Lexington vs. David Lipscomb

delicousD

Congrats DL on the win,I thought my Tigers could hang with ya, but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks for a great season Tigers, 12-1 is nothing to be ashamed of.

I just have 1 question though, any Lexington player or fan might be able to help me with this: Why wasnt Deshaun Smith under center at least 1 time tonight? He lead the team to a 12-0 record, hes also the starting corner, returned kickoffs, and took a punishment returning punts and being a 5'4 125 pound QB. After taking a beating in the Creek Wood game, he jumped up after every play and did whatever was asked of him. Why wasnt he good enough to take 1 snap in what was his last game as a Lexington Tiger? DL would have beat Lexington anyway, they executed perfectly. But, the trap play to Deberry, the misdirection with Buckley and Smith, and the option play has been the bread and butter for this team all year, it was just strange to see 4 wide outs and Lexington in passing mode the whole game. So if anybody knows, give me a lil insight on this if you can.

I thought the guy you are talking about quarterbacked the very first series. I remember a very little guy that would have trouble seeing over the line at quarterback. Then the bigger kid with the hurt knee came in. Was I seeing things?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see something profound hit you in the twelve minutes between your responses to the same post. I really wish you would devote more of your time to trying to take away from what these players have accomplished. A true measure of a program is to work hard in the offseason, in practice, and on the field. A true measure of a good program is great coaching, in football and in life. A true measure of a great program is a strong CoachT contingent, who in this case happens to be better than your school's. There's your $7,000. King's to you.

Again...bombsquad...you never seem to amaze me. A "true measure"...yeah right. The true measure is for you to have the same courage as Davidson Academy and go play in the private arena.

Again, I will say that DL has a great team and great coaching and wins as usual

Again, I will say that DL belongs in a division with other private schools....it's real simple. I say the same thing about Goodpasture.

I doubt that anything that I say will take anything away from the players....only the coacht DL fans who find the truth about the multiplier system hard to swallow.

For the poster who wondered what "advantage" $7,000 gives to DL......you really don't "get it" do you? I wonder what would happen if everyone had a $7,000 voucher to play anywhere they wanted.

I thought the guy you are talking about quarterbacked the very first series. I remember a very little guy that would have trouble seeing over the line at quarterback. Then the bigger kid with the hurt knee came in. Was I seeing things?

I missed the very first series, I had to listen to it on the radio, I got lost. But the second series I know he wsnt in there.

Congrats to Lexington on a fine season ...they did things this year the old-fashioned way.

UGHHHH....the multiplier reeks.......and the beast is still loose. I tried to tell the Lexington folks what they were up against.......well.....now it's time to see how DL can upgrade their schedule to include more "multiplier schools" that are more challenging to their level. While I did post this week....I feel for the Lexington community. The idea of pitting towns and small cities against private ...er...I mean.... institutions of "higher" learning is downright disgusting. A community gets behind a group of "homegrown" kids from "ALL" walks of life and gets pitted against someone who has 7,000 reasons to be playing together with someone else who has 7,000 reasons to play alongside them......what justice is there????

DL has a very good team...I have said that all along......c'mon Ronnie Carter be realistic and "boot"all of the multipliers into their own league.......

Great game DL and did Lexington leave anyone at home last night?

Why are you so against private schools?

I'll give you a little background on my experiences . I played at a public school in KY and beat and lost to both public and private schools. There is only one state champion in basketball (no classifications). There was nothing more fun to be a small school and beat someone twice the size of us. I never thought about the difference.

In case you did not know the difference between DL, Goodpasture, CPA, etc..., and MBA,MUS and Chrisian Brothers is that we do not give financial support to athletes. I had to sign an affidavit that if my son accepted any assistance at DL he would be ineligible to play all sports and he is currently in Kindergarten. I will happily pay $7,000 a year even if I have to borrow it, so he does not have to go to Metro Schools.

Congrats to the Mustangs, and congrats to Lexington on a great year. The crowd that came from Lexington last night was more than impressive - you have the right to be proud of the way you support your team, and you should certainly be proud of your team.

As far as the rest of the mess that continues to be put on this thread about the advantaged vs. the disadvantaged (and I use those terms only because they were used by a previous poster) - - - here's what it really boils down (RELATIVE TO DAVID LIPSCOMB):

A) when comparing public vs. private in the context of Lipscomb, there's really only a couple of advantages you can give Lipscomb. First, the student body of Lipscomb is not necessarily comprised of kids from the same neighborhood, district or county. Second, it is a K - 12 school, so many of these kids have known each other and been friends for years - they've grown up together and played football together since 4th or 5th grade (note, however, they weren't recruited to Lipscomb as 1st graders because of their athletic ability or for any other reason - they were sent to Lipscomb by families who wanted to send their child to a particular school because of the educational environment they wanted their child to be in). I would suspect that many of our county schools have similar situations - where kids grow up together and play together from elementary through H.S.

B) Other than what's mentioned above, you'd be hard-pressed to convince me that Lipscomb has other advantages because of it's private school status. Despite what everyone loves to think - it's not money. The $7000 voucher comments are made as if every tuition dollar I spend for my child to be in school supports Lipscomb's athletic program. I know for a fact that Lipscomb's football budget is a drop in the bucket compared to the budget of football programs for public schools. Lipscomb's athletic programs have meager budgets compared to public schools. When it comes to money, there is a difference between public and private, and that difference is that public funds don't go into the athletic budget at Lipscomb, and the budgets for the sports programs at Lipscomb are small compared to those of public schools. And if you think that there's some endless supply of cash that comes to Lipscomb through parents or booster clubs or whatever, you're off the mark. Parents pay tuition - and that money is spread very thin among the more important things that are necessary to run an educational institution. Money doesn't buy athletes for Lipscomb. No recruiting, no scholarships. As mentioned above, kids who are at Lipscomb are there because their parents wanted them in that educational environment.

C) Lipscomb does have an advantage that has nothing to do with the fact that it's a private school - but everything to do with the fact that it's an institution that cares about the people who are given the responsibility of helping raise boys into men. The advantage is that they hired a man named Glenn McCadams some 20+ years ago, and he's class: he cares about his players, he cares about their unity, he cares about their loyalty, he cares about the way they treat each other, he cares about the way they behave on and off the field, he cares that they are concerned more about team than self.

So if you're bound and determined to talk about advantages and disadvantages, forget the talk about vouchers, forget the talk about money, forget the talk about public vs. private - and talk about the people who are in control of the programs - the coaches who show they really care about their players.

If you're bound and determined to talk about Lipscomb's advantage that seems to keep them in the playoffs year in and year out (regardless of classification), then here's the advantage: Glenn McCadams and a staff of men who know how to coach and mentor young men. My hats off to them!

Congrats to the Mustangs, and congrats to Lexington on a great year. The crowd that came from Lexington last night was more than impressive - you have the right to be proud of the way you support your team, and you should certainly be proud of your team.

As far as the rest of the mess that continues to be put on this thread about the advantaged vs. the disadvantaged (and I use those terms only because they were used by a previous poster) - - - here's what it really boils down (RELATIVE TO DAVID LIPSCOMB):

A) when comparing public vs. private in the context of Lipscomb, there's really only a couple of advantages you can give Lipscomb. First, the student body of Lipscomb is not necessarily comprised of kids from the same neighborhood, district or county. Second, it is a K - 12 school, so many of these kids have known each other and been friends for years - they've grown up together and played football together since 4th or 5th grade (note, however, they weren't recruited to Lipscomb as 1st graders because of their athletic ability or for any other reason - they were sent to Lipscomb by families who wanted to send their child to a particular school because of the educational environment they wanted their child to be in). I would suspect that many of our county schools have similar situations - where kids grow up together and play together from elementary through H.S.

:D Other than what's mentioned above, you'd be hard-pressed to convince me that Lipscomb has other advantages because of it's private school status. Despite what everyone loves to think - it's not money. The $7000 voucher comments are made as if every tuition dollar I spend for my child to be in school supports Lipscomb's athletic program. I know for a fact that Lipscomb's football budget is a drop in the bucket compared to the budget of football programs for public schools. Lipscomb's athletic programs have meager budgets compared to public schools. When it comes to money, there is a difference between public and private, and that difference is that public funds don't go into the athletic budget at Lipscomb, and the budgets for the sports programs at Lipscomb are small compared to those of public schools. And if you think that there's some endless supply of cash that comes to Lipscomb through parents or booster clubs or whatever, you're off the mark. Parents pay tuition - and that money is spread very thin among the more important things that are necessary to run an educational institution. Money doesn't buy athletes for Lipscomb. No recruiting, no scholarships. As mentioned above, kids who are at Lipscomb are there because their parents wanted them in that educational environment.

C) Lipscomb does have an advantage that has nothing to do with the fact that it's a private school - but everything to do with the fact that it's an institution that cares about the people who are given the responsibility of helping raise boys into men. The advantage is that they hired a man named Glenn McCadams some 20+ years ago, and he's class: he cares about his players, he cares about their unity, he cares about their loyalty, he cares about the way they treat each other, he cares about the way they behave on and off the field, he cares that they are concerned more about team than self.

So if you're bound and determined to talk about advantages and disadvantages, forget the talk about vouchers, forget the talk about money, forget the talk about public vs. private - and talk about the people who are in control of the programs - the coaches who show they really care about their players.

If you're bound and determined to talk about Lipscomb's advantage that seems to keep them in the playoffs year in and year out (regardless of classification), then here's the advantage: Glenn McCadams and a staff of men who know how to coach and mentor young men. My hats off to them!

I stand on my principle that you should play other private schools...what??...no rebuttal to the Davidson Academy change this year.

You will have a hard time finding many people outside of DL who can get a "feel" of anyone having a hardship dishing out $7,000. and having any empathy for them

Memo to bulldog69 - in the last ten years Lipscomb has been beaten in the playoffs by public schools seven times. If you want specifics, here they are: 1996 - lost to Huntingdon, 1997 - lost to Tyner, 1998 - lost to Milan, 1999 - lost to Tyner, 2001 - lost to Tyner, 2003 - lost to Huntingdon, 2004 - lost to Alcoa. The average margin of loss in those seven games was 14 points. I guess someone forgot to tell them that they playing field wasn't level and they had no chance.

To Lexington team and fans - you had a great year and your fan support is unbelievable! All of us DL fans are keeping Kevis Buckley in our thoughts and prayers. It is a shame that he was unable to play in the second half. He is a gifted athlete and is fun to watch. The same goes for Jonathan DeBerry and several other Red Tigers. If someone out there has an update on Kevis' condition, please post it on this thread.

Guest catfish-hunter

As stated on the Cheatham-Lipscomb threat, I predicted

DL-28

Lex-s (maybe)

Any questions? The Capt. knows all.......or do I?

Nice season Tigers. Congrats. You along with Creekwood and Greenbrier are the 3 best teams DL has faced.............or are you?????????

They weren't. That team would be the Red & White (aka the 9-3 Cheatham Co. Cubs). The best Cubs bunch ever that lost close in the playoffs vs teams like Huntingdon and David Lipscomb (which is much more impressive than losing to quarterfinalists like Westwood).

Go ahead and respond by posting something ignorant like you always do because I won't be in this thread anymore to read it either.

Congrats to the David Lipscomb Mustangs on another win. Way to represent Region 5-3A well. I hope that you win it all in your first year at the 3A level. Take care of Covington at home next week and don't even look ahead to the 'Boro and a possible matchup vs the Notre Dame-Livingston Academy winner.

Guest catfish-hunter

That would be the same "awesome" cheatham team that Creekwood, again, beat. 2 years in a row now.

And, like always, you will read, and can't deny my indisputable logic and facts.

Well maybe you can, I do forget you aint dealing with a full deck.......or are you?

Yes we are talking about the same group of seniors.

You know the group that went to the playoffs ALL FOUR YEARS and did not miss the postseason (like that talented group did in '96).

UNDERACHIEVERS :D:D