White House @ Notre Dame

timbdp

Please stop talking about the bad calls your just making it harder for them.

Nope, just letting them and the world know that i saw it too and they should really, really keep their heads up. Trust me, they all know. The coaches will tell them positive things and you or even I could write a nice eloquent speech about winning and losing and how you handle it makes you who you are, but they still know...

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great post from a true fan. I know you must be hurting right now, but you took the time and effort to post and to be very fair to your team and to ND. It was certainly a bitter defeat and you have accepted it. I could not help but contrast your post on the game with that sent a bit earlier by someone called "Dogstar," who evidently saw a different game than anyone else has reported. He seemed to blame the officials for everything that went awry. Of course, the officials didn't shut down Ladd in the second half; the officials didn't cause White House to fail to complete a single pass (2-0) and to be one dimensional. The officials didn't miss the FG at the end. The officials did rush for over 100 yards in the second half (as Carthorn of ND did). He didn't seem to give your opponent credit for a second half comeback.

I watched White House defeat Melrose in 1997 (1998?) when no one gave them a chance. It was one of the best games I've ever seen, and I have always kept up with them since, watching several games. You've got a fine team, a fine program, and at least one (and I know, many) good fans. Be proud of yourselves.

I left the board to go to bed and so missed your comment. If you go back and read my 2 line comment I said the officials were from Knoxville and had seen neither team and that I had talked to someone from White House that thought the officials were bad to Both teams. If you are going to comment on my reply then please comment on my reply and not crediting me with someone else's. I left aot unsaid to that individual that posted his comment because there is no point arguing with a wall. He never say any of his sides holding penalities or late hits that were not called. He only saw penalities not called on the other tea, Notre Dame. It was probably not the best officiating job I have seen but it was definitly not biased one way.

I left the board to go to bed and so missed your comment. If you go back and read my 2 line comment I said the officials were from Knoxville and had seen neither team and that I had talked to someone from White House that thought the officials were bad to Both teams. If you are going to comment on my reply then please comment on my reply and not crediting me with someone else's. I left aot unsaid to that individual that posted his comment because there is no point arguing with a wall. He never say any of his sides holding penalities or late hits that were not called. He only saw penalities not called on the other tea, Notre Dame. It was probably not the best officiating job I have seen but it was definitly not biased one way.

My apologies to you. I thought I was commenting on another post by someone else (I think it may have been "wh71." I read your comments and they were balanced. It seems that a look at the game stats indicates that it was the ND play in the second half and not the zebras that was the deciding factor. I repeat that I am a West Tennessean who became a White House "fan" at that 1997 win over Melrose, and I had no real strong feelings about who I wanted to win the game Friday night. Tell me, do you think Livingston can compete with Notre Dame next week?

There is no doubt that officiating played a part in this game.

When Notre Dame fumbled, as the kid leaned forward on a second effort after catching a pass, then it was given back to him. What would have been White House ball inside the Notre Dame 40 became the first Irish scoring drive. Before that, a kickoff was given back too, but we rectified that problem with an interception, but a holding call kept us out of the endzone and we settled for three.

We also got a tough holding call in the fourth, leading by five, in Notre Dame territory with a chance to put the game away.

All I saw in the first half of Dustin's pass (called a fumble for a huge loss) looked like an incomplete pass to me. But I got one look at it like everyone else, so I don't know.

And finally, this crew cannot spot the football and that benefitted both teams.

My apologies to you. I thought I was commenting on another post by someone else (I think it may have been "wh71." I read your comments and they were balanced. It seems that a look at the game stats indicates that it was the ND play in the second half and not the zebras that was the deciding factor. I repeat that I am a West Tennessean who became a White House "fan" at that 1997 win over Melrose, and I had no real strong feelings about who I wanted to win the game Friday night. Tell me, do you think Livingston can compete with Notre Dame next week?

I don't know only because I can't find any information on them. That said they were the fourth seed out of very tough region and beat the nuber two and one seeds in the playoffs. That alone tells me they are very good. I know Notre Dame expects them to be very tough and expects the game to be a battle.

I don't know only because I can't find any information on them. That said they were the fourth seed out of very tough region and beat the nuber two and one seeds in the playoffs. That alone tells me they are very good. I know Notre Dame expects them to be very tough and expects the game to be a battle.

You bet they are tough. It should be a good one.

Thank you. I have done some research also. It's incredible how many close games they have played--winning most but losing some. I would say that their region must have been the state's toughest this year. One thing in their favor is that their ace is their QB, Wilson Cates. It's much harder to defense a QB than a running back, since he can hurt you with his legs and/or his arm. He seems to be their leading rusher this year. Having played so many nail-biters will probably be an advantage, since everyone expects this to be a very close game.

Thank you. I have done some research also. It's incredible how many close games they have played--winning most but losing some. I would say that their region must have been the state's toughest this year. One thing in their favor is that their ace is their QB, Wilson Cates. It's much harder to defense a QB than a running back, since he can hurt you with his legs and/or his arm. He seems to be their leading rusher this year. Having played so many nail-biters will probably be an advantage, since everyone expects this to be a very close game.

That was my impression too. If you find any specific information would you post it on the DL vs ND thread?

I know emotions are high and in all honesty we at WH knew what needed to happen on the field for us to win...... Win the turnover battle, which we did, be physical, which we were, and win field position with the kicking game, which I thought we did a good job at.....Keep it low scoring.....

We are not, offensively, gonna scare anyone....we were looking for a way to win on the scoreboard and not on the stat page...... and we were accomplishing that in the first half.....we cannot get behind...... Plus, the refs were letting the teams play....which I thought helped us more than it helped ND.......

Except for two roughing calls (one each way), a couple of offsides and a motion penalty or two, the refs let the teams play....... And I believe that is the reason there are WH fans upset....... The two holding calls came at CRITICAL times.....one as we were about to score a TD and the other as we were looking to put the game away...... Plus, the flags came LATE in both plays..... If you see a hold, throw the flag, but not after the play has passed you by....I'm not saying the holding calls didn't happen.... I'm saying they were not making any calls of that nature the whole game.... And those plays didn't look any different than any other play I thought a penalty could have been called..... I thought holding could have been called several times, and no offense ND, but a couple of your linemen were reaching behind them when your QB scrambled...... But since the refs were not callin' it, I was OK with it..... they were consistant...

So excuse anyone upset..... Any team would have been upset at the critical time in the game and the timing of the flags thrown....

Kudos to ND, though.... They still needed to score and overcame the turnovers.... They did what they needed to do offensively and their defense stopped us on two occasions when there were no flags thrown where a FG may have been the difference....