad as hail and dead grass flew out of the lawn mower all over his ham sandwich he had been trying to gulp down during McDowell's speech. About that time, Wyatt raced across the parking lot in his suv with sparks flying out from under the back. He had obviously run over a shopping cart and it was stuck under the transaxle. In the middle of all of this confusion, Coach Blow ran to the field house as fast as he could. Ward cut the lawn mower off and yelled, "Coach Blow, where you going?" Coach Blow looked back over his shoulder and said, "I'm going to the bathroom cause they never had tornadoes like this in Huntingdon." Just as things were getting really exciting and it looked like Camden was going to be stormed away, the clouds split and one went north and the other went south. The tornado was scared to come across the Lion's field because it knew Ward had a plan to beat it, even though it was bigger and badder than the whole Lion team. Now that's the end of the tornado story except one thing. The only one missing from the playoff practice picture was Coach Hollowell and we all knew where he was and not one single one of us blamed him.

I give this topic an A+ :thumb:

Burrrrr, will be cold here in just about 7 hours. May not need to much though, the way the Lions Fans will be jumping up and down yelling and making some awlful noise...we will be plenty warm! :lol: